Buckle your heart, be ready to fly

Buckle your heart, be ready to fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

x

 

 

 

It’s a lovely weekend morning for the students of Hogwarts, the sun is shining brightly ahead - not too hot, and not too bright. The wind blows refreshingly to those who were by the grounds who decided to enjoy it.

 

Even Baekhyun came out of his room to enjoy it. Baekhyun was even humming a little ‘Three Witches’ song to himself lightly in happiness. He sat underneath a tree near the lake where he can see some students taking a dip or playing by the sides, he had his book on his lap and specs perched on his nose, all set to spend the rest of this wonderful day reading.

 

With his fifth year at Hogwarts just starting, Baekhyun has a lot to do; prepare for his OWLs later this year, acing his subjects and choosing the perfect future career for himself. Being a Ravenclaw sets up a lot of high expectations, not just for himself but also from his professors. Notwithstanding being a top student, the pressure of this year for him was through the roof.

 

Therefore, this chance to relax was rare. Before the deadlines start rolling in, a leisure time like this was something Baekhyun wants to enjoy to its fullest.

 

 

 

“This is rare of you, Byun.” Luhan said while lowering himself to sit beside him, a novel also clutched in his hand. “Studying outside the library and our dormitory for once? Never seen that in all the years I’ve known you.”

 

“Don’t be so dramatic Luhan. Besides, I won’t even be studying.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his friend’s overdramatic statement, chuckling when he glared at him for the remark. “Sometimes I like the outside world too. And do some light reading.” He grinned right after.

 

Baekhyun and Luhan started laughing at this, as it was always the latter’s joke that Baekhyun doesn’t like the sun. Sometimes asking if he’s a vampire and not really a wizard, with the latter fighting back that he could be both. They were both accustomed to spending their free time at the library, reading and studying.

 

Baekhyun actually thought Luhan would reject his offer to go with him outside. That was until he heard the roar of laughter coming from the lake’s direction that got the attention of the both of them. And pretty much all of the students present in the vicinity too.

 

Once Baekhyun saw who the source of the noise were, he turns to his friend with eyebrows raised. “Now I see why you decided to join me here.” Baekhyun teased the already blushing Luhan who tries to avert his attention immediately by opening his book.

 

Shu..t up, Baekhyun! Go r-read your book," Luhan stuttered, much to Baekhyun’s amusement but nevertheless followed his friend.

 

Baekhyun smiled, finding his friend’s not-so-little crush with that certain student entertaining even if he fails to understand the reason why.

 

Anyway, he has a book to read, and now is the perfect time to start on it. So, ignoring the world around him, Baekhyun opens his book to start.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

All was going well until Baekhyun heard a high-pitched shriek from his friend by his side that he, like the good friend that he is, ignores thinking it was only because of the book he’s been reading.

 

 

 


  “Oh my god! Baek!”

 


  “Baek!!!”

 


  “Oh for Merlin’s sake, Baekhyun!”

 

 

 

Although Baekhyun may have heard the constant shrieking of his best friend, it isn’t stated in their friendship contract that he would need to abandon a perfectly good book in order to attend to the other’s whims. And so, as he’d perfected the act of ignoring said friend, and everyone else for that matter, he just buries his nose deeper into the pages of his book.

 

Until the shrieking and shaking - yes, he was being shaken on top of having his ears blown off – became too much did he finally close his book and give the other his attention. He should’ve known Luhan’s earlier shy demeanour was just the calm before the storm.

 

Having those people present always has this effect on Luhan. It’s cute but sometimes annoying too.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asks his friend who busy spazzing uncontrollably beside him. Gone was the calm and collected Luhan that was with him when they first arrived by the lake.

 

If there’s anything Baekhyun hates the most in this world, it’s when his very rare pleasure reading time was disturbed. He would always be focused on his homeworks and being ahead of his classmates that he usually doesn’t have any time left for leisure reading. This is a once in a blue moon opportunity that his friend is ruining with his uncontrollable shaking and giggling.

 

He’s reading “Romeo and Juliet,” a book by a very famous muggle author named Shakespeare and he’s quite getting entertained with it until his bubble of concentration was broken.  It was about to be exciting too, with the two characters planning to run away together. Albeit stupid, in Baekhyun’s most humble opinion, it was still exciting. Baekhyun was more of a brain-over-emotions kind of guy.

 

 

 

Obviously his best friend didn’t share the sentiment though.

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, don’t ignore me~” Luhan whined loudly once again. Luhan, for all his ‘manliness’ that he likes to proclaim, always acts like a giggly and annoying teenager whenever his crush is around.

 

“You already had my attention for the past two minutes Luhan.” Baekhyun sighed exasperatedly. He needs to brace himself for what’s coming.

 

“Oh.” Luhan said, giving him a shy guilty smile. Baekhyun chuckled at his friend’s look, marking what page he was in before closing the book and putting it aside to give Luhan his full attention. “Now, what is it?” He may be sassy, but he still loves his friends.

 

“Look to your right, Baek.” Luhan says, cheekily smiling at him before breaking eye contact and looking at the direction he told Baekhyun to look at.

 

Baekhyun followed Luhan’s order and sees two boys, goofing around with each other. The same ones they’ve already seen earlier, the only difference is that they’ve discarded their robes and are now only in wet well-fitting shirts and way too tight jeans.

 


 
    The first one with his signature fiery red hair who kept on trying to drag his blond, always poker-faced friend with him to the water. Oh, Baekhyun sighed internally. He knew them all too well, who doesn’t know them even, but doesn’t necessarily like them.
 

 


 
    Park Chanyeol and Oh Sehun, well-liked by almost the entire Hogwarts population; students, professors and even by the magical creatures. Almost, because Baekhyun was and always will be the exception to this. Their presence rather annoys him to no end. The red-haired one being Chanyeol and the blond being Sehun.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun could only just raise his eyebrow once he realized what his friend means when he asked for his attention. He exhales slowly before muttering, “Luhan.”
 

 


 
    “I know, I know. But look at them, Baek! Aren’t they just so handsome?” Luhan says in a dreamy voice (probably the effect of those wet shirts), making Baekhyun want to shudder in mild disgust but he won’t because as much he is annoyed by his best friend, he still loves him despite really questionable tastes in men.
 

 


 
    Therefore, Baekhyun looked back at the two to humor his friend; now with the red-haired one finally able to drag the other to the water completely. “Well, they both look...wet? And incredibly stupid with those antics. I hope the giant octopus drags them down.”
 

 


 
    Dumb idiots, that’s what they are. 
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    “Baekhyun!” Luhan exclaimed, clearly affronted by his statement. “Don’t be mean.”
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    They’re like celebrities walking the halls of Hogwarts. Chanyeol and Sehun, along with their friends from their clique, were all members of the Slytherin quidditch team and if Luhan has been right with his “unbiased” forecast, is on their way to making their house this year’s champion (even if the games haven’t even started yet).
 

 


 
    A concept Baekhyun really doesn’t understand as he’s never been a fan of quidditch in all his life. Truth is, Baekhyun is just scared of flying and that also includes everything that involves this. If he can’t do something, he’s bound to hate it, such is the cycle of life.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    Chanyeol is the Slytherin seeker and captain, and the best in their history, according to Luhan too. He may be not your best student but he’s also not the worst, not to mention how he easily charms his classmates and professors.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    Which made Baekhyun dislike him all the more, easily getting away with homework all with just a simple smile and a, “practice ran quite late last night professor, can I have an extension?” and he gets away with it. Bloody bollocks, that’s what that was.
 

 


 
    The other one was his best friend, Sehun, Luhan’s crush of two years and running now. He’s pretty well known to be cold, always having his poker face on and haven’t shown any romantic interests so far. Heck, he hasn't shown any emotions yet (a feat Baekhyun was actually jealous of). Which left Baekhyun to believe Luhan’s romantic feelings might not be reciprocated.
 

 


 
    Another reason why Baekhyun doesn’t understand his best friend’s crush on one of them was because their presence never fail to make other students simultaneously erupt into giggles and some kind of horrendous shrieking while throwing the two of them looks.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun noticed because every time he’s on the same room he gets disturbed by the noise. His once perfect concentration always disrupted because of the unbelievable noise it created.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    Baekhyun may not like it, but the rest of the student body does. They’re not only fans of the game but also of the team members of which these three are at the top.
 

 


 
    While the two of them play roughhousing by the edge of the lake, students that were also enjoying the rare sunny day were watching them. Boys and girls, alike. All with those moony, infatuated looks on their faces, Luhan included.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun sighed.  “I will never understand what you see in Sehun.”
 

 


 
    “What do you not see in him? He’s handsome, tall, good at his studies and plays as the best beater in Hogwarts quidditch history?!” Luhan defends, affronted of what Baekhyun just said.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun’s never understood his fascination with Sehun, maybe because of his dislike of Park Chanyeol. In Luhan’s most humble opinion, he just thinks that Baekhyun may have had some little crush on the taller but, it’s just him. Maybe it’s just him trying to inject some kind of emotion on his bookworm friend.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun rolled his eyes once again at the silliness of his friend and looks back at the two. Now they’re already joined by some more of their friends; Jongin, Slytherin’s chaser and his boyfriend, Gryffindor’s prefect Kyungsoo. Jongin readily joined the duo play in the water while Kyungsoo stayed behind shaking his head at their antics. At least someone from their clique knows how to behave, Baekhyun thinks.
 

 


 
    “Do you see it now Baek?” Luhan swooned. “Look at them, their group is just so... visually blessed.”
 

 


 
    “I-” Baekhyun was about to reply when his friend suddenly shrieked like a little girl. He looks at Luhan and saw him blushing and hiding his face behind his palms before shyly waving at someone. Baekhyun looked to the direction his friend is waving at and sees Sehun looking at their direction too.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun watched how Sehun’s friends noticed it and started to taunt him about it. Sehun gets flustered and started to say something to them which they all just giggled at in response.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun was observing the exchange when he looked up and his eyes met that of Chanyeol’s. They held the eye contact for a few seconds, Chanyeol’s eyes showing confusion and intrigue and another emotion Baekhyun can’t put a label on, before he looked away and joined his friends once again.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun shook his head. “I will never understand you, Luhan.”
 

 


 
    They spent the rest of the day just sitting by the lake, Luhan stopped being giddy once Sehun and his friends left a little over an hour after he waved at him. Baekhyun resumed reading his book but somehow, honey almond eyes kept on appearing on his mind, replaying the moment their eyes met over and over.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    *
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    “Don’t forget our review later, Luhan. Eight pm at the library, don’t be late, okay?” Baekhyun said once he sat down the great hall, hands busy filling up his plate. Roast chicken with mashed potato and peas, with some strawberry shortcake for dessert. Not bad, he thought before shoving the first forkful of chicken to his mouth.
 

 


 
    When Luhan hasn’t replied to him yet Baekhyun looked at him but Luhan was avoiding his eyes. “What’s wrong?”
 

 


 
    “Umm.. you see, Baek..” Luhan stalled.
 

 


 
    “What, Luhan? Say it.” Baekhyun was getting suspicious of this behavior. Luhan being quiet like this was not a normal behavior.
 

 


 
    “You… see… Baek.” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, waiting. “They have a practice today….”
 

 


 
    “And?”
 

 


 
    “I kinda promised Jongdae I’ll go with him?” Luhan was whispering towards the end, looking down in guilt. Baekhyun scoffed. Right. At least his friend had it in him to feel guilty over this, but not guilty enough to choose him over his crush.
 

 


 
    “Jongdae asked you? Or you asked him?” Was the reply. Baekhyun went back to his plate and started eating it a little bit aggressively; silverware banging a little too loudly on the plate, and food shoved a little bit hurriedly to his mouth before being chewed noisily. Table manners be damned, he’s mad right now.
 

 


 
    “I’m sorry, Baekhyun. Please forgive me just this once.” Luhan whined while clinging to him. “I promise this won’t happen again and I won’t forget any of our plans ever again.” Luhan pleads, putting his right palm up as a promise gesture before crossing his heart.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun tried to maintain his cold stare to his friend but ultimately melts after being subjected to Luhan’s lethal pout and puppy eyes. He released the breath he was holding before giving up to his friend’s antics. “Seriously, Luhan, what would I do with you?”
 

 


 
    Luhan immediately hugs him tight while shrieking in glee. “Thank you, Baek! I promise I will make it up to you!”
 

 


 
    “You better, exams are coming up Luhan. You know I need my study buddy to ace this.” It’s now Baekhyun’s turn to pout. Luhan laughed and pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks, “You are so cute, Baek!”
 

 


 
    Baekhyun struggled a bit before he was able to escape his friend’s grip. “You and your Sehun.” He says with a condescending tone, but his eyes say a different matter. He knows how much this will mean to his friend so he’ll let it go.
 

 


 
    “I kinda like the sound of that! Me and my Sehun.” Luhan told Baekhyun before breaking into giggles after. Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh at this behavior before shaking his head.
 

 


 
    The feeling of someone’s gaze on him made Baekhyun turn his head. He ended up meeting Chanyeol’s eyes once again who seems to have an intent look on his gaze. Chanyeol looks away immediately and joined his friends’ banter like nothing happened. Baekhyun suddenly feels warm after meeting those almond shaped eyes that’s been haunting his dreams lately.
 

 


 
    He shook his head and focuses back on eating.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    *
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    “Ergh.” Jongdae groaned, disturbing Baekhyun’s concentration who was sitting beside him in the library. “How do you do it, Baekhyun?”
 

 


 
    Baekhyun just hummed as an answer, clearly not paying attention. This just made Jongdae whine more, like a child that he is deep inside. “What, Jongdae?”
 

 


 
    Luhan and Jongdae always had this special talent of always disturbing him when he’s studying. Why did he end up being friends with these two, Baekhyun thinks to himself.
 

 


 
    “Now I understand how Luhan feels when you ignore him for your books.” Jongdae fake cried while turning his back on Baekhyun. The other tried to touch his shoulders but Jongdae just shrugs his arm off making him snort in return.
 

 


 
    “When did I even ignore Luhan? You should stop spreading lies, you know.”
 

 


 
    “Are you saying you weren’t ignoring me earlier? Every time you get a hold of your books, you just forget about everything else, even the existence of your very charming best friend.”
 

 


 
    Baekhyun couldn’t help himself from bursting out in laughter at his friend’s silliness. Too loud that some of the other Ravenclaw students in the library turned to glare at them. “Sorry.” Baekhyun mumbles, looking down in shame. Jongdae laughed at this silliness and started to settle down beside his friend, pulling out his notes and books and putting it to the table.
 

 


 
    “Don’t you laugh, this is your fault.” Baekhyun whispered to his friend, afraid to be on the receiving end of those lethal glares once again.
 

 


 
    “How is it my fault?” Jongdae answered back, trying to stop his snickering but ultimately failing in the end. Baekhyun glared at him until he stopped. “Anyway, where is Luhan right now?”
 

 


 
    “I don’t know, shouldn’t you be with him?” Was Baekhyun’s response. Before realizing what his answer just implied.
 

 


 
    “Is that your way of telling me I’m his babysitter---oh!”
 

 


 
    “What?” Baekhyun asks, confused. “Oh! He’s watching them practice again isn’t he?”
 

 


 
    “Hmm-mm, probably.”
 

 


 
    “I don’t get what Luhan sees in Sehun, or any of the members of the quidditch team anyway?” Jongdae bursted into laughter at this friend’s statement. Baekhyun docked when Jongdae reached out to ruffle his hair. “Stop doing that, I’m not a child.”
 

 


 
    “No, you’re not. You’re a puppy.” Baekhyun kicked Jongdae underneath the table. “Ow!” Jongdae whined, rubbing his shin, and pouting at Baekhyun.
 

 


 
    “It’s really funny how you hate them when they haven’t even done anything to you.” Jongdae states.
 

 


 
    “I don’t hate them, I just don’t care at all.”
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    *
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    Students were milling around the classroom, playing around with their friends while waiting for their professor. Baekhyun, Jongdae and Luhan are at their usual spot at the second row.
 

 


 
    Close enough to hear the lessons but not as close as to be labeled as ‘nerds’. Although being Ravenclaws automatically have them labeled as such. But with OWLs just around the corner, Baekhyun sure doesn’t care about labels.
 

 


 
    “Okay, class settle down, please.” Professor Kim Junmyeon put down his bag on the teacher’s table before tapping his wand twice to get the projector going. Everyone settled down and focused on their lesson for the day: today it’s a review on werewolves. Defense Against the Dark Arts in their fifth year was basically a review of all other lessons they had for the past four years.
 

 


 
    As Professor Junmyeon starts his lesson on werewolves, Baekhyun busily took down notes totally ignoring whatever was happening around him. As Professor Kim’s lesson drone on around them, Baekhyun can hear Luhan and Jongdae exchange whispers to each other. He’s curious but Baekhyun bet they would tell him after class, anyway.
 

 


 
    After writing down all his notes, enough for his review later, he rolled up his parchment and closes his ink. Satisfied, Baekhyun looked up smiling, until he met another pair of eyes looking right at him. Chocolate brown orbs met his own before looking away.
 

 


 
    He’s been catching those same eyes looking his way for days now. To say Baekhyun was confused is an understatement. He’s been observing Chanyeol looking at his way a couple of times already since the incident at the lake. They haven’t actually talked or interacted ever in their four years - now five - of studying in Hogwarts.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol easily blended in again with his crowd. Successfully joining the conversations of his friends as if he wasn’t distracted a few seconds ago. Baekhyun’s eyebrow went up as his friends failed to notice that strange behaviour of their friend. A few weeks in and he’s caught Chanyeol doing that for a few times during classes they’ve shared and even when they were at the great hall.
 

 


 
    He shrugged it off. Maybe Chanyeol was just watching something on their direction. Besides, what could possibly be the reason as to why he’ll be watching him? That would be just weird.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    *
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    “I can’t believe you dragged me here to watch this game…” Baekhyun complains. All around him students are wearing their house colors; blue and yellow for them. In the opposite side of the stands, the colors green and silver adorns it. Some were even waving around their house scarves, handmade posters bearing the name of their house or players they like. It’s so noisy, everyone is so excited, and Baekhyun feels so out of his element. This is just not Baekhyun’s thing.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun prepares his earmuffs in order to drone out the noise even for a bit. Good thing the weather is getting colder, at least this wouldn’t be out of place much. He took out his book from his bag and is getting ready to read when his earmuffs was harshly tugged off.
 

 


 
    He glares at the culprit who was just cheeky enough to smile at him in mirth. Jongdae was trying to withhold his laughter seeing Baekhyun’s pissed off face. After waking him up earlier by jumping on his bed nonstop until he opened those eyes, Jongdae’s pretty lucky he hasn’t been cursed to death yet.
 

 


 
    “Enjoy the game, Byun!” Jongdae screamed at him to be heard, as was needed with this noisy surrounding. Jongdae sits to his right while Luhan is on his left, already lost in his own world. “There’s nothing to enjoy.” He shouts back. Which was a bad idea when Baekhyun could feel all the evil stares directed his way.
 

 


 
    He pretends to cough to hide his face behind his hand. Jongdae snorts at this but Baekhyun was quick to elbow him. “Shut up.”
 

 


 
    “Whats with him?” Baekhyun asked Jongdae while not so subtly pointing at Luhan. Luhan’s been ignoring them since they sat in those bleachers. Like he’s entranced of some sort… Baekhyun was about to nudge him back to earth, because he thinks he must be on his own world somewhere when they heard the loud whistle.
 

 


 
    Professor Minseok, the quidditch referee and their flying instructor, blew his whistle gathering the attention of all those in the stands. Silence deafened the entire pitch, all of their eyes trained on the pit for the professors waiting for the headmaster to say his welcome speech. Knowing Headmaster Yixing though, it’s gonna be as fast as lightning. He was, after all, a man of very few words. He muttered a spell and put his wand near his throat to emphasize his voice.
 

