Reminiscing (Part 2)

When 3 out of 15 Idiots Fall For Me

 

 

MaeLyn's POV

 

I continued to look at the office in amazement. Suddenly I heard someone sniffling. I saw Sooman-sshi...OMO! Is he crying? Did I do something wrong?! 

 

I'll let him have some time. I will just pretend to look around a little more...

 

Lee Soo Man's POV

My eyes landed on a framed picture of Jinra and I 22 years ago. It was taken on that day...The day that ruined me and my life.

 

~Flashback, 22 years ago~

"Happy Anniversary!" I greeted her as I got home from work. I can't believe it was already a year since we're married. I handed her a boquet of white roses and pecked on her cheek.

 

"I have a surprise for you!" I said. Her eyes lit up and smiled a smile of curiosity.

 

"What is it?"

 

I got something from my satchel. 

 

"I know how much you love taking pictures, so I got you this." I said and handed her a professional camera.

 

"Do you like it?" I asked. She hugged me and whispered "I love it!...Oh, and I also have a surprise for you."

 

She pulled away from the hug and ran into the room. She got her big bag and pulled me in the car. Then she asked me to drive her to the park.

 

While I was driving I asked, "What's the surprise you were talking about?"

 

"I'll tell you sooner~!" she said and winked at me.

 

"Awwww..." I tried to do the pouting thing but it doesn't seem to work! :|

 

"Aish, stop that! It doesn't suit you!" she said with a giggle. She kissed my cheek and said: "Be patient, arasso?"

 

"Arasso." I said and focused on my driving.

 

We reached the park. She got her bag, laid down a plaid blanket on the grass, and brought out foods.

 

"So this is your surprise!" I said.

 

"Maybeeeee...NOT! Not even close!" she said and winked.

 

"Aish, you really haven't changed...Still a child!" she just stuck out her tongue and we laughed.

 

We took pictures, ate, played and finally lay down. She rested her head on my shoulders and said, "If we're gonna have a baby, what name do you want?"

 

"Hmm, let me think...If it's a boy, I would like to name him Jae Hyun. But if it's a girl, I'd like to name her Ha Ra."

 

She closed her eyes and calmly said, "Ha Ra...That's a nice name!"

 

"Why did you suddenly asked about this?" I asked but she didn't repond. She was already asleep. I chuckled and kissed her forehead...

 

~The next day~

 

She's calling me...Weird. Usually I'm the one who always calls.

 

"Yoboseyo? Jinra-ah, why did you call?"

 

"Nothing, I just want you to pick up the photos tomorrow!"

 

"Oh, ok. Anything else?"

 

"I'm riding a taxi to go to your office, I made you some lunch!" she said and giggled. "By the way, look at the envelope in your satchel. It has my surprise in it!"

 

But then I heard her scream. And a loud crash... Oh no...No, no, no!

 

"Jinra? Jinra?! Are you there?! Can you hear me?!" I exclaimed frantically.

 

"Lee Soo Man, remember that I love you. Saranghae." was all she said and the line went dead.

 

"Jinra?! Jinra!!"

 

This can't be happening! I think I know what happened but...I hope it's not what I think it is.

 

I ran out of my office and drove off. I'm not really sure where I'm going, I just have to find her...

 

 

Five block away from the office, there was a crash site. Ambulances, police cars and spectators surrounded the area. I searched around...my heart raced as I saw and picked up Jinra's camera.

 

I wiped my tears. I'm afraid to face the truth. She's going to be okay, I know it. I got to my car and drove to the hospital.

As soon as I arrived I headed to the receptionist and asked about Jinra.

 

"She's in room 1106."

 

"Thank you."

 

I sat on a chair waiting outside her room. She's gonna be ok. She's gonna be ok. She's gonna--

 

"You!" my thoughts were cut off. It was Jinra's umma and appa. I quickly bowed and greeted them.

 

"You did this to Jinra! You killed my daughter!" her umma wailed. Dead? No,no,no,no...This can't be.

 

"I never did approve of you. I only agreed because you make Jinra happy. But...you killed her! And our grandchild!"

 

"What do you mean? Jinra's alive! And what grandchild?"

 

"It doesn't matter anymore, you killed them! We never want to see you again. Get out!"

 

With that, I was out of the life of the Park's. I never got to see her one last time.

 

 

"By the way, look at the envelope in your satchel. It has my surprise in it!"

 

 

Her words rang in my head as I got home. I hurriedly got my satchel and looked at the contents of the envelope. I dropped them and cried. That's why she asked those questions. But...It's too late.

 

My wife and baby...

 

 

THEY'RE DEAD

 

 

 

IT'S ALL MY FAULT...

 

 

I cried and cried until I was void of emotions. Never did I became the same man I was. That accident made a huge impact on my life. The reason why I became bitter, cold-hearted. 

 

My only reason to be happy is now gone.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

"Sooman-sshi, gwaenchana? Did I do something wrong? I'm so sorry!" Maelyn frantically said. I snapped out of my thoughts and wiped my tears. 

 

"No, no. It's nothing. I just remembered...something from the past." I said and she breathed a sigh of relief.  I smiled and said, "Do you want to continue the tour?"

 

"Uhm, sure." she said hesitantly. She might be the answer to my problems.

 

 

Jinra, thank you for all those memories. I will treasure them forever. I know you want me to move on and continue with my life, so I will. I found Maelyn. She might not be as special as you but she can help me move on.

 

 

NANEUN DANGSHINEUL SARANGHAMNIDA PARK JIN RA

I'll never forget you 

 


A/N: Hi there my wonderful readers! What do you think of this update? The chapters? The characters? The story itself?

Comment and subscribe :DD I love you all my dear readers!

And you, pleeeeaaase comment and/or sub *does aegyo*. Saranghae~!