Gummy Smile

Unconditional Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyoung and I have been officialy together for 4 months. We had the same school in elementary, I never knew that till she told me a year ago. We werent close, I just knew her as my friend's friend who owns a bar.


My first encounter with her, so I thought, was at some bar.


-flash back-

January 2017

I was alone, drinking my night away. The pressure of residency training is taking a toll on me. Plus I've been feeling homesick lately, I miss my family and my bestfriend Jennie had been MIA for awhile now. Just a little bit push I could bawl in this very place infront of many people I would not even care. I was having an argument with Lisa through the phone when someone poked my arms.

I cut the call sending a questioning look to her.

"Hello, I'm Rose, Yeri's friend. erm.. I was just gonna ask if you want to join us?" pointing at Yeri who excitedly waved her arms.

Yeri was an intern, just a year lower than me. I turned to the waiter in front of me and paid my drinks and looked back at Yeri. I tried to smile at her joining them.

"I see you spent your off too by drinking eh?" I asked trying to steady my voice.

"Yes sunbaenim, It's my birthday actually. Just one day with alcohol won't hurt. I'm glad you joined us, also, thank you for helping me the other day!" She said excitedly.

"Oh, Happy birthday. I didn't know." I greeted her, I felt bad. I cannot be as enthusiastic as her tonight but atleast I'm trying?

I sat at their table feeling a little bit comfortable. We talked about the hospital and what not but I could not focus. My phones been ringing nonstop. Chugging all the beer infront of me as I type an angry long message to Lisa. I keep declining her calls. I could feel someones peeking but I ignored it.


'Riiiing'

I excused myself to find a place where I could use my phone in peace.

After the call, I went back to Yeri's table to bid my goodbye. I can't stay here any longer. I feel like I would pass out any moment. Actually, I've been swaying all the way to them feeling very very nauseous. I clumsily opened my bag to find my purse trying to balance myself.

"What are you doing unnie, drinks on me." Yeri said

"Nah, this is my birthday gift to my nice hoobae, also I'm sorry I can't stay longer. I really wish you a happy birthday." I passed them a bill that could cover their entire order

"Keep the change too." I winked.

How many times I failed at winking, the tears I've been holding slowly escaped. Oh Shi.


Yeri hugged me I almost puked at her. I'm really dizzy.


"Unnie you don't have too. I got free drinks, Rose unnie owns this bar. Thank you for offering." I quickly wiped my face off of her shirt. I feel like a ninja. I'm glad no one saw. I put the bill back on my bag fast and bid goodbye. I'll just send her a gift tomorrow.

Outside the bar, I did not expected Rose to follow me and offer a ride home. Home meant hospital because that's where I practically lived.

'What is she doing?' I asked myself. She must've saw how pathetic I looked earlier.

I contemplated but the sincere look on her eyes giving comfort I eventually accepted her offer. The bitter feelings creeping up on me again. Lisa wouldn't even bother. Atleast, Rose was nice enough to offer. The ride was silent except for the brief Q&A's about the direction as I tried to hold my tears from falling.

'gag'

I breathed out slowly. Trying not to cry is not enough now I had to hold my incoming vomit. Ew.


Silence.


She must have sensed it since she played a music to ease whatever gloom happening inside her car. I felt sorry though I couldn't care much I was so upset and dizzy. When we reached the hospital, I said my thank yous fixing myself and walked carefully. I feel really drunk but I cannot let someone see me like this. I could get a punishment.


'Oh what was her name again?'

--

April 2017

The Second one was funny, few months past our first encounter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter