[5] Beginning

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From unknown number:

So, are you still going to deny my request?

 

Xiaohan couldn't help but clench her fist tighter. The messages Chengxiao sent daily made her blood boil and Jiyeon noticed a dramatic decline in Xiaohan's productivity, which wasn't good since their new winter apparel were able to be release. The media has subsided for a bit ever since the scandal and although Xiaohan couldn't prove she had an identical twin sister, the blacklash was still happening. 

"Why don't you speak to her?" Jiyeon suggested, folding her hands over her chest. 

"And what? She just wants money." Xiaohan was feeling hot-headed. 

"Honestly Xiaohan, she's threatening to trash your entire life and you're still contemplating?" Jiyeon sighed with annoyance. "Okay, let's toss the money and business thought aside. She almost wrecked your relationship with Mina and her career. What do you care more about?"

"Of course my Mina." Xiaohan snapped, offended that Jiyeon could even think that her business was more important that Mina. 

"Then just give her what she wants and she'll leave you alone." Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

"And what if she comes back?" Xiaohan narrowed her eyes towards Jiyeon who looked away under her gaze. 

"..She won't, I know..." Jiyeon muttered but Xiaohan was able to pick it up with her acute hearing.

"You know? How do you know?"

"She...she came looking for me last week at my house."

"What?! Did she do something to you?" Xiaohan leapt out of her seat and stormed towards Jiyeon, who took a few cautious steps back. 

"She said she only needed the money to support her sick mother and she had no other way but to threaten you since she knew that you wouldn't give the money to her after she abandoned you years ago."

Xiaohan was baffled and rested her hands on her hips. "And you didn't bother telling me?!"

"..She said to keep it a secret from you..." Jiyeon felt guilty for betraying Chengxiao and rubbed her forearm. 

"Great." Xiaohan said sarcastically and threw her hands in the air. "Do you know where she is?"

"I can ask."

"You have her number?"

A light blush dusted over Jiyeon's face and she bit her lips, nodding. Xiaohan mumbled an 'unbelievable' under her breath and tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, waiting for Chengxiao to reply. 

To My Chengxiao<3:

Chengxiao, where are you right now?

 

From my Chengxiao<3:

Yeon-ie~ I'm at the local café just a few blocks away from your workplace, you know the one we always go to? Anyways Want to grab a coffee with me?

 

"She's at the local café a few blocks from here. It's called Creme Cafe." Jiyeon said and Xiaohan nodded.

"Thanks."

The girl bolted out and grabbed her belongings on the way as she headed towards the café to meet her sister. 

 

To my Chengxiao<3:

I want to but my break is in 3 hours :(

 

From my Chengxiao<3:

Aww~ Don't work too hard okay? What about Xiaohan? Is she working overtime alot?

 

To my Chengxiao<3:

Yeah, she's been stressed with the scandal recently and she hasn't been able to sleep so she just keeps working.

 

From my Chengxiao<3:

Ah...I feel so guilty for stooping so low...

 

To my Chengxiao<3:

Don't worry, I know you're a good person. Just tell the truth to Xiaohan, I'm sure she'll be very understanding.

 

From my Chengxiao<3:

Yeah, maybe..

 

Chengxiao took a sip of her americano and stared at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter