Coming home

What could have been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I love you Amber”

“I love you Krystal, forever and always”

Those words still echo in my head when I think about our last night together before I left. There wasn’t a moment that went by that I didn’t think about you. I always dreamt of when I would come back into your arms and we could live happily ever after. Five years wasn’t too long right? Neither of us thought so, until things changed. Change is good, it’s a natural thing to experience.We feel differently after a certain amount of time. At least you did, and I’ve already accepted that.

“Sir everyone has left the plane….Sir?”

I looked up at the flight attendant confused until it registered to me what she said. It’s not the first time and definitely isn’t the last time someone will mistake my gender, it’s alright I’m used to it. I looked around the plane to find no one around me. I must’ve zoned out. I can’t help it. With the job I have, five years of no sleep really teaches you how to sleep anywhere any chance you get. I picked up my sea bags and walked towards the baggage claim. Once I got my stuff I checked my phone to see if I missed a message.

Luna: Llama!!! Where are you I can’t find you! Did you miss your flight? You better have not. We all waited so long to see you. We’ll be waiting for you outside.

This girl, she’s so silly. Does she really think I’d miss my flight? I’ve been dying to come home. Home...I’m finally home. I walked out of the airport looking for my friends. Next thing I know someone jumps on my back.

“AMBERRRRRR!!!!!!”

“Jeeezzz Luna could you be any louder? I just woke up.”

“I’m just happy you’re here! You’re finally here! Five years! Holy cow look at you!” She jumped with excitement. It feels so surreal to see her. This is the moment I’ve been waiting for. I look over her shoulder and I see the rest of my friends coming towards me. 

"Amber welcome home! You look great dude! Looking sharp in your uniform!” Minho came up to hug me. Then Victoria, Sulli, Key, and Henry started coming in for hugs and welcomes. I missed them. I wonder if she came. I looked around for her but it seems like she didn’t. Oh well, I didn’t expect her to come, but one could only hope.

“It’s so good to see you guys again” We started loading up the car with all my stuff.

“No kidding bro. Look at ya! You went from a stick to a muscular stick. But uhhh you mind helping me out with your stuff? It’s a little heavy. What’s in here dude? Why’s it so heavy?” Everyone laughed at Henry seeing him struggle with my bags.

"Well dude when you’re carrying your wholle life with you in a bag like this all the time, you get used to the weight. Maybe you should come work out with me.”

“Yeah, maybe. Looks like I’m out of shape.” We all hopped into the car and headed back to Luna’s place. Since I sold my place before I left. Luna said that I could crash with her while I’m here. “How long are you able to stay Amber?”

“Not long Key. About ten days, but I need to leave earlier to report to my next command.”

“What? That’s not enough time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter