Chapter twenty eight

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty eight

The door knocked, and I opened it to see a fatigued-looking Yoongi.

"Hi."

"Hey, hyung. How was your day?"

"..Fine, I guess, what about yours?"

"Great~" said I with a small grin.

"Taehyung called him to stay with him this morning, of course it would be." uttered Hoseok hyung who was playing the snake game on the bed, enveloped by blankets.

"Oh" the other kicked his shoes off, then put his coat and bag on the chair near him. "Concerning Taehyung." he cleared his throat before adding. "I called him today."

"Finally." commented the other.

"It was a bit tough to do, but..I apologized to him" Oh well, Yoongi hyung apologizing to someone wasn't something to witness much.

"Oh, really?" he nodded.

"I felt bad for practically stealing the other from him and seeing him cry and ...he's my friend after all." the soft side of the elder was risen then, and it candidly was one of the best things to ever attend. Nonetheless, he shrugged "What is done has been done, and I can reverse nothing now, but at least, he still has someone who loves him." Hoseok hyung winked at me then, with a knowing smirk playing on his lips.

 

The next day came, Hoseok hyung had awakened me by a call from him, reminding me to buy the groceries.

On holidays, Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung prefer to go earlier to work as the chances of getting more money would be higher, and so was I until a few weeks ahead.

It was nearly ten am, so I got cleansed, put on new clothes, then stepped out of the flat's door.

And as soon as I put my foot out of the residence's marble tiles, I saw a thick, mildly fair substance covering the road sides, along with houses' roofs and small letter boxes. No hint of sun rays could be detected, only a pastel bluish colour painting the sky's canvas.

I spent a morsel of time standing, appreciating the beauty of the view, then called Taehyung hyung to let him know about the snow.

"Hi, Kookie~"

"Hello, hyung" from his raspy voice, I could tell that he was still sleeping not long ago. "Would you like to take a look out of the window?"

"Um, alright, just a second." he was silent for a tad, but then an adorable giggle left his lips. "It's snowing~"

"Yeah. I'm in front of your house by the way."

"Oh really?" I didn't blame him for not seeing me, for his room's window was on the side-walls of the house, permitting only the view of the residence I lived in since both buildings were near. "I can see you from my parent's bedroom's window." I just waved at that, spotting the brunet from behind the glass. He waved back, then disappeared, to my bewilderment, only to come out of the house shortly after.

I smacked my forehead, ending the call.

"Taetae hyung, you will get sick!"

"Don't worry about me, Jungkook-ah~" said he before stepping in the chunky layer of snow, seeming to have difficulty in walking.

The angelic rectangular grin on his face didn't fail to make me, for the nth time, wondering whether he was indeed a young man or a toddler.

He engulfed a bit of snow, forming a ball out of it, then threw it on me. I got startled by the act, but successfully dodged it.

"Yah, hyung, what are you doing?"

"Snow fight~" he sing-sang, before bowing down to grasp more of the substance and throwing it at me.

I knew that the consequences wouldn't be satisfying if I would hit him back because his immune system was frail, and knew that he would stay stuck to the bed mattress drinking litters of hot lemon water for recovery.  

Yes, I could escape the hits I received from the latter, but abruptly, I felt snow hitting my back instead.

"Good job, Jiminie!"

"Oh my god, this is unfair~!" I whined at the sight of the other two aiming at me for their next shots.

"Well, we're here for fun, and no funny thing has rules." uttered the shorter with a shrug. "Sorry, kid."

 

Numerous minutes later, we were all covered in snow, lazily grabbing fistfuls of it and throwing it on each other as if there was nothing that could interrupt the amusement that overwhelmed us.

Regardless, I was happy to notice the evenness Taetae hyung felt while communicating normally with Jimin hyung, seemingly comfortable with the latter and I as we fooled around.

However, a woman soon exited the eldest's house. She was pretty, and warm-hearted-looking, to say the least, with her height shorter than average women, and her long hair flowing over her petite figure.

"Hi boys~"

"Hi~" Tae hyung and I greeted back in unison before bowing slightly to her.

"Aw, your friends are adorable Jimin!"

"I know, mom, I know." responded the latter.

"Anyways, I am sorry to cut off the entertainment you were having but we are going now to your grandmother's house, Jimin." said male lifted his head with an 'o' shaped mouth.

"Alright guys, I should leave then. I had so much fun marinating Jungkook-ah in snow ." I just scoffed as the other two giggled, before saying goodbye to each other as the elder went back to his own house.

"So, are you going to stay with me, Kookie?"

"I wish so, but I have to buy groceries. That's why I got out in the first place." the other nodded with a thin-lined smile.

"Then I will go with you, then we will head to my house!" the bright smile on his lips, and the mere display of his pearly teeth succeeded to get a nod from me.

Few minutes passed, we arrived eventually at the other boy's house, and watched an action film chosen by his taste, and played games at the end.

Evening came, and I remembered that I was the one charged with cleaning the flat that day.

"Um, Tae hyung, it's already seven, and as much as I hate to say it, I have to go." A slight purse to his lips could be seen at the acclamation which I said absolutely half-heartedly.

"Alright, but c-can you come tomorrow as soon as you would be able to?"

"Sure. I am free anyways."

 

I was dusting the gray powder off the shelves and window corners, lonely, while thinking about what had been happening at that period.

Taehyung hyung definitively seemed to be way more trusting to me ,and comfortable with my company. I don't want to assume things, but he looked like he had accepted the fact that him and Jimin hyung became exes by then, but I didn't know whether he was content with it, or yet to be.

Regardless, him wanting me to stay with him as much as possible made me feel so cherished by and special to him. He said he loved me the most after all, despite him being good friends with the other five boys, but I didn't question it. That sentence ringed in my mind for so much when it was spoken out of his mouth, and I felt so happy then; too pleased for the satisfaction to be even real.

 

Nothing much happened that night, I just spent a cosy night with the hyungs under the blankets, watching a Drama when Yoongi hyung said "Jungkook, by the way." I turned my head towards his direction. "We don't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter