Banana milk

Word Mate. (Banana Milk)

Just random Idek LOL Sick day One shot XD

 

 

Word Mate

 

Every person wakes up on their 18th Birthday, with the first words their soulmate will say when they meet them. Many people had a greeting. Others had questions. Some unlucky few had insults. But Minho had the most random of words saying 'Banana Milk'.

 

It was such a random statement. Minho had waited his whole childhood and teenage life for this one moment. Hours before his 18th he had sat looking at his arms and waited. As the clock struck 12 Minho smiled as it grew on his arm. But it faltered as the words stood proud.

 

Banana milk.

 

Minho would then walk around near shops wondering if that was where he could meet such a important person. He had leverage with it being so random. Many people had greetings like Hey, Hi, Hello. And every greeting would be spend with them checking their arms to see if the dark marking had faded. Minho even started buying the drink as seeing it written on his arm made him want to drink it. He also spent years thinking about what question he could ask for his soul mate to say such words. What words would he say that would be written on his soulmate right now. He thought of being a bartender. But he was involved in sports and such surroundings were not healthy for the lifestyle he had.

 

He was now 25 and had just started working at a sports centre, a place he had attended the GYM for the last 7 years, He encountered many people everyday. He was currently on reception duties. Greeting and welcoming and taking payment of the visiting and regular customers. Thought right now he was ticking off items that the latest parcel had brought in.

 

The words of his soul mate were so random that he knew full well he could never meet them here. Today his work friend also on the desk Jinki, lit up at the sight of his favourite customer entering, it was his soul mate and their meeting had been rather hilarious.

 

For 6 years Jinki had the words ‘Pika boo’ on his arm.

 

He went crazy thinking his soul mate must have met him when he was a baby. And he no idea who and probably missed the opportunity to ever meet them again. But thankfully on a late night jog in the park. He heard a noise. And jumped when a man appeared out of nowhere shouting ‘PIKA BOO’ While dressed in a toddler outfit. It was a setup prank for a friend and the man had mistaken Jinki as him.

 

Jinki’s reply had been the words. ‘Just what in the name of all things crazy do you think you are doing!’ and the male had began laughing, before showing his arm with those words practically covering his arm and shouting ‘SOUL MATE!’

 

‘Jonghyun!’ Jinki squealed happily. He bounced on his feet like an excited child.

 

‘Way to be cool man’ Minho laughed, ticking off some item numbers, as the male leaned into the desk to greet his soul mate with a strange hand shake. Jonghyun grins over at the male, behind him is a new friend.

 

‘Are you gonna be watching me through the glass again?’ Jonghyun grins pulling off his jacket to show his very tight fitted GYM vest. His defined muscles making Jinki gulp.

 

‘I can’t today...busy on here’. He pouts

 

‘I guess I’ll have to stretch on my toilet breaks then wont I?’

 

Jinki grins. ‘Please do, i’ll be on watch from here till 5pm’. He takes ship card and swipes it, allowing Jonghyun to pass through. The male grins as he puts the card away. And walks through the small push gate.

 

Jonghyun then turns to his friend behind who is ready to pay for a new membership. ‘I’m getting a drink first Tae. Want anything?’

 

‘Banana milk?’ The male says.

 

Minho who had taken a sip from his water bottle chokes on it and heaves his next few breaths.

 

‘What did you just say?’ Jinki asks him, and pats Minho on the back in attempt to help his choking. The male points to himself. And Minho nods locking eyes with him to repeat it.

 

‘Banana milk.’

 

‘Banana Milk!’ Minho repeats to him heaving deeply and looking him over. ‘Banana Milk...My soulmate's first words are Banana milk’.

 

The males laughs ‘Really? So is mine...how funny is that?...OH!’

 

He slaps a hand over his mouth then looks at his arm and as expected the marking of the words have changed. It’s faded into a faint birthmark. Minho is looking at his too. He’s sorta embarrassed, this was not how he ever hoped this day would be.

 

‘That’s where the Banana milk comment comes from!’ Jonghyun is howling. Jinki laughing also. He points to his friend. ‘Taemin he is your Banana milk soulmate haha aha aaha’.

 

Taemin sighs, he looks at Minho. ‘Well I guess....Hi?’ He laughs nervously.

 

Minho stands up and closes his eyes ‘I need a Minute’. And rushes to the toilets to have a moment to take this all in.

 

He returns after a few moments. But Jonghyun and his friend...correction his soulmate have gone. He sits back behind the desk and Jinki slides a piece of paper over. Minho picks it up and reads the little note after the number.

 

Maybe we can meet up sometime for anything but Banana milk. Taemin.

 

Minho smiles slipping out his phone and adding the number. He responds.

 

After watching Jonghyun do unnecessary lunges to and from the toilets, he and Taemin are finally leaving. Jinki waves him goodbye and Minho gives a small salute to Taemin who seems to be blushing before he glances at the message on his phone. He looks up and nods.

 

‘See you later Minho’.

 

‘See you later Taemin’.

 

Jinki is curious and moves closer to Minho ‘Sooooo what did you send?’

 

Minho turns the phone to Jinki.

 

Since Banana milk brought us together, it’s only right that we have some on the first date...i’m thinking 8pm tonight?






 

 

 

 

Yeah I know it’s not on of my best. I’ve been fighting a cold flu all day and this is all my brain can muster XD

Thanks for reading and leave a comment if you like XD