Grumpy and Clumsy in Love

Grumpy and Clumsy in Love

 

 

Blankly YunHo stared down at the book when he reached the bibliography. Leaning back in his chair he closed the book with a sigh, soft murmurs resounding in the library he had been sitting in for the past two hours.

“Done with your book?” sitting lazily across from him, the lanky youth leaned onto his hand, stifling a yawn.

“Sure,” YunHo mumbled and silently cursed himself for forgetting about ChangMin.

“Great,” ChangMin replied and YunHo couldn't deny the boredom latched in his voice. “Was it any good this manual of sloths?”

YunHo blinked at that. “Uh,” he mumbled and cast a glance onto the cover of the book he had just read. Or really just very slowly flipped through. “Sure. Very charming,” he declared and earned a snort from the younger.

“Of course. Anything is good as long as it consumes enough time. Even the mating of two sloths is a far better amusement than dealing with a roommate that's infatuated with love songs,” ChangMin deadpanned and YunHo could literally feel the sarcasm like a knife.

A frustrated sigh fell from YunHo's lips. “He's driving me insane!” he declared with his hands buried in his hair. ChangMin's amused chuckle wasn't of any help, really. “Dammit, ChangMin. This is not funny!”

“Well, sorry to say, but it damn well is super hilarious,” the younger mocked and YunHo glared at him. He really was this close to strangle the other.

“Ugh, what did I ever do to deserve you as a friend,” he grumbled in frustration and ChangMin barely shrugged his shoulders with a cheeky grin.

*

Begrudgingly YunHo walked over the campus once he had left the library and bid ChangMin goodbye. He stared at the setting sun slipping through a row of dorms and a tree here and there when he halted his steps, just dragging his return to his dorm a little longer. Well, ChangMin surely had a point that his averseness to his new roommate was a little off and amusing to everyone else, but then again he didn't have to live with a dreadful klutz tripping over the tiniest non-existent obstacle called air who blurted horribly cheesy love songs once every thirty minutes. YunHo really wondered what he had done to deserve a klutz like Kim JaeJoong in his college life.

He sighed heavily when the sun completely vanished behind the dorm buildings and shuffled further to his dorm. For a moment he wondered what would greet him today, whether JaeJoong was hogging the warm water and by thus the bath tub for the entire evening again and, of course, not sparing him with those horrible songs, or if there would be something smashed to pieces again because the klutz had tripped once more over his own feet.

Bracing himself he slipped the key into the door of their shared dorm room and carefully opened it. He gulped when he stepped in, about to let the other know of his return as it would have been polite to do, but halted when nothing but darkness greeted him. YunHo blinked. That either meant that JaeJoong had gone out, which was seldom but more common on a Friday evening like today, or that he miraculously was already asleep. Carefully YunHo slipped through the room and inwardly celebrated when JaeJoong was not to be found in his bed with a rejoicing fist pump and a happy dance.

Nothing could falter his good mood on this evening when he thought of all the possibilities. For once hogging the TV and watching a minding bloody slasher horror movie, blasting for once the radio with heavy rock songs and simply enjoying some time not facepalming over the other's clumsiness. That was until he heard the splashing of water and a soft hum that gathered in volume that slipped through the closed bathroom door. Ungracefully YunHo tripped over his dancing feet and crashed face first onto the ground when JaeJoong's distinctive voice hollered through the short entrance hall.

“I said I wasn't gonna lose my head but then pop! Goes my heart~” YunHo groaned and cursed under his breath when he sat up, all the while being forced to listen to a cheesy ballad. He rubbed his aching nose, glad that it didn't seem to be broken und thus sparing him of nosebleed, and cursed some more when he got up to trudge over to his bed. Like so often he wondered what he had ever done to deserve this annoying roommate when he changed clothes and crawled under his blanket to force himself to sleep.

*****

A soft hum was echoing through the dorm room, accompanying the sizzling of a pan from which a sweet fragrance was evolving. Time and again curious eyes peeked around the corner of the small kitchenette in hopes that the sleeping figure was not disturbed by his cooking. Heaving a relieved sigh, the raven haired lad returned to his pancakes and continued to hum along the love song currently crossing his mind.

“I'm under your spell. Nothing I can do, you just took my soul with you~” Completely lost in his song, JaeJoong didn't notice that YunHo stirred awake. Said one blinked sleepily at JaeJoong's side of the room and wondered for a moment if he should pretend to sleep and enjoy the sweet fragrance of pancakes or just turn around and snuggle into his pillow to really continue his sleep. As annoying as JaeJoong's infatuation with love songs was, YunHo couldn't deny that he was a freaking awesome cook.

Deciding that he could sleep a little while longer on a Saturday, YunHo turned in his bed and sighed contentedly against his fluffy pillow. At least for now he would be spared of loudly blurted love songs. JaeJoong was considerate enough not to wake him on purpose.

“Ah, nononononooooo.” JaeJoong's desperate hushed whine was accompanied by a dull clatter and something smudgy hitting the ground. YunHo was wide awake immediately. He sighed heavily when he sat up and ruffled through his dishevelled hair before he dared to glance towards the kitchenette. He grumbled a little under his breath when he couldn't make out anything but JaeJoong's low curses together with a wiping motion and the sizzling of the pan. The raven haired was probably cleaning up whatever mess he had made.

Yawning fiercely YunHo climbed out of bed and shuffled on feet towards the kitchenette. He found JaeJoong crouched over a patch of some sticky substance of creamy colour and assumed that the other had dropped his bowl of pancake dough. YunHo blinked at the raven haired muttering incoherent words to himself when he registered a very well-known fragrance.

“I think your pancakes are burning,” he announced, catching the other by such surprise that he almost lost his footing. “Again, if I may add,” he continued, a smug grin on his lips when JaeJoong shot him an angered glare.

“Very funny,” JaeJoong retorted, sticking out his tongue in a very mature manner and tried to rescue whatever was left of the pastry. It was too late, however, and the burned piece found its resting place in the trash bin.

“Any last words for your breakfast?” JaeJoong asked when he turned from the trash bin and curiously eyed YunHo.

The latter blinked dumbfounded at him and barely replied, “Come again?”

“That was your share of pancakes in the trash bin, Grumpy,” JaeJoong repeated and failed in suppressing his laughter at the face YunHo pulled. “Oh my god, you should see your face!” he called out and burst into a hearty laughter.

YunHo mentally counted to ten in an attempt to not strangle the other. He really didn't know what he found more annoying about JaeJoong. His very weird sense of humour, his ridiculous infatuation with love songs or this stupid nickname he had given him. He definitely did not resemble that freaking Grumpy Cat!

*

Sighing contentedly when the warm spray of water washed away the foam, YunHo stayed in the shower stall a little while longer than necessary. Not because he was all stinky but he really wanted to stay away from JaeJoong until he would stop blurting a love song which the other had started on once breakfast had been over. YunHo was thankful that JaeJoong had been kind enough to share his remaining pancakes with him, but he really could have done without the cheesy dessert.

Once turning off the water and exiting the shower stall, YunHo inwardly groaned when yet again JaeJoong's singing voice slipped through the bathroom door. Seemed like another thirty minutes had passed.

“I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy. I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need~” Trying to ignore the cheesy lines, YunHo got dressed in the small bathroom and wondered like so often why the other was infatuated with love songs on such a high level. What was so fascinating about them anyway? They were creating a conception of love that was totally unrealistic. Love was not all fluffy, and totally not filled with rainbows and unicorns. He shivered at the imagination. Perhaps one could think that YunHo was not believing in love and all the romantic things, but that was not true. He was just very realistic compared to JaeJoong, who without doubt was a hopeless romantic fool.

Grumbling under his breath YunHo exited the bathroom and trudged towards his bed to put away his sleeping gowns. He barely could contain his annoyance when JaeJoong not only hummed along the cheesy love song but actually listened to it on his phone whilst washing the dishes.

“Oh for goodness' sake can you please turn that off?” he all but snarled when he waltzed over to the kitchenette and found himself faced with a very astonished JaeJoong.

“Jesus, calm down. It's just a song. You don't have to look at me as if you're going to murder me,” JaeJoong replied when he wiped his hands and turned off the song right after. “I really don't understand why you're always getting so worked up over this,” he further mumbled and continued to wash the dishes.

YunHo blinked a little dumbfounded and ruffled through his hair when he noticed the smallest hint of a pout on JaeJoong's lips. Maybe his tone was a bit too harsh. He sighed when he got hold of a towel and started to dry the washed dishes. “Sorry for that. I didn't mean to raise my voice,” he apologized. JaeJoong barely hummed in recognition when he handed him a wet plate.

An awkward silence surrounded them during their chore, JaeJoong subconsciously starting to hum a soft tune again when YunHo placed the dishes back where they belonged and the raven haired cleaned up the sink.

“Seriously, why are you so obsessed with these songs?” YunHo asked when he closed the cupboard and caught JaeJoong by surprise. A soft hue of red crossed JaeJoong's cheeks when he realized that he had been humming along a song once again.

“I don't know. I just like them,” he muttered after a while and shrugged when he his heels to make his way over to his desk. There was still a report he had to finish by Monday.

YunHo frowned after him. “Why would you like songs that picture love in an unrealistic way?”

JaeJoong raised an eyebrow at him when he settled down onto his chair. “You're not much of a romantic, are you?” he countered and YunHo shrugged with a curt, “Not really.”

JaeJoong eyed him curiously and pursed his lips in thought. “Even if I tried to explain, I doubt you would understand, Grumpy.” With that he turned his full attention to his report and stopped every objection of YunHo by putting on his earphones and plugging them into his phone. YunHo barely huffed and shuffled over to his own desk. Maybe doing some preparations for his lectures wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Much more so that for now he would be spared of loudly blurted love songs.

*****

Half-heartedly YunHo poked at his jjajangmyeon through his chopsticks, sighing with his cheek under his left hand.

“If you poke any further through this formidable meal I will have to consider your death,” ChangMin's outraged voice ripped him out of his thoughts and pulled YunHo back to where he currently was. Which would be the cafeteria during lunch time on jjajangmyeon day – correction, Monday.

“No need to,” he replied, letting go of his chopsticks when he sat back with another sigh. ChangMin eyed him curiously, his gaze wandering from him towards his deserted meal and back by turns.

“I don't know what's on your mind, but if you don't finish that off then,” ChangMin mumbled and before he could even finish his sentence YunHo had already shoved the bowl towards him. Without any other word ChangMin gobbled the fine treat away.

YunHo watched him unmoved, dwelling further on his thoughts. “I wonder if the klutz sings his songs during lectures as well,” he muttered when ChangMin was halfway through his serving.

The latter blinked in confusion, swallowing a share of jjajangmyeon before he replied, “Come again?”

“JaeJoong. I wonder if he's singing those cheesy songs even during lectures.”

ChangMin barely blinked. “Does it matter if he did?”

YunHo furrowed his eyebrows. “Guess not.”

“Then why are you thinking about it?” YunHo could only shrug. He really didn't have a valid answer to that. It had been a passing thought out of nowhere.

“Ah, speaking of the devil,” ChangMin announced and YunHo turned towards the entrance of the cafeteria upon his words. Once setting his eyes onto JaeJoong, the raven haired of course tripped over his feet and crashed nose first into the glass door. A set of amused laughter resounded when JaeJoong rubbed over his nose whilst ensuring his friends that he was all right. YunHo rolled his eyes at him, sighing, and turned his attention back towards ChangMin when the raven haired rushed further through the cafeteria very flustered with a beet red face.

*

In the late afternoon YunHo returned from the library, for once reading something useful while dragging the time, and carried a few borrowed books with him. When he entered the dorm room, he was greeted by JaeJoong's voice, like so often, this time overlapping with a female voice boosting out of the speakers of their television.

“Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place, suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace~” YunHo silently got rid of his shoes, not greeting the other in an attempt to not disturb him. It was true that he found JaeJoong's infatuation with love songs annoying but at the same time he curiously found himself fascinated with the other's voice over the passing months.

Once YunHo stepped into the room itself, JaeJoong abruptly stopped singing along the movie he was watching and buried his nose into his knees. “Hey,” YunHo greeted him, eyebrows furrowed when he wondered how the other was able to sit on his chair with his knees to his chest.

“Hey,” JaeJoong retorted a bit muffled, not lifting his eyes from the movie once. Leaving JaeJoong to his movie, YunHo trudged over to his desk and put down his borrowed books. Whilst grabbing himself a glass of water, JaeJoong tuned down the volume in an attempt to not be of much disturbance to whatever YunHo wanted to work on and couldn't suppress the need to hum along the songs of Moulin Rouge.

A subtle grin stole itself on YunHo's lips when he registered the other subconsciously rubbing his nose. “How's that nose of yours, by the way?”

At that JaeJoong glared at him and frowned at his cheeky grin. “Fine. I just wanted to give it another shape.”

YunHo was tongue-tied and blinked for a good minute at the sharp reply. “Did it work?” he snickered when he sat down at his desk.

“Sure. It's straighter than after a possible nose job.” YunHo didn't notice JaeJoong rolling his eyes at him.

“Why would you need a nose job?” YunHo retorted with astonishment when he flipped through his notes. Flabbergasted that no sharp reply followed, he turned towards JaeJoong and found the other staring at him. In the split of a second JaeJoong turned his attention back towards his movie without another word and buried his nose back into his knees. Confused YunHo turned back towards his books as well. He really didn't know what to make of the crimson hue that had crossed JaeJoong's cheeks.

*****

The small café of the campus was stuffed with students on a sunny afternoon, most of them enjoying the self made chocolate cake and a nice cup of coffee or tea. The volume inside was probably not the best to work on a project but YunHo and ChangMin tried anyway.

“Do you know if JaeJoong is in a relationship?” ChangMin choked on a piece of his chocolate cake at the very sudden question that was totally out of context.

Coughing he quickly grabbed his glass of water and gulped half of it down in an attempt to not choke on a crumb. “What?” he croaked when he held onto his heaving chest and stared flabbergasted at YunHo with tears gathered in the corners of his eyes.

“I was wondering if he is in a relationship. Might be an explanation why he's so infatuated with cheesy love songs,” YunHo mused a little forlorn and munched on his own chocolate cake.

ChangMin ogled YunHo intently. “Are you sure that you're annoyed at JaeJoong and his antics and don't mistake it for infatuation?”

YunHo blinked confused at him when he dwelled on ChangMin's words. He snorted right after. “Don't be ridiculous.”

“Well, excuse me, but I'm not the one wondering about the love life of my annoying roommate,” ChangMin retorted and crossed his arms when he leaned back in his seat.

YunHo shrugged and leaned back as well. “I am just curious. Is that a crime?”

ChangMin narrowed his eyes. “Perhaps not. If you're simply curious about JaeJoong's love life, you could just ask him. You know him better than I do, which is not at all.” With that ChangMin was done with the topic. He really had to consider whether YunHo was about to lose his mind.

*

Following ChangMin's suggestion, and totally ignoring the undertone that had latched the taller's voice, YunHo decided to simply go with his curiosity and ask JaeJoong about the possible origin of his infatuation with love songs and whether the raven haired liked someone or not. Thinking about it he didn't even know about the other's ual orientation. Well, not that he mentioned his own homouality either.

Reaching his dorm room, YunHo was greeted by JaeJoong's singing voice and, like so often, the smell of something fine being cooked.

“I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go of all I've held onto~” YunHo rounded a corner and of course found JaeJoong in the kitchenette.

“Hi there,” he greeted him and gained a quick “Hi” as a reply.

“What's for dinner today?” Sniffing the air he leaned over JaeJoong's shoulder and peeked into the pot on the stove. Seemed like kimchi jjigae was on the menu.

JaeJoong shifted a bit aside and turned at YunHo with a raised eyebrow. “Who said I share some of it with you?” Flabbergasted YunHo couldn't think of a smart reply and simply stared at JaeJoong. The raven haired snickered. “You should see your face, Grumpy. Do you actually think I eat all of this myself?”

Clicking his tongue at JaeJoong's mocking tone YunHo retrieved from his spot and walked over to the cupboard. “For all I know, you could've invited your girlfriend over for dinner.”

JaeJoong stopped stirring the stew midway and blinked at YunHo. “Who gave you the idea that I have a girlfriend? Let alone that I fancy girls at all?”

YunHo pondered. Seemed like the question of JaeJoong's uality was answered. He cleared his throat and put down two bowls. “I was just wondering whether a relationship was the origin of your infatuation with love songs.”

JaeJoong furrowed his eyebrows. “I am not in a relationship, but really, why would you wonder about my love life like this? It's not like it is any of your business whether I like someone or not, is it?”

“I was just curious.” YunHo shrugged and continued to set the table. “So, is there a guy I have to thank for your infatuation with love songs?” Surprised YunHo's eyes went wide when he eyed the raven haired and found him flushed deep red.

“Like I said, it's none of your business,” JaeJoong all but stammered and stayed tight-lipped whilst finishing their dinner. And to YunHo's surprise he stayed tight-lipped for the remains of the evening. Seemed like he had hit a nerve.

*****

After the quite awkward interrogation about JaeJoong's love life, as YunHo had realized a little bit too late, YunHo slowly but surely registered that something was amiss. He couldn't really pinpoint it. Well, he noticed JaeJoong being not as snarky as before, and to his surprise he stayed very tight-lipped and barely spoke a word with him. Perhaps he really had gone too far and should apologize to the raven haired. Curiously though it was JaeJoong now who more than once seemed to be dragging the time to come home. In the past week it had been YunHo who had come home to their dorm room first.

“Wow, if you're not the resemblance of an iceberg than I don't know what is,” ChangMin commented once when they met for another study round in the library.

YunHo frowned. “What's that supposed to mean?” he all but snarled and facepalmed at ChangMin's eyebrow raised on a sceptical level.

“Aren't you irritated,” the lanky youth deadpanned and YunHo sighed. That really hit a nerve. “Let me guess. JaeJoong is still avoiding you after your very successful inquisition of his love life. Correction. Not successful.” That hit even deeper.

“Man I feel so low. I don't even know how to apologize, let alone what I should say to him for that matter,” YunHo sighed and let his head drop on the table. ChangMin eyed him intently and figured that instead of studying YunHo was in need of a therapy.

“You could be honest, you know. Say him that you're a very unromantic douche. I'm sure he'll understand.”

YunHo glared at him. “Very helpful, ChangMin.” The other shrugged. “Maybe you should think about what actually irritates you about JaeJoong avoiding you. If you realize that you might as well find a way to apologize,” he suggested and YunHo scrunched his nose.

“Well, if you haven't figured, I don't know what irritates me about this. I mean his sense of humour has always been weird to say the least and it shouldn't be irritating that his babbling mouth is shut all the time. For goodness' sake he not even once has sung-” YunHo halted abruptly when it hit him. By the look of ChangMin's mocking grin even the other had realized what was actually irritating YunHo the most. JaeJoong had stopped singing his love songs. Of all the annoying antics of the raven haired YunHo actually missed the cheesy love songs blurted through their shared room.

The bang was loud when YunHo's head hit the desk. He didn't mind the bump he probably would have afterwards nor ChangMin's patting of his hair. He could already picture JaeJoong's amused laughter when he was about to admit that he missed the other singing his stupid love songs.

*

YunHo really hoped that he would be spared of his awkward apology another day or two, but to his luck, of course, he encountered JaeJoong once entering their dorm room. The raven haired stared wide eyed at him, probably just as surprised as he was, and quickly rummaged through their sleeping quarters.

“I was just about to leave,” he stammered and YunHo had to take a deep breath. Seemed like it was now or never.

“Can we have a talk?” he simply asked and JaeJoong halted midway. He didn't reply and simply cocked his head. YunHo gulped. “About that evening.” JaeJoong flinched and cast his eyes to the ground.

“What about it?” he simply replied and YunHo ran his palm over the nape of his neck.

“I, uhm, owe you an apology.” This had JaeJoong looking at him in utmost surprise. “I didn't mean to invade your privacy like that.” YunHo slightly bowed with that and didn't notice JaeJoong blinking furiously at him before a small smile stretched over his lips.

“In all honesty, your curiosity in that matter was just as annoying as my sister's when I had had a crush on one of her guy friends in second grade,” JaeJoong snickered and YunHo rose with a groan.

“Great, now I'm a childish fool on the level of a second grader.”

“Third grader.”

“Does it make a difference?”

“Not really. It's funny either way.” JaeJoong laughed softly and YunHo found it very relieving. It seemed like they were getting back to a good level. “I guess I have to apologize as well,” JaeJoong suddenly announced and YunHo stared flabbergasted at him.

“Why would you have to apologize? It's not like you were a douche.”

“Wow, what a level of self-assessment.”

“Shut up.” YunHo could already feel the vein on his injured forehead popping. For a moment he wondered whether he really wanted the snarky JaeJoong infatuated with love songs back.

“If I did you wouldn't be blessed with my apology.” YunHo sighed defeated and pinched the back of his nose when he motioned for JaeJoong to just finally get over with it. “No, really. I'm sorry that I avoided you on such an obvious level. Are we even?”

YunHo intently eyed JaeJoong and his outstretched hand. “We're even,” he muttered and got hold of JaeJoong's palm to shake it.

“I promise though to spare you of the love songs,” JaeJoong awkwardly laughed and pulled back his hand. YunHo gulped. Now it really had come to this.

“No need to,” he barely whispered and by the questioning look on JaeJoong's face, the latter didn't catch his words. “Come again?”

YunHo cleared his throat and quickly looked away. “There's no need to.” He missed the amused grin tugging on JaeJoong's lips, not the snicker that followed though.

“Are you telling me that you actually want me to continue with the love songs?” Seriously, why did JaeJoong have to be such a mocking weirdo? YunHo stayed tight-lipped. He couldn't say it straight to JaeJoong's face that he had missed his singing voice. Neither JaeJoong nor ChangMin would ever let him forget about it.

“Fine, you don't have to admit it.” JaeJoong's lips were pursed when YunHo dared to look at him. A wide grin followed when the raven haired skipped past him. “You don't mind if I hog the bathtub, do you?”

YunHo groaned. Back to the old habits, it seemed. He inwardly smiled when the rushing of water was soon accompanied by JaeJoong's singing voice. “When I think about you, I think about how. I agonize about you all day~”

*****

Once everything was back to how it used to be, ChangMin of course wouldn't spare YunHo of a snide comment here and there. Let alone JaeJoong who rubbed it under his nose whenever he frowned at him for starting on yet another love song. By now he had grown very accustomed to the love songs without getting irritated every time.

“I don't mind showing for you, I reveal everything to you~” JaeJoong softly sung when YunHo returned from the library and after exchanging quick greetings the raven haired continued humming his song whilst snipping swiftly on some vegetables. Astonished YunHo eyed the quick movements of JaeJoong's hands.

“I was wondering-” he started and quickly got interrupted.

“I hope not about my love life, again.”

YunHo groaned. “No, silly. Something else.” He bumped JaeJoong's head with his knuckles.

JaeJoong hummed in response. “So, what is hogging your mind this time?” Instead of answering YunHo got hold of JaeJoong's hands once the sharp knife had been put down and intently eyed the other's fingers. “What are you doing?” JaeJoong softly protested when he tried to pull his hands away.

“I've always been wondering how a klutz like you still has all his fingers,” YunHo mumbled when he closely eyed JaeJoong's fingers. He inspected every single one. “There's not even a single scratch,” he muttered fascinated and was pulled from his daze when JaeJoong quickly retrieved his hands.

JaeJoong's face was coloured a dark crimson and YunHo barely blinked when the other stumbled backwards. “Even a klutz can cook, you know?” JaeJoong stammered and quickly excused himself when he rushed to the bathroom.

YunHo was left behind, more than flabbergasted, and stared at his hands. Absentmindedly he circled his fingertips with his thumb. Had JaeJoong's skin always been so soft? He probably was just imagining things.

*

ChangMin blankly stared at YunHo when the latter had elaborated his newest discovery. Which not only was JaeJoong's strangely soft skin, but the raven haired's possible infatuation with him.

“ChangMin, seriously. What am I supposed to do?” YunHo all but begged for the other's advice when ChangMin hadn't replied to his elaboration for the last ten minutes. ChangMin simply blinked at him.

“Are you stupid?” was his reply finally and YunHo was about to slap him.

“Honestly, ChangMin. After all the things I put out to you this is all you have to say? Way to go for the self-proclaimed wisest on campus,” he growled and sat back on his chair with his arms crossed along his chest.

ChangMin continued to blink at him. “You really are stupid.”

YunHo sighed. “We had that already.”

“Seriously, YunHo. Are you that slow on the uptake or do you want to convince me that you're the densest fool that walks the earth?” When YunHo just blankly looked back at him ChangMin sighed and facepalmed heavily. “Jesus, you obviously like him as well.”

YunHo scrunched his nose. “That's ridiculous.”

ChangMin sighed. “You're so in denial it's not even funny anymore. Honestly, what other evidences do you need? The things you find annoying about him are the same you miss when he's not around, you're comparing the formidable campus lunch to his everytime.”

“I do not!” YunHo interjected and shut his mouth immediately afterwards when ChangMin glared at him for interrupting his speech.

“You do, you just never realized it. And on top of it, I bet you're the only one who could write an essay on the softness of JaeJoong's skin.” YunHo didn't dare to say another word after that. Instead he reflected on ChangMin's words. “Think about it, it'd definitely make me less worried about your sanity. Not to mention mine as well.” YunHo slapped his arm at the snarky comment and smug grin.

*

Later that evening YunHo returned to the dorm room when it was already dark outside. He had been walking around, dwelling on ChangMin's former words and had come to the conclusion that maybe he indeed had fallen for the klutz infatuated with love songs.

When he finally entered the dorm room, light was still shed in the sleeping quarters and JaeJoong's voice was hollering from the bathroom. He inwardly smiled when he got rid of his shoes.

“I love you, the foolish you, you're so precious to me~” was loudly blurted when the bathroom door swung open and JaeJoong literally danced out of it. YunHo snickered softly, his presence still unknown to the raven haired who was only dressed in a towel and hair still wet.

“Someone's in a merry mood,” he laughed and caught JaeJoong by such surprise that the latter stumbled over his feet and literally crashed into him. They fell onto the ground in a heap of limbs.

“Sorry,” JaeJoong sheepishly replied when he lifted himself a bit up and stared down at YunHo. “I, uhm, better get off,” he mumbled, a hue of red lingering on his cheeks.

“Uh, sure,” YunHo muttered and registered a drop of water pearling over JaeJoong's cheek. Absentmindedly he traced it with his finger and found himself drowning in pools of dark brown. “Or maybe not,” he whispered when he gave in to the urge and lifted his head a tad to brush his lips over JaeJoong's. The kiss was light and subtle, neither of them breaking away when minute after minute was passing by.

JaeJoong was the first to finally pull back, eyes hooded and breath intermittent. His tongue slipped over his swollen lips, followed by YunHo's hooded eyes. “I always thought you don't like me,” he whispered, leaning against YunHo's palm that had wandered onto his cheek.

YunHo mused at that and thumbed over JaeJoong's cheek. “Your antics somehow took over my heart. Are you sure you didn't put a spell on me?”

“Ah, you got me. My love songs were crowned with success,” JaeJoong replied with a cheeky grin and bit his bottom lip.

“I knew it,” YunHo laughed heartily before he pulled JaeJoong down for yet another kiss.

*****

One fine Saturday afternoon YunHo and JaeJoong lay cuddling on YunHo's bed and watched a romantic movie. It still weren't YunHo's favourites, like the love songs, but by now he found them less annoying when JaeJoong was with him.

“Love is in the air everywhere I look around~” JaeJoong sang along the song when the credits were running through and buried his cheek further against YunHo's chest.

“I won't have a chance to watch anything else with you that is not a romance, will I?” YunHo wondered and fiddled absentmindedly with a strand of JaeJoong's hair.

The latter shook his head. “Unless you want to see me cry then no,” he replied with a cheeky grin and stared up at YunHo.

“Hm,” YunHo mused, “sounds very tempting.”

JaeJoong slapped his chest in mocked anger with very amused laughter. “You're a douche, Grumpy.” They kept mocking each other a little while longer, a simple kiss shared in between when they enjoyed their togetherness.

“You know, I could get used to Grumpy,” YunHo mused and flicked JaeJoong's nose when the latter snickered. Under laughter the two rolled over the mattress until JaeJoong was buried under YunHo.

A little breathless JaeJoong wounded his arms around YunHo's neck. “I love you, Grumpy,” he whispered, a wide smile spreading over his lips when YunHo leaned down.

“I love you, too, Clumsy.”

 

 

end.

 

Love Songs JaeJoong is randomly singing pretty much every thirty minutes:

01: Pop! Goes my Heart – Hugh Grant @ Music and Lyrics

02: Under your Spell – Amber Benson @ Buffy – The Vampire Slayer (S06E07Once More, with Feeling)

03: Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden

04: Come What May – Nicole Kidman & Ewan McGregor @ Moulin Rouge

05: Hanging by a Moment – Lifehouse

06: Love Line – TVXQ

07: Reveal – Roxette

08: Picture of You – TVXQ

09: Love is in the Air – John Paul Young