Chapter thirty one

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter thirty one.

(14 jan)

Sunday was indifferent to Saturday, and so were the upcoming days to regular school days.

That Friday's night, I told Jungkook to stay together again, to which he gladly agreed, but I felt that I was sticking too much to the latter. That could have bothered him, and if it did by any chance, I wouldn't like myself to be a burden to any person. Alas, the boy was too  perfect not to want to spend days with him. I don't quite understand what is different about him, but he just makes the mood brighter, more vibrant and merely pleasant. Sometimes, I even thought of our company as something vital for me. I couldn't imagine a day without him being included in it, neither his side-hugs and charming smiles and caring characteristic. Whenever we would be together, I would secretly keep praying for time to freeze, and would feel like clutching the cherished chats and laughs between us, tightly. The bond in betwixt was too deep not to  admire,  simply...all of that wasn't a thing I had felt while being with the other boys, not even Jimin hyung. The thing that befuddled me most was that I even kept in consideration the possibility of me being his ideal type. Everything he mentioned, I had or was. I did not even know the reason of me thinking about such things at all. The boy treated me as a friend, a pure innocent friendship was probably how he would describe our acquaintance.

I ruffled my hair a tad at the thought, as I was sitting to my desk, the usual daydreaming session giving me a visit while doing my homework on that Saturday morning.

I put the pencil in my hand on the notebook, then decided to call Jisoo for help. The girl also had bemusing feelings to me, even though I was a friend, so maybe she could help me figure out what precisely was happening to my mind.

I grabbed my phone, searching for her number amongst the names that started with 'j', Jungkookie's contact name that was under hers making me even more annoyed by the situation.

I pressed the call option, waiting for several seconds, the only thing I could hear was the ringing of the device and the purring of Eungo-ah at the background.

"Hello?"

"O-oh, hi!"

"Hi, Taehyung-ssi, how are you doing?" her calm voice's octave relaxed me a tad.

"The usual. What about you?"

"As always fine. So, how has life been treating you?"  I groaned at that slightly.

"Pretty well, I would say. But sometimes, it is indeed puzzling." the girl hummed.

"Would you mind to share?" I shook my head.

"Not at all, I actually called you to help me with it."

"Oh, what is it then, Taehyung-ssi?" I cleared my throat before starting.

"Um, wh-when someone falls for a..friend, how can they know it?" A light sigh could be heard.

"It.. undoubtedly is bemusing and hard to classify whether it is friendly love, meaning plain random feelings between friends, or if it goes above that line. I, for example, went through the situation twice, so I guess that you made quite a good choice by calling me for help." my eyebrows knit at that.

"O-oh, really? Did you like someone else before me?"

"It is rather after you." 'was it the drunk blond girl from that night?' "When I had a crush on you, it wasn't as hard to know it, for you are a boy, and other obvious reasons." a slight chuckle slipped my mouth at the indirect compliment. "The real confusion was gone through when I fell for a girl, for a simple friend, for someone that I wasn't supposed to feel feelings for at the first place." so my suggestion was right then, I thought. She paused for a tad, before carrying on. "At first, it started with liking her looks. I thought it was 'appreciation of beauty' yet wasn't. Then followed teasing each other about quite..ual things, I guess. And at last, her nice and amiable personality became the main interest to me." a lump formed at the back of my throat at hearing that.

"O-oh.."

"Eventually, I did collect every single morsel of courage in me and once again, confessed to a friend. I don't know what it is about me, but consequences were something I didn't think about before doing the move. When I did declare my crush to you that evening, I didn't fear losing our friendship for eternity because I knew your kind characteristic, and that you wouldn't feel sickened of me, but for Lisa, she is actually harsh and straightforward. But thankfully, my feelings were requited." I swallowed pretty harshly before replying.

"Wow, that does indeed seem daunting."

"I was just lucky. And I am grateful for that."

"Y-yes.."

"But, do you feel something for a close friend of yours?" my eyes went big.

"N-no, no, It's a friend that wanted help.." I lied.

"Oooh, alright then, I hope he makes the right decision at the end." I hoped so as well.

"Thank you." I breathed deeply "Anyways, I will not derange you anymore."

"Oh, you aren't deranging me at all, Taehyung-ssi, we are friends, remember?"

"Yes, indeed."

"Alright then, we will talk again."

"Of course, bye then."

The call ended, and I put the phone back on the desk, thinking internally about the conversation. She was right, falling for a friend is so much risky, but it wasn't like I had fallen for the latter.

I didn't guess so.

When I loved Jimin, it was obvious to me that he did the same too, that is why I wasn't as troubled as I was feeling at that moment, but Jungkook..no. It wasn't possible to even fall in love with a person in such a short time, now could anyone?...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter