One Shot To Them

One Shot

The news about a new restaurant opening, quickly reached Daehyun's ears. He's a Busan boy who loves food a lot. He chuckled in a sweet voice while looking at his phone. The anniversary was today, the food would be free and the owners were handsome young men, friendly from what he could judge from the picture. He sure was going. 

It was already afternoon, the sun was still shining. Daehyun could feel the sun warming his skin as soon as he walked out of his apartment. Wearing summer jean shorts, a white shirt, necklace hanging and sandals. As accessory he always had his sunglasses but took them off for a moment to face the sun with closed eyes. The wind that blew was refreshing. Not losing more time, he started walking towards the restaurant that was close enough to the apartment. 

Moon Jongup, a dark and athletic boy. He wasn't a person anyone could easily approach, keeping anything that had to do with him, a secret. Taking the roads of Seoul, with his dark stylish clothes and a black sleeveless leather jacket. In his left hand he was holding his suitcase. He just moved to this new neighborhood, far away from his old house. Not many people knew him back there but even the few were enough. 

Arriving outside his new apartment, with his suitcase barely being pulled, he could smell something delicious from the nearby restaurant. He exhaled in relief and quickly entered his new apartment to let everything inside, freeing himself. When he entered, he checked around to see the windows were big enough allowing the sunlight to lighten the whole house. He didn't want any eyes on him but thankfully he lived on the fifth floor. He barely checked all the rooms, before washing himself a little and headed to the nearby restaurant. 

He tried to keep his black hat that covered his hair and a part till his eyes. He checked around with his eyes anyone passing by him. Even when he arrived at the restaurant, he checked before entering. Everyone looked calm and quiet, but as soon as he opened the door, he noticed people were talking even with their mouths filled. To some, you could even see what they were eating since they didn't stop talking. Of course there were those who ate a lot but placed their hands in front of their mouths while eating. His hunger grew bigger as he still hadn't eat anything even after the long distance from his old home. With heavy, steady and quick steps he walked closer to the cook and ordered. The other replied with a fake happy laugh before giving him the free food. 

Jongup enjoyed his Noodles with cheese and Kimchi. But his eyes never stopped roaming around. That's when he spotted him. A young adorable boy, eating like a baby, with his full fluffy lips shut and pushed foreword. He was looking only the empty table in front of him with his big baggy eyes with a small mole under them. He chuckled but abruptly got serious covering his smile and let the food aside. 

He was in shock, he never smiled about anyone else. Yet, he tried to change his freaked out expression and ignore. He quickly finished his food, so did the cute boy. As they both stood next to each other, Jongup accidentally let his plate fall off his hands which had the result of the remaining food to end up on the boy's feet. And that's when everything started:

"Yah! How dare you!"

screamed the boy. And everyone looked at them, Jongup checked to see he was too obvious now, so he looked back at the boy:

"Shh! I didn't do it on purpose...what's your name"

"Don't tell me to shut up after what you did. And why does my name matter to you?"

"So I can pay for your sandals"

"You know what, my name is Jung Daehyun. And yes pay me, I know boys like you, spoiled by mommy."

said Daehyun and turned around to leave, leaving Jongup speechless behind him looking at his back. Everyone was looking at Jongup now, but he just turned his back to them and left. He started walking back to the apartment taking big steps, and he immediately raised his head up when he noticed Daehyun entering the same apartment. 

He chuckled and entered too getting Daehyun to look at him from the corner of his shining eyes. But Daehyun didn't pay more attention, he got in his house on the fourth floor while Jongup kept walking with a side smirk until the fifth floor. The day felt really weird to the younger. And when night came, he stayed home. Preferring to keep a check on the things he did in the past and if everything was perfectly hidden.

Jongup was a member of the most wanted gang of Korea. He didn't feel much like that though. The reason was because, he had worked for the gang few times and cleaned their problems too. But this lasted only months, he had left all these in the past. Moved to a new house, double checked the papers to see if he cleaned his name and kept a low profile. He only wished Daehyun doesn't prove to be trouble for him, or he would have to take care of that matter too. He hated the idea even for just thinking of it. 

The morning light along with the loud noise of the cars woke Daehyun up. He angrily threw the bedsheets away and approached the window to see that there were barely cars on the street. He exhaled in annoyance and headed to the bathroom. As he finished, he took two steps towards the living room but was interrupted by the doorbell sound. He felt surprised, since all his friends were in Busan. He shrank and approached the door to open.

Surprise hit him again when he saw that clumsy boy from the restaurant again:

"Ah! You.."

"Ye! My name is Jongup."

he said in a silent shy tone while smiling and lowered his face. He was feeling extremely shy. He then tried to raise his head up along with his right hand in which he had the money, and spoke in a shy tone again:

"This is the money I owe you, from yesterday"

"Hahaha! You're funny. Come, let's eat breakfast together"

said the older unable to hold his smile. He found the other much fun, he didn't really want the money but just to warn him to take him seriously. But Jongup froze, not expecting a response like this:

"Yes. You see, I owe you money. Emm I don't know if I should come in..."

"Oh come on , of course you should."

said Daehyun and softly pulling him inside kiddingly. Jongup's body moved were Daehyun wanted without an ounce of resistance. They sat in the living room and Daehyun prepared various dishes for both of them:

"Yah! Stop looking at me and eat your food."

complained Daehyun during breakfast, making Jongup shake his head and look back at his food. What Daehyun found funny was that Jongup would easily get distracted by him. He would look at Daehyun's face and his cold dangerous expression would change. He would look mesmerized. They both finished their plates and Daehyun brought him cheesecake:

"Let's eat some desert while you talk to me about yourself a little. You know I don't really share my cheesecake with anyone, so you've to eat it"

said Daehyun and pouted at the end of the sentence. Jongup gave a random smile and nodded before taking the spoon to taste Daehyun's offer before talking:

"Yes, so. I'm Moon Jongup and I'm...new here. I've never worked in my life but soon I'll search for a job."

"Liar!"

said Daehyun making the younger freeze, losing his color:

"Hahaha. I'm kidding, look at your face. You seem pale. What? Did I catch you off guard?"

said Daehyun and his laughing face slowly changed to a more suspicious one, successfully teasing Jongup:

"No, I...em."

said Jongup in his silent shy tone w smiled while looking down. As they were enjoying Daehyun's favorite cheesecake, he tried to get some Information from Jongup but instead they ended up talking about the older. Saying he wanted to be independent, he wanted to find a job to have his own money. Daehyun also revealed more cute stuff about him, like his behavior to eat to calm himself if he's angry or that he's thinking of taking a puppy and he already decided the name Kanji for it. 

Their conversation went well enough, even if Jongup wanted to laugh at most of the things the older said. Not out of irony but for how adorable the other looked when talking, especially for about the things he liked. The younger thanked Daehyun for offering him food and Daehyun told him to come over again. 

It was almost midnight and Jongup got a weird message on his phone telling him to come down. He knew it was that gang again. The situation didn't scare him, it actually got on his nerves making him press his lips together and exhale in anger. Quickly picked up his keys and headed down. He walked the stairs down in hurry and approached the main building entrance door and opened it furiously. That's when he saw two men waiting for him down next to a black car. The tallest of them was smoking, they were in suits without ties and ed shirt until their chest. The tall one also had a thin mustache above his upper lips and kept smoking while locking eyes with him while the other,shorter one,  had his eyes half closed ready to burst out. 

Jongup cursed inside him before checking the road with a quick move of his head, and walk across approaching them:

"Wassup?"

said Jongup trying not to make a fuss in his new neighborhood, which he saw as his new life start. The two men approached even more, the tall one with the cigarette chuckled mockingly. He threw the cigarette away with a quick move of his fingers and used his hand to touch the back of the younger's neck, massaging it. Jongup knew he must have messed up real bad:

"You can't escape that fast"

said the man touching him. He then removed his hand from Jongup's back of the neck and the other man continued:

"We need you again. And you can't disagree" 

the younger pressed his lips together in annoyance. He was angry but most on himself. That moment Daehyun happened to be coming home late, noticing the younger from afar and waved at him:

"Hey! Jongup!"

said Daehyun happily but his smile froze on his face when Jongup didn't greet back. The older noticed how scared he looked and these two men in from of his friend didn't look friendly at all. So he decided to approach, placing his arm past Jongup's shoulder, getting his attention before speaking:

"So...wassup?"

"But...what are you doing out so late?"

"I was at my friend's house and now I'm leaving"

"That late?"

"Yes, why? Are you jealous, Jongup?"

that was when the two men in front of them laughed loudly and the tall one with the mustache spoke before laughing:

"We leave you alone for a while and when we come back, there you are with a boyfriend?"

"No. He's not my boyfriend."

tried Jongup to explain and finish his business without involving Daehyun in it:

"Daehyun, aren't you leaving? I'm talking with the two gentlemen and I don't want to waste your time."

"No, don't worry,  you're not wasting my time...are, those men bothering you?"

asked Daehyun suspiciously with a pout on his face, that he wasn't aware of. He managed to make the two men laugh again:

"Seriously? And what can you do?"

"For now, nothing. It's up to Jongup if he wants my help."

said Daehyun and kept an ironic face towards the strangers. They got angry, looking each other before grabbing Daehyun by the shirt:

"Shibal, come here."

said one of them while both managed to pull him towards them, but that was when the three of them heard Jongup's scream:

"Yah!"

and fisted his hands, before grabbing Daehyun and pushing him back away to fight with the two men. He punched one but the other would punch him back. Thankfully, the men were weaker, Jongup was younger and stronger. Even if, at some point one of them, went behind him to hold his arms so the other could hit him, but failed. They got back in their car swearing and threatening to come back, through the open windows. Then they immediately disappeared.

Jongup turned towards Daehyun and looked ready to collapse. Daehyun was watching the whole situation from afar, holding his mouth shut with both hands trying not to scream in the night. But as soon as he saw Jongup ready to fall, he run towards him:

"Jongup!"

he screamed and approached, holding Jongup's head not to hit the road as the younger collapsed. Daehyun started crying while Jongup opened his eyes for a while  and side smiled:

"Coward"

he teased Daehyun with half closed eyes, he was tired. The older immediately helped him get up and walked him towards his apartment room. The awkward moment was when they reached outside the closed room door and the older had to search for the younger's key in his pockets. He made it, got the keys and entered the house. Approaching the bed and laid the younger on his bed, saying a faint 'goodnight' and left the house. 

Morning came, Jongup opened his eyes and found himself smiling, remembering the yesterday incident . He then made his smile disappear, feeling confused about his behavior. He slowly started to remember how dangerous yesterday was and how much he wanted to keep Daehyun safe. He clenched his teeth and fisted his hands. He needed to finish the job the two men were sent to give him, so they would at last leave him alone. But also needed to get rid of Daehyun, the boy meant nothing to him but only kept him back from his new life.

Daehyun woke up with his heart beating fast. Wanting to make sure Jongup was alright. He got off his bed and quickly started to get ready before heading to him. He walked the stairs to the fifth floor and stood in front of the closed door. He hesitated but quickly shut his eyes tightly before exhaling and raised his hand up to knock on the door. He regretted but it was too late.

Jongup, wearing only his pajamas on the lower body, opened the door. Daehyun's eyes widen leaving him with his eyes wide open traveling all over the younger's athletic body. Jongup had his eyes half closed which made his eyes look more edgy, hot. Soon a smirk appeared on his lips when he saw how flashed he made Daehyun:

"Anything you want?"

said Jongup and placed his hand on the doorframe a little above his head. Daehyun gave a quick gaze at his muscular arms before cleaning his mouth and looking the younger in the eyes:

"You should say 'good morning'. That's what normal people do...so, em. Are you ok?"

"Perfect."

he said and took a small step closer to the older. Daehyun's big adorable eyes, focused on the younger's, the tension between them was growing bigger. But Jongup knew he would mess up again if he kept acting without thinking. He lowered his gaze and paused for a few seconds before speaking:

"You gotta go, Daehyun. As you saw yesterday, I'm always in trouble. You don't want to be like that everyday. And I wouldn't allow you either."

"Always? What do you mean? So, you didn't get in trouble for walking out in the midnight? Are you...generally in trouble?"

asked Daehyun suspiciously, he half closed his eyes and approached Jongup's face to look at him deep in the eyes. Jongup felt awkward pulling his head slightly back:

"Why do you care either way?"

asked Jongup and placed his hand on the older's chest to push him away. Daehyun took two steps back and looked down:

"You're right. I'm no one to you. I don't have the right to interfere."

"Right"

answered Jongup without any emotions on his face before closing the door. Daehyun was standing in front of a closed door again, feeling stupid. He exhaled and walked the stairs down to his room.

Jongup was numb. He didn't know what he did or why he did it. Soon he knew he would regret his decision but until then, his old open businesses had to come to an end. And that's what he did when he was visited in the night by men again, this time they were three. Without a second word, he followed them. Like in the past, he finished their dirty job, to transfer a faint man to his boss. But this time he wanted to end all connections with them:

"I don't want to be doing this anymore"

said Jongup and raised his head up facing the boss:

"What?"

said the boss, and judging from his expression Jongup would tell he was calling him crazy inside his head:

"Won't happen"

"I'm sick of this. It's been a long time I've been doing this. I want to make a new start"

"Ow, baby Moon wants a 'clear' life."

he mocked and the men around them started laughing:

"You can't start a 'clear' life Jongup, cause you're not 'clean'. You've always been there when I wanted to be a monster"

"No...I want to end this. I-I can't do this anymore"

said Jongup making the boss's mocking face turn into an angry one again. But soon he calmed his face to let a smirk appear:

"Alright then. We will let you go, but we need to make sure you'll never forget that you can't escape from a gang that easily"

and as he finished speaking he made a gesture towards Jongup with his finger, and all men started beating him. Jongup screamed in pain as he fell down from the violent and multiple punches and kicks he was receiving. The men stopped hitting him, only when they saw Jongup down laying unconscious, bleeding and his clothes loose. That's when they leaded his unconscious body on the near forest and threw him there. 

When he opened his eyes, everything around him was dark. It was already night. He groaned slowly starting to feel the pain again. He crawled before adding more strength to his feet and got up. He walked out of the forest in pain, and approached the road in the middle of nowhere. Hadn't passed by there before yet he felt the road was dangerous. He hesitated for a second but thought he had nothing to lose either way.

He stuck his hand out when he noticed one dark color car was about to pass by. The car stopped, Jongup's heart started to beat fast. Not because he was afraid, but because he was worried the driver may think of him as a dangerous man and not take him. Thankfully the car slowed down and the younger thought he could breathe again. The car window slowly went down revealing the driver. Jongup felt surprised. The man was wearing a dark shirt with two buttons open, it allowed a part of his tattooed chest to be seen. Jongup half closed his eyes trying to read, "Viva La Revolution". When he felt the driver's eyes on him, he looked at him back on the face only to see him smirk at him:

"Come on"

said the driver politely but his heavy voice made him look dangerous again. Jongup shut his lips, looking down and after taking a deep breath he enter the seat next to he man. That's when the other turned and smiled at him, he had a gummy smile, and he was really beautiful. But his gaze returned at the road in front of them, not wanting to disrespect the driver:

"My name is Bang Yongguk"

said the driver to take Jongup out of his worry. Jongup parted his lips and turned to look at him:

"Moon Jongup"

he said trying to be polite. Yongguk only smirked innocently before looking the road again. When Jongup finally arrived, he thanked Yongguk and the older waved at him with a small smile. Jongup walked the stairs to Daehyun's room with heavy steps, being still in pain. He remembered how polite Yongguk was, he didn't get in his business with questions. He shook his head with a side smile before stopping outside the older's door. He knock and bite his lower lip, afraid that Daehyun may throw him out this time. 

Soon Jongup could hear footsteps, Daehyun must be barefoot, probably he had woken him up. Daehyun opened the door with sleepy eyes but soon he widen them when he saw the condition his neighbor was in:

"Woah! Jongup, emmm...what happened?"

he said while checking him out fully, and made some space for the younger to come in. Jongup responded with a smile and entered. Daehyun used all his knowledge he had from school or TV to help him. Jongup kept a blank face and allowed the older to take help him. Not caring about the pain that hit him again when the older tried to clean the wounds. He wanted to smile at how cute Daehyun looked but he prevented himself from doing so. Once the older finished cleaning his wounds, Jongup had already fallen asleep.

Morning came and Jongup found himself waking up in panic. Of course Daehyun, who had already woken up, came out of the kitchen to calm him down. Jongup looked at him with his eyes wide open and slowly started to remember what had happened yesterday. He then tried to get up and after saying a quick 'Thank you' to the older, he walked out of his house. Leaving Daehyun behind confused. 

Jongup made sure he rests well before thanking Daehyun properly. He didn't want to own anyone anything, that's something everyone, who got close to him, knew. He took a shower even if it made his wounds burn. Soon it started to feel so good. 

It was now night, calmness ruled in the whole apartment. Daehyun had finished cleaning the house and his night shower. As he started to wear his pajamas, an unexpected knock on the door made him touch his heart and close his eyes, it scared him. He started walking towards the door and without checking he opened. His eyes widened and he parted his lips automatically. It was the younger, well dressed, standing there:

"Can I...come in?"

"Ah, yes. Of course"

replayed Daehyun after shaking his surprised expression away, and made some space for the younger to come in. Jongup walked inside with heavy and determined steps. Making Daehyun feel confused, he then proceeded to close the door. That's when the other turned his attention to him again:

"Daehyun, I owe you. And I want to clear all my businesses"

said Jongup, but the older tried to assure him:

"No, don't worry. There's nothing you can give me"

complained Daehyun. Before he manages to continue, the younger pushed him on the door, making the other hit his back with a thumb. It was a strong yet not harsh push, and the older let out a short scream of pain while shutting his eyes. He then immediately looked at Jongup scared:

"Why did you hit me?"

"I didn't hit you, I pushed you. So I can do this..."

replayed the younger and quickly approached Daehyun kissing him. The older had no time to react, it was a quick move and very sudden for Daehyun too. The kiss lasted only few seconds and it was soft. Daehyun could feel the warmth of Jongup's lips. Soon the younger broke the kiss and silence took over, they stared each other in the eyes and said nothing. 

Daehyun was breathless, staring in shock. Jongup was confused if the other liked it, and stressed if the older reacts negatively. But soon Daehyun pressed his lips together and cleaned his throat:

"Why...? Why did you do this?"

"You see, I...I thought...you would like it..."

replayed the younger in an almost silent and gentle tone:

"Daehyun..."

said Jongup and before the older manages to do anything, he felt the younger placing his hand gently behind his neck. He then approached once again, his eyes needy, looking Daehyun's ones. And kissed him again, but this time it was a more passionate and deep kiss. Daehyun placed his hands on Jongup's chest but didn't push him away. 

Jongup's hands started to find their way under the older's shirt and teased his s. Daehyun reacted with a sound of complain but was muffled from the kiss. Soon their lips parted and both tried to feel their lungs with air. As they were looking each other, both having needy eyes, Daehyun let his hands fall on the younger pants button. 

That's when Jongup smirked and kissed his neck while ing his pants. Once he succeeded he took Daehyun in his hug. The older's legs around his waist and his hands around Jongup's head, keeping him close as the younger kissed his neck and collar bones through his revealing shirt. Jongup took him in the bedroom and Daehyun didn't resist to whatever the younger did to him. 

Waking up, Daehyun had to admit to himself, that it felt perfect to wake up in Jongup's muscular arms. He smiled and moved his head on the arms feeling the soft skin. Which made Jongup wake up too and look at him, a smile slowly starting to form on the younger's lips. The got up, brushing their teeth together and ate the breakfast they cooked together. 

During eating, Daehyun smiled at Jongup, who was enjoying the food, before speaking: 

"So..., what have you been hiding so long?"

said Daehyun, making Jongup raise his eyes from his plate on the older. He let the fork down as he chewed on the remaining food in his mouth, and spoke honestly:

"I used to work for a gang sometime..."

"The two men from that night. Were also part of the gang?"

"...yes. But I refused anything that they told me. I recently went to tell them, to count me out"

"So that's why you came to my house bleeding, bruised"

"Yes"

replayed the younger while nodding in shame. Daehyun looked at him in the eyes and chuckled:

"Araseo"

and kept eating his food. Jongup felt surprised on how understanding the older was. Past was the past, either Jongup nor Daehyun wanted to look at it. Concentrating on their future, and trying to keep their relationship secret from the public. Avoiding to be judged by everyone or even attacked. Everything was perfect the way they weren't, no publicity or anything more was needed.