» Detective Donghan «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I swear to God it was in my bag," muttered Donghan under his breath as he fetched for his assignment exercise book.

Having a hint of what was probably happening, Mr. Kim glared daggers at him before proceeding to collect Sejun's book, skipping Donghan.

"Perhaps you forget it at home," commented Sejun as he glanced at his seatmate.

"I swear I put it in here since yesterday night with my very own hands," Donghan was beginning to lose it, fury evident on his facial features.

He knew how "understanding" his mathematics teacher was. If he tells him that his book mysteriously disappeared, Mr. Kim would probably assume it's a lie invented for the purpose of fleeing from detention. He wouldn't even bother giving him a chance to find it cause once he sets deadlines, there's definitely no extending.

Anxious, he resolved to taking out each and every single item from his back pack in an attempt to find his book, but his efforts were to no avail. Clutching onto his forehead, he tried recalling where he possibly could have misplaced his book, but the only images which flashed before his eyes were those of him placing it in his bag before heading off to bed. Hopeless, he plopped himself on his seat, which screeched against the floor at the slight displacement caused by Donghan's impact on it, thus earning himself everyone's undivided attention.

Some looked curious, others slightly annoyed at the noise he just caused, while the rest wore concerned faces. Oh Hayoung was an exception as she was the only one who looked amused, as if fully aware of what was happening, and why. Donghan saw her, but his brain capacity was too overloaded with thoughts of his misery to even consider bothering with what that short haired girl hid behind her smirk.

Detention, the word gruesomely flooded his head, devouring every single bit of his mind. Just the thought of it was enough to exhaust each and every muscle tissue within his body, draining all of his energy away.

Kim Donghan, in the eyes of many, may seem like a simple, average student who's quiet smart, considering the fact his grades have always been decent enough to earn him one among the top five ranks in class, excluding the first one, which I'm sure you can already guess its owner. He hardly gets on the bad side of teachers, a down to earth student who only minds his own bussiness, definitely not your Mr. Popular, have-it-all y dude, 27/7 with a flock of desperate girls yearning for his attention, hot on his heels.

However, that doesn't make him flawless. Only a few know of the great weaknesses he has, hidden under his sleeves, which include; laziness and an unhealthy love affair, which he dedicates a huge fraction of his time to.

A loyal partner to whom he offers humongous love for...

His dear bed.

His seatmate knows best of the obsession his love affair infected him with, as he has witnessed Donghan, numerous times, mistake his desk for his dear lover.

Due to this, he hardly attempts any assignment unless a more strenuous punishment, be it physically or not, is promised upon failure