 


 
    “Dearest students,” Headmaster Yixing starts, beaming at them, even though Baekhyun can’t see it he’s still pretty sure of it. “Welcome to the first quidditch game for this school year!” He was cut off when everyone around them started screaming and cheering in happiness leaving Baekhyun in awe. He might not be a fan, but this is such a sight to behold. It seemed that everyone is just here to have some fun, dropping other responsibilities and worries to enjoy the game.
 

 


 
    “It seems that everyone is excited for this game to start. I am too. But always remember that beyond the thrill of the game, of wanting to win, the most important is playing it fair and square. To the Ravenclaw and Slytherin team who are honored to be the first game of this year, good luck to the both of you.” The players on the pitch started to cheer too. “But always remember those days that you worked hard to perfect your routines, your coordination and teamwork. How satisfied you were when it all worked out? When you found the perfect strategy for you games?”
 

 


 
    “Hold on to that. Never forget that it’s always better to lose than win in a not so honorable way. Okay?” Headmaster Yixing ends it with a smile, waiting for the “Yes” coming from the players. When everything was set, it was time to focus of the players on the field.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun watched as both teams huddled on each other’s circle before each one grabs a broom. The captains of both team; Chanyeol for Slytherin and Seulgi for Ravenclaw shook hands as Professor Minseok tells them the rules.
 

 


 
    “You heard the headmaster, I want a clean game from all of you, alright?”
 

 


 
    “Yes, sir!” They all shout, before the sound of another whistle -  this time signaling the start of the game - echoes throughout the pitch. The crowd once again goes into chaos. Everyone was cheering and waving their banners, anything to show their support as the players are introduced and flew one by one.
 

 


 
    Although at first hesitant into attending this, Baekhyun ended up watching the game closely too. Although Jongdae kind of hid his book and promised to only give it back if Baekhyun focused on the game, so the little raven didn’t actually have a choice. At least that’s what he’ll tell himself in the next few days to justify what he ended up doing. How he, beyond reason, ended up following every movement of the Slytherin captain and seeker.
 

 


 
    It’s unprecedented for someone like Baekhyun. To be distracted enough by a living specimen that he stopped putting up a fight with his friend. There’s just something interesting with the way Chanyeol moves. It’s sure, certain and confident. Aside from that, he flies so gracefully, as if he’s one with the wind. Which Baekhyun knows is an impossible thing, because it definitely wasn’t the case when he had flying classes during first year. He shudders at that particular scary memory he’d rather not remember again.
 

 


 
    Baekhyun swore that he knows he’s still in the noisy pitch, if Luhan shouting at the top of his lungs beside him isn’t indication enough, but why? Why does it seem that everything is muted as he stared at the flying silhouette of the captain up above them?
 

 


 
    The game went on but Baekhyun seemed to be only interested in one person. He observes how all players in the Slytherin team seem to just circle around their captain. Always ready to follow any moves that Chanyeol thinks will make them win the game. Plans that were not surprisingly working as Slytherin appear to be winning the game.
 

 


 
    As their scores kept on piling up against the Ravenclaw team, Luhan’s cheers also keep increasing in volume. “Hey, be careful you might lose your voice, Luhan.” Baekhyun worries over his friend but only got a grateful smile and thumbs up on his way before going back to shouting. Baekhyun just sighed at that. Oh well, he better request some lemon tea from the house elves later for his friend.
 

 


 
    Just all of a sudden, the roaring of the students became even louder than before. If Baekhyun thought it was already loud earlier, then, this is just on a whole new level. Everyone’s eyes were trailing after the two seekers that are now racing against each other.
 

 


 
    Chanyeol is first but Seulgi was following not so far behind. They fly up, suddenly dive, and swerve through posts a lot of times it was making Baekhyun dizzy. Following Chanyeol’s figure as he flies past them was very tiring but he couldn’t stop himself. The tiny, golden snitch kept on avoiding the two seekers until with one last ultimate dive that made everyone’s excitement double up.
 

 


 
    Just as Chanyeol was about to hit the ground, he held out his hand and perfectly maneuvered his broom for a flawless landing. Once he’s standing on his two feet, Chanyeol raises his arms and slowly opens his palm to show the captured snitch. Slowly, the players who were still on air lowered themselves. The members of the winning team ran towards their captain after leaving their brooms behind and giving him a hug. 
 

 


 
    Even though there were some disappointed sighs from their side of the pitch, Baekhyun doesn’t feel down at the defeat of his own house. Strangely Baekhyun feels happy about that win, especially when Chanyeol opened his palm to show the snitch. Baekhyun smiled when he sees Luhan dancing around in circles with Jongdae. Looks like Slytherin’s number one fan is happy about the results today and Baekhyun tells himself that’s the reason why he’s happy too.
 

 


 
    He should really get that lemon tea for his friends, knowing they would be complaining to him sooner or later. All that shouting and screaming during the game definitely strained their vocal chords. And a nice, warm, cup of tea is perfect to soothe it. Maybe he’ll ask enough for three. He might just need it a little too.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    *
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    “Ugh, why are we handling this thing again?” Luhan mutters under his breathe before doing a full body shudder. They’re at the greenhouse for their herbology subject, another subject they shared with Slytherin. When they entered the greenhouse they saw what they were gonna be dealing with, mandrakes, again. Merlin knows how well those go.
 

 


 
    As Professor Sunmi strode in the room, everybody settled down. As usual, the three of them share a table but knowing how this went on three years ago, they’re going to be partnered with each other once again. Jongdae and Baekhyun shares a knowing look between themselves that Luhan didn’t miss and started to whine at.
 

 


 
    It looked like Sehun’s group also thought of the same thing, as the youngest ended up being partnerless. Professor Sunmi saw them and partnered them up, with their friends snickering behind their hands. Luhan and Sehun moved to another table, with the former visibly blushing.
 

 


 
    “Now, now students, remember treat them as if they’re your own children.” She gave them all a level stare each. “Carefully and perfectly transfer them to new pots. Remember all the steps for your OWLs.”
 

 


 
    “Luhan acts so shy now but I bet he’s gonna be so happy later.” Jongdae conspiratorially whispers to Baekhyun making him chuckle. Luhan glared at their direction shutting the two up immediately. Bowing their heads in guilt, and also because Professor Sunmi is already glaring at them, Baekhyun and Jongdae started with their own mandrake now.
 

 


 
    Thirty minutes in and Jongin and Chanyeol looks like they were having troubles with their own mandrake. Baekhyun watched as the two kept on passing the mandrake towards each other, at first they were just playing but then it started to get their professor’s attention.
 

 


 
    He’s been watching the two get scolded before Chanyeol looks up and ended up meeting his eyes. Chanyeol quickly looked away while he still watched them. Baekhyun was a curious child, and lately he’s been getting more and more interested into the tall captain and seeker. Jongdae called for his attention and he goes back to finishing their activity for the day. They’ve done this before already, so it’s easy for Baekhyun to accomplish this time too. Thoughts of a tall captain forgotten as he aims to perfect this activity.
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
   

xx
 

 


 
   
 

 


 
    “Luhan where are you?” Baekhyun whispers into doors of classrooms he passed by, hoping to get a response from his friend. Ever since that time when he was partnered up with Luhan, he kept on disappearing more and more. Normally, Baekhyun wouldn’t even look for him but Professor Sunmi has been looking for him. He was absentmindedly strolling through corridors when all of a sudden he felt a body colliding with his. The next thing he knew he’s already on the ground, patting his as it got the brunt of his landing.
 

 


 
    “Ow. That hurt.” Baekhyun is taken aback when he heard another voice in the once empty corridor. A deep voice and husky voice that did not definitely come from him. He looks up to see a similar student sprawled in front of him. After the haze of the fall disappeared and he could see clearly again, Baekhyun saw a very familiar student patting his bottom.
 

 


 
    And Baekhyun did what any student would’ve probably done - he stared at the other. For a quidditch player who’s supposed to be strong, Chanyeol did whine like a child over that fall, Baekhyun observes as Chanyeol kep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter