Forget

Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s note: I am so very, very, very sorry for the slow updates with Fallen >< but here it is – Chapter 18! Please do enjoy :)

------

What transpired that night is still a haze in your memory. You woke up with a slight headache, your eyes sore from the crying last night. You think back to last night, and you feel your throat constrict, threatening to push the tears back out again. All you can picture in your mind is the look of delirium on his face and his vice-like grip on you. Even the peaceful tranquillity of the morning threatens to be broken by the memory of his repeated apologies resurfacing. Moving deeper into the memory, you remember frisking him, moving from his face down the entire length of his torso. Yet you found nothing amiss - not even the slightest scratch - and you were sure that this memory was not tainted. Nothing about last night added up to any sort of logical scenario – so what the hell happened? The intense thinking made your head pound more, causing you to furrow your eyebrows. Hoping that a cold shower might wash your thoughts away, you attempt to move out from your bed, only to be alerted to a weight against your stomach, your eyes wandering downwards to find an arm draped across it.
 

Right – Younghyun – he was here with you ever since last night. You remember not being able to get him to move after his intense sobbing last night, the light literally leaving his eyes as he slumps down onto your bed. You figure he could stay for one night, and you'll question him in the morning – so here you were now. In a bed with his sleeping figure beside yours. Gently prying his fingers off you, you proceed without much success when he immediately fists the fabric of your shirt in his hand, not letting you go at all. He mumbles something incoherent as he pulls you back, and you have to lean down closer to hear his whispers. He sounds like he did last night with the repeated apologies, but this time round, he's chanting another word: Stay. You attempt to leave again, desperate for the cool water to relieve some of the tension in your body but his urgent pleading soon becomes frantic, and you turn to lie back by his side, a hand quickly coming up to smooth his hair. The action quickly placated the troubled boy lying beside you. His tight grip on your shirt releases, his voice quietening down till the only sounds left are of his soft breathing. Still, a small frown etches itself onto his face – even in his sleep, he's troubled. You use your thumb to smooth out the frown, but you know it does nothing to quieten down the storm in his mind.
What happened to you Younghyun-ah? What exactly are you apologising for?
---
The two questions trouble you but no matter how much you think about it, you don't get any answers. You avoid Younghyun for the rest of the week because seeing him only makes things worse. You try to get the answers discreetly from the team, but none of them give you anything remotely useful to work with. All Wonpil and Jae remember are chugging down drinks and laughing themselves silly afterwards, and Sungjin's last memory of Younghyun was asking him to buy ice cream but he never returned afterwards.
"What do you mean he never returned?"
"Only Dowoon came back with the things, saying that Kang Bra had rushed off somewhere but without giving him an explanation. Then the next thing I know, you're coming to find me to ask about that night. Like right now."
Sungjin then bows his head to go back planning for training sessions and it's clear that your time with him is over. Biting back a sigh of frustration, you straighten up from your hunched position over Sungjin, and your eyes land on the last person you want to see right now.
Kang Younghyun is standing right behind Sungjin, just a few feet away from you. His wrinkled school uniform brings back flashbacks of the fateful night and suddenly, you can't bear to look at him anymore. Him, on the other hand, stands unmoving as he continues to stare at you. You throw your bag over your shoulders as fast as you can, bidding goodbye to Sungjin in a hushed breath as he lifts an arm towards you in a noncommittal manner. Brian watches you until he can't anymore before moving up the space to stand beside Sungjin, his captain only registering his presence at this moment.
"Oh, you're here? Rachel just left though." is what Sungjin says, blissfully unaware of what just happened between the both of you.
---
For the remaining days, you avoided Younghyun like a plague. He just brought you more questions than answers and it was driving you insane. School was already giving you enough of a headache so the additional pressure was unwelcome. You avoided his usual hangout spots, the basketball court, the locker rooms. You even went so far as to not walk past his classroom if you could; you had his timetable lodged in your memory.

Despite your efforts, he still managed to find you. It was like a game of hide and seek that you can never win.

You'd catch sight of him walking towards you in between classes, feel him brush past your shoulders ever so slightly before turning into the next classroom.

Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter