Chapter eighteen

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter eighteen : Yoongi's rise.

"The act you did today was so polished, slick." said Yoongi hyung.

I smiled feebly.

"But watch out for your own self. Showing off may get harmful sometimes."

"It was a one-time matter. I will not do it again, trust me."

I didn't really know whether I was lying or not, for Taehyung was too precious for me to not help.

However, staying at home for the whole afternoon was bizarre for me, considering that I would have been working at such a time, a week beforehand. I still felt the same on the next afternoon.

Hoseok hyung didn't stop labouring, so I stayed alone for four whole hours until he would come back.

Then,  I knew how Tae hyung must have felt staying lonely at home, with no one to talk to neither play with.

Nonetheless, the door was knocked on only two hours after the end of school.

I questioned whether one of the hyungs came earlier from work.

I opened the door, but the hyung I saw in front of me was not an expected one to come.

"H-hi.."

"Hey.." I replied to Taehyung hyung who stood awkwardly in front of the door. I  signed him to enter the flat with my head.

I closed the door behind him.

"Um, would you mind if I stay with you for some time?" his stuttered words made me question the sudden reason of his request, but as I mentioned before; I can do nothing but to approve.

"O-of course, make yourself at home."

He stood in front of me for a bit, then said. "I am sorry, but I really felt lonely, and Jimin isn't home right now, the Kim cousins are revising, so I decided  to come and stay with you."

I bid my hand. "It's okay, why are you apologizing? I was feeling lonely too, I'm indifferent to your pain."

His face brightened to my words, a grin started forming on it.

"How did you know which flat is ours?" I asked.

"O-oh, I asked the guardian about the list of people that live in the flats at the ground floor."

I lifted my head a bit with an 'o' shaped mouth.

"I apologize for not having much to have fun with, we r-"

"We can have fun while doing anything, as long as we are close friends."

"True" he mentioned us being close friends, my lips could not hold the wide smile that emerged.

"Once, when Jimin and  I were around twelve, his parents let him sleep at my house for a week, because they went to  a trip I believe."  I nodded in  anticipation. "It was a holiday week, thus leaving him and I at home alone, while mom and  dad would go to labour. We would eventually get tired of playing video games, and I remember spending minutes in deep silence thinking of something fun to do." he smiled to himself  while remembering the memory. "However, we, for once, made use of the fact that we know how to write, and played games that only require a pair of pens, a piece of paper, and two brains. They would be even more fun to play then the technological ones."

I smiled, not feeling jealous for once, because even I used to play with the hyungs such games.

"So would you like us to reincarnate the memories back?" I said as I pulled a notebook and some pencils from my bag.

His smile was as bright as the shiniest star. His nod barely made me question whether he was a teenager or a child still.

 

We sat on the carpet, legs crossed, played multiple games,  and had loads of fun.

However, the knocking of the door was heard once more.

We both looked at the door, then to each other.

"Just a second." I said while getting up from the floor, then went towards the door.

It was Hoseok hyung.

He entered the flat.

"This day was so fatigu-" His words stopped getting said as he saw Tae hyung in the living room. His eyebrows were raised, and his lips pursed a bit.

"Hey Taehyung-ah, I..didn't expect to see you here." He spoke with a smile at the end.

Tae hyung and I smiled awkwardly, previous to the latter standing up himself.

"I am sorry, I didn't know that it was this late already."

"Yah, Taehyung, you're not going anywhere" confirmed Hoseok hyung, to which I looked in awe. "I don't know why you came, but please stay with us. It's a true pleasure having someone other in our house.  You know, we don't have many acquaintances."

Taehyung looked embarrassed for a second. "I-I appreciate the offer. Thanks, Hoseok hyung."

 

We continued playing, this time with Hoseok hyung who joined after showering. But after one hour, Taetae hyung decided to go back to his own home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter