Chapter III: AFTER

Saudade


Chapter 3

      After

 

 

Jennie woke up to the familiar sound of a cleaning equipment. Chaeyoung being the good friend and dongsaeng,  decided to clean Jennie's room because the girl just messed it up last night .

Memories of last night flashed in Chaeyoung's mind and she shivered.  It was the first time she ever saw Jennie so drunk and wild and never in their 3 years of being together in the dorm she'd ever seen her lose her . 

And the room's a mess.

Chaeyoung sighed and continued picking up empty cans and plastics from last night. And Jennie,  because she always out whenever she got drunk,  totally forgot whatever she and Jisoo did last night. She rubbed her forehead that was throbbing in pain and groaned.

"No way," she mumbled. 

Chaeyoung heard her and turned,  "Unnie! You oka--You obviously don't look okay.  Here.  Water and Advil."

Jennie lazily reached for it from Chaeyoung and drank the water then took the medicine next.

"Thanks, Chaeyoung-ah," she managed to say before curling like a ball in her bed again. 

"You should've taken it easy last night! You and Jisoo unnie are just..."

Jennie ignored her and just closed her eyes. 

"Unnie,  are you not going to see Kim Taejoonie?" she asked. 

"What? Oh it's Saturday today," she muttered under her breath.  "What time is it, Chaeyoung?"

"Hm,  quarter to 11. You still have plenty of time to get ready. I already cooked your breakfast.  Let me just re-heat them."

Before Jennie could say anything, the nice young girl already went to the kitchen to prepare the food.  Jennie on the other hand still did not come back to her senses as she was now laid out flat on her back, staring at the ceiling. 

What have I done? 

^Last night

"Oh,  it's Jennie!  Jennie!" Jisoo called as soon as she saw her friend came in. She even jumped from her seat and pulled the newcomer beside her to sit. "You made it huh.  But it would have been fun if you didn't. See that over there? It's Kang Daniel."

Jennie looked to where Jisoo was pointing and it was really Kang Daniel. He was really handsome but,  it would still result into something bad. Phew,  she really dodged another embarrassing moment in her life. Knowing Jisoo, she really would do it.  She maybe reckless and ever-ready, but Jisoo was like the closest friend and unnie she ever had even if the older girl has the tendency to do the stupidest things out of the stupidest of things. 

"I told you so,  right?" Jisoo said, face inching towards her with wide eyes. Okay. Jennie knew alcohol was already taking a toll on Jisoo.  She didn't want to provoke her to do something. 

"Yeah,  right,  unnie."

She snatched the bottle from Jisoo's hold and took a mouthful.  Jennie grimaced when she felt the liquid sharply ran through .  Jisoo, upon seeing her blush,  laughed. 

"Easy,  Jendeuk. You may forget the best night of your life!" Jisoo muttered through the loud music. 

"That's the plan,  unnie!" Jennie answered and took a swig again.

And the rest was history. Jennie can't even remember how they brought the party in here,  in her room. She couldn't remember buying a dozen of cans of beer but she bet Jisoo was the one who did.  She was just grateful Chaeyoung was nice enough not to get mad at both of them. 

"Yah!! Min Yoongi!  You thought you're all that huh? Pretending you don't know me after all the years we spent together, jerk! I hate you!" Jennie shouted at the top of her lungs. "Min Yoongi, you!  You...I missed you."

"Oh my God." Jennie muttered, standing up abruptly and she regretted it the moment her head hurt.



Yoongi

"Yo,  buddy!  Did you spend the night here?" Namjoon asked his friend who was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hand. He seemed like a wreck,  like he just woke up from his drunken state.

He narrowed his eyes on Yoongi.  "Seriously man,  go home.  Freshen up!"

Yoongi shook his head and sipped on his coffee.  "Nah,  I'm good. We need to start on the new song for Jung Hoseok."

"When was the last time you showered really? Had a decent sleep? Went out and had fun like a normal person?" Yoongi was about to answer, rebutting but Namjoon beat him to it.  "Let me guess...forever ago?"

" you," Yoongi cussed. 

It did not offend Namjoon--he just laughed at his friend's reaction and said,  "How about you get one? When was the last time you got laid huh?"

Suga glared at Namjoon and seemed to look like he's gonna throw the coffee at his friend. Truthfully,  Yoongi could not remember the last time. 

Namjoon was suddenly reminded of what happened yesterday. The look on Suga's face when he stared at Jennie and so did she. He wanted to ask him but stopped himself.  He knew the pale guy wouldn't open up just like that. He never did anyway. 

But he tried another way though. 

"You saw the girl yesterday,  right?"

Yoongi tensed and it did not go unnoticed by Namjoon's scrutinizing gaze,  especially when Yoongi's expression suddenly  changed. Another first, Namjoon thought. 

"What girl?" Yoongi pretended even though he knew too well who he was referring to.  It's Jennie.  The reason he was wasted. 

"Jennie.  She was the date I've told you about--who doesn't like music," Namjoon tried to casually trigger something from Yoongi. One more and it would confirm his suspicion. And it did. The way Yoongi's grip tighten around the cup and the change in his breathing pattern. 

"Ah,  your friend," Suga tried to sound natural but failed.  "Is she...your girlfriend?" 

Yoongi,  this time,  looked back at Namjoon and the latter saw it again. The glimmer of longing.

Namjoon shook his head immediately, not to do something he would regret. He didn't want to ruin or be a hindrance to whatever Jennie and Suga had.

"Nah, she's just my closest friend. She's Hanbin's childhood friend though.  Hanbin's one of my best bud, by the way.  He and Jennie are pretty close."

The mention of the guy,  the so-called childhood friend irked something in Yoongi's mind.  Because the longing in his eyes suddenly turned empty then cold and it was full of hatred.

Yoongi hated the guy and hated him even more because Jennie remained friends with him. And now he's hating the idea and revelation that Namjoon too was connected to him.  And that they're all friends. This was news to him.  Yes he did not know that his coworker was friends with Jennie and Hanbin, the 2 people he wished not to see but he did. It was his fault because he didn't try to get to know Namjoon.  

Yesterday was too much for Yoongi.  Meeting Jennie again.  It brought back all the heartbreaks and agony that were long buried by him. 

He suddenly stood up, "I think you're right. See you tomorrow,  RM."

"Right about what?  Getting laid? Yoo--" Namjoon wasn't able to finish talking because Yoongi just left, shutting the door close behind him.  He was left dumbfounded. 

Few years ago...

"Stay away from Jennie. It's  no use hanging onto her, dragging her down to your level. Jennie is so different from you.  And I will not allow you to do that to her," Kim Hanbin, Jennie's childhood and kinda closest friend said to Yoongi. 

No.  It never offended him.  He learned  not to give a about what other people say about him,  his status and his family. As long as it did not come from the love of his life, Jennie,  he could careless. 

Jennie always told him it didn't matter.  Being born poor was not a choice but dying as one was. She used to tell him he would succeed because he had the talent and perseverance and he's really hardworking.  So he did not care.  Most importantly, Jennie loved him. They loved each other. 

Yoongi ignored Kim Hanbin and started walking away but stopped when he heard him say something that Yoongi hadn't thought about yet. 

"You can never marry Jennie Kim,  Min Yoongi.  But I can.  See the difference? Her family likes me and hates you. Enjoy while it lasts, Cinderella."



"Noona, am I doing right?" Taejoonie, the boy Jennie was tutoring every Saturday asked, as he started with soft of brush.

Jennie was an all around tutor for the young boy aged 12 and it has been 3 months since she started. She's also teaching him how to paint. Well not that Taejoon was totally clueless about painting--she only made sure to guide him,  teach some techniques.  

Jennie only snapped out her 'spacing out' self when the little boy nodged her. 

"Huh?"

"Noona,  you're not listening," the boy pouted, putting his brush down. 

Jennie immediately smiled and hugged Taejoon who was already sulking.  She had come to care about him since she started spending time with him but for her,  it was not just a mere work to earn money. Instead Jennie enjoyed being with Taejoon who was really a bright and kind kid. 

"Sorry, Taejoonie.  Noona was just thinking if I did well on my exams."

Obviously a lie. She wasn't going to tell a little boy that the reason she was spacing out was because of her ex. Her ex that she left because she couldn't fight for him. She really had no intention to tell anyone...like really. 

"Of course, you did well,  noona.  I'm sure of that." Jennie just smiled.  "Do you have siblings?"

Jennie shook her head.  "No.  I'm an only child."

"I have a hyung. You remember I told you right?" he asked,  resuminh with his work, eyes still on his canvas. "But I haven't seen him since 2 weeks now.  He's really a busy person, noona."

"Really?  What is his work?" Jennie put some paint on his palette. 

"Singer. Uhm,  actor,  too." Jennie was surprised.  That famous?  Taejoon put his brush down and faced her. He had that excited expression on his face and Jennie immediately realized little Taejoon had a genuine admiration for his older brother. "He's a great singer, noona.  Really great. You like music?"

Jennie carefully shook his head. The boy furrowed his eyebrows and asked why. She answered,  "I just...I'm not really into it,  Taejoonie."

"My hyung wrote me a song.  Do you want to listen?" he offered. 

Does she really want to?  She wondered.  She hadn't listened to genuine songs since forever. And to listen to such song that held a meaning to someone was a challenge for her. 

He wrote me a song,  too. Min Yoongi did. 

Jennie smiled wryly. "Next time,  Taejoon. Next time."


 

It was already past 8 in the evening when Jennie went back to their dorm and her heart dropped the moment she saw a familiar figure leaning on the wall in front of her room. He had his eyes close but still looked as if he was waiting for someone and that someone took long that a crease between his brows formed,  indicating he's impatient and annoyed.

I must be dreaming, Jennie thought. 
Her breathing stopped when his eyes opened and met hers. 

"Min Yoongi," she muttered.

He pushed his body off the wall and took a few steps, stopping in front of her.  Jennie could barely believe what she's seeing right now and at the same time,  emotions were bombarding and clouding her mind.  She couldn't think straight.  She was really panicking inside. 

Her heart started beating fast. 

"What are you doing here?" she managed to ask in her almost inaudible voice. 

Min Yoongi did not smile nor had that friendly and inviting expression on his face.  It only means he wasn't glad to see her.  But why would he see her in the first place?"

"To see you," Min Yoongi answered. 

It was cold.  Too cold. Jennie did not imagine it was possible to feel cold despite already wearing thick clothing merely because of a person in front of her. Moreso,  she did not imagine she'd be seeing him this close. 

He grew more handsome. And masculine. There's something about his get up today than when she saw him the other day. 

"Why?" Jennie asked again. 

'Please,  please' was on playing on her mind and she wasn't sure what she was pleading for.  Stupid feelings! 

Yoongi suddenly handed Jennie a familiar piece of her past. Jennie's eyes examined the material.  It was her hairpin she gave him back then. 

Did he...keep it?  Why? 

Just when she thought she had predicted what he would say ans hoped,  Min Yoongi told her the most hurtful words she never thought he'd ever hear from him.  Not even in the past he had told her that so coldly. 

"I'm returning this to you. You and I are different now.  I'd appreciate you if you stay the away from me."

Jennie was dumbfounded and hurt. No, she was heartbroken. For the second time, just when she thought she would have a chance, it died just like that. 

Yoongi, even though he tried very hard to stop himself,  couldn't help but feel a slight guilt. Especially when Jennie hasn't made a move yet. So he tucked some strands behind her ear and put on the clip. Jennie was surprised and she looked at him with those eyes.  Those eyes that kept haunting him these past few years and now they vividly stared into his. 

It was the first time he had hold her since. Yoongi could barely control himself and so before she could so something so stupid and out of character, he started walking away. 

But Jennie made him stop. "I left you because it was what best for you..."

"No.  It was best what best for you.  You had a choice,  Jennie. And you chose to leave me.  Why? Because they fed you poison? That I was a criminal's son?"

Jennie couldn't answer. She was trying very hard not to cry. 

"You know too well my father's innocent.  And you know too well who isn't. I will make you all pay for what you did," Yoongi then left.

Tears finally escaped Jennie's eyes. She smiled bitterly,  "Min Yoongi,  you're mean."


Now tell me what yall think,  maybe?  Comment down if you think I'm being harsh or nahh.  Lol

Thank you 18 subs!!  You all are so nice to me.  ♥