» Endless Bickering «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My bag is in class, how do you expect me leave without it? Plus, it's not like Mr. Kim wouldn't find out and I won't be in trouble!" rambled Naeun as she stood next to the door frame, convincing the guard to grant her permission to go to the washroom.

"I'm simply following the instructions that have been laid out to me. I'm not supposed to allow-"

"Some things aren't necessarily included in instructions, you just need to use your common sense!" she fired back, cutting him off mid-sentence.

"Stop acting smart and just head back to class!" pissed off, he finally raised his voice at her.

Kim Donghan's hysteric laughter further increased the urgency of her need to exit the room, felt was at the brim of loosing her sanity. Squirming on the floor with his right hand clasped against his stomach, he laughed his heart out at the wingless cupid, trapped in the same room with him, not even an ounce of sympathy did he feel at her embarrassed self.

Running out of patience, she snapped, "It's a call of nature, can't hold back. I'm sure you don't want me relieving my self by the door," knitting her eyebrows as frustration seeped deeper into her veins.

Taken aback, his eyes widened a fraction before he granted her the permission she so much needed. Speeding her way to the female washrooms, she abruptly shut the door, breathed a sigh of relief upon realising she was alone, hence the list of people who have witnessed her flushed, tomato like face wouldn't add up.

Splashing water onto her face, she started at her reflection. Her cheeks were still painted in a light shade of red as a result of what she had experienced earlier.

"Argh! I can't stand being in the same room with him, I just can't!" she furiously raffled her hair, before glancing once more as herself.

Now she looked like a total mess.

"Why is life so against me lately?" she frustratingly questioned, her mind drifting on a mini flashback ride of the events which occurred earlier when she attempted correcting her mistake, freeing her soul from the dungeon embarasment has locked her in...

-•Flashback•-

"We need t-o talk," she finally found her tongue.

Setting his pen aside, Donghan rested his chin on his palm as he patiently waited for her to speak.
Naeun had her eyes shut as she attempted to summon courage within her fragile self, felt was dumped in a loss of words yet once again.

"I didn't answer you back at the auditorium, when you asked me to tell when y-you've ever t-touched me i-inappropriately," the girl couldn't help but stutter as fear further shrouded her being.

"And... " his voice low and deep, he urged her to proceed.

"It actually was a misunderstanding on Hayoung's side. She just assumed the wrong stuff"

"And what made her do so?"

"Well... I-I," even after a prior mental practice on how she'd explain herself, Naeun couldn't mutter sensible excuses to get herself out of the mess she caused.

She took a deep breath to calm her nerves before proceeding, "I'm not sure why."

She knew she didn't sound convincing enough, thus lost the ability to even glance at his face.

She soon felt him shuffle in his position, before his chair screeched against the ceramic floor as he dragged it closer to her.

"She can't assume stuff without anything being said."

Biting on her lower lip, desperately in search for the right words to say in her defence, Donghan proceeded talking, snapping her from her trance.

"If you're extremely worried about that one lie and you want to free yourself from its sin," he briefly paused before resuming, "You can simply convert it into reality, and it shall no longer be a lie, hence the amount of lies your pretty lips have spat will reduce,"

Her eyes bulged, almost popping out of their sockets, upon hearing his reply. Chills rushed down her spine as she felt the back of his palm gently brush against her arm. On reflex, she turned towards his direction, only to be met with his face so close to hers, barely centimeters apart, wearing a smug grin, flashing her a wink the moment their gazes met.

"The !" Naeun forcibly pushed him off his chair, who landed with a thud on the floor against his back. His eyes formed tiny crescents as guffaws erupted from his mouth, finding the entire situation incredibly amusing.

Flustered, Naeun stood from her seat as she suddenly felt the need to spend some time by herself, claiming she urgently needed use the washroom.

- ••• -


Reluctantly heading back to class, she stole a glance at the subject of her shame, who looked seriously busy with his work, a contradiction of the image he displayed right before she stepped out of class.

Assuming he'd completely forgotten of how she just clowned herself a while ago, she decided to omit that memory from her head. Walking closer to him, she gathered her stuff from the desk beside his, before taking a seat at the farthest corner of the room.

Her heartbeat finally resuming it's normal pace, giggles erupting from Donghan's mouth made it adopt an irregular pattern yet once again. Can he just act like nothing happened? She thought as her eyebrows knit, suddenly feft ill at ease. If there's anything Kim Donghan was best in, it was making her existence feel like the most ridiculous joke ever, or so, she concluded.

Observing him from the peripheral view of her eyes, she noticed him stand on his feet before approaching her. The does he want? She thought with her eyes shut, pondering on whether she should remain seated, or proceed to shifting her position.

Before she could even reach for a conclusion, Donghan was already sitting right next to her, peering over her shoulder to steal a glimpse of her face.

"You're still red," he pointed out, a smirk plastered on his face.

Resolving to pick the latter, Naeun hastily began gathering her belongings, her actions coming to a halt upon Donghan speaking.

"You're afraid of a fellow human?" he teased, his smirk morphing into a mischievous grin.

Shooting him a glare, "That's ridiculous," she taunted, putting on a 'brave' masquerade to hide her fears as she sat back down.

"Hmm... Where should I start?" he tapped his chin, acting as if he's in deep thought, before snapping his fingers, "How did you know my name?" he questioned.

"You really won't let go of it, will you?", she cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Don't I have the right to know?"

Squinting her eyes, she averted her gaze from him as she tried recalling where she first came across his name. It definitely wasn't from Seulgi since she has never talked about him to her until recently. Son Seungwan, could it be her? Naeun mentally questioned as she slightly tilted her head to side. Donghan was now getting irritated, unable to handle the curiosity burning his insides, but thought it would be wiser to keep quiet and wait for her response.

Much to his dissapointment, she replied with "I can't seem to remember," while awkwardly scratching the back of her head.

His face morphing into a scowl had Naeun searching for the right words to say inorder to restore his bright mood.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter