PROLOGUE

Her Millionaire Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi hotdogs! Just wanted to post a sneak peek? Hope you enjoyed it. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

How could someone live in such a big mansion alone? The large garden occupying all spaces into green land, an American styled castle soared high into early dusk of morning.

 

 

 

 

 


Tall columns and large windows spanned over the dark brick of vast exterior. The lush view of the outside evoked undeniable magnificence. Sculpted bushes lining clean walkways, varieties of flowers ready to open up and greet the early morning and manicured lawns that were perfect for barefoot play.

 

 

 

 

 


One person risen all of this beauty , yet the person choose to live in this solitude of a large mansion. It  was a peculiar place. But more so, it was an odd destination for an unsuspecting passenger.

 

 

 

 

 

 


In the backseat of the cab, a giant pair of eyes and hair continue to take in the intimidating estate. Unlike the other manors of the elite subdivision, metal gates to a home were turned hinges in the distance. The cab passed through the opening and crept along the long drive way that arched to the front of the towering mansion. Though the vast wooden doors to the entrance were right in front of her, the passenger hadn’t realized that the vehicle came to a full stop until she heard the driver clear his throat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


In a hurry, she dug into her small, battered brown purse. Her fingers sifted through for cash to pay the fare. Finally, she handed the driver a crumpled money but startled when she read the numbers on the dash board. She was short of money.

 

 

 

 

 

 


“It’s alright dear, that will do. I think the dash board is a bit broken” the old man chuckled and reassured her. He showed a broad smile covered by his grey mustache.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Her brows rose, unsure if she experienced an act of kindness to the old man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His smile transformed into a wrinkly grin. “I’m telling you it’s alright dear, no need to worry!” The old man said with closed eyes nodding his head. 

 

 

 

 

 


She bowed and thanked the old man grateful for his kindness in such age. Just as the young woman zipped her brown purse closed, she took one more look at the massive wooden double doors. The fear in her eyes was showing in the sunlight.

 

 

 

 

 

 


To ease the tension of the young woman, the old kind man murmured, “What’s your name, dear?”

 

 

 

 

 

 


Suddenly stiff, she focused on her brown purse clenched into a tight grasp, and the old man squinted worriedly to her customer’s changed demeanor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His next question was forward but laced with softness and curiosity. “Why so shy my dear” He said waiting for her to speak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looking up to the old man and remained an eye contact, she lifted her right hand and tapped her chin twice. Gone her shy demeanor and replaced with a calmed face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The old man driver gasped and asked thoroughly, “Oh my dear, you can’t speak?” The old man said amazed to this brave young woman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So she sheepishly shook her head as an answer to the old man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


His head tilted back, and his dark furry brows lifted high. “That explains the complete silence. But.... that’s okay dear! It’s actually really nice to see a brave young woman here, such an honor to meet you... This old man name here is Lee Sang-hoon, but I tell the youngsters to call me Sang-ssi.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He beamed at his customer once more. As she excitedly ran her hands back to her purse to pull out a small card. In mild shock, Old man Sang-ssi took her shiny license as he reads the name of the young woman

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Krystal” He muttered with a growing smile. “Such a beautiful name dear and a true Crystal indeed. Never met a young woman like you.” He chuckled and looked at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the old man returned her license, he muttered and gazed at the young woman “Your eyes, you’ve got those large beautiful brown eyes” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal beamed at the old man as she takes her license from him. Confused to what he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With all seriousness, The old man told her. “They always speak for you dear, I can see the way your eyes gives meaning to your answers. They’ll always say more than your mouth ever could.” 

 

 

 

 

 


Krystal peered at him. She was amazed to hear a new phrase for the past eighteen years. Since the accident, she was only able to use her eyes and gestures to express exactly how she felt, yet she rarely wanted to.

 

 

 

 

 


“I would ask what a young woman like you coming to a place like this, but it’s not like you’d tell me anyways. Sheesh! I get it, I get it! I know you aren’t gonna tell me cause it’s not my business!” He roared jokingly, which brought a quiet chuckle from the young woman.

 

 

 

 

 


She wished she could have remained in the backseat a little longer, but if the time would allow it, sadly they still both had to get back to work. Krystal gets her black luggage to the cab with the help of Sang-ssi, she really enjoyed the company of his bright face not forgetting his warm and kind words. As soon as she closed the door of the cab, she bid farewell to the old man also returning the gestures she did. She looked Sang-ssi’s departure behind the distant metal gates. And now he was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her heart still ached for the kind stranger, when she took a step away from the sun’s bright morning rays to move under the shadows of her new residence. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Like instructed before her arrival, she approached the large door and lightly knocked across the wood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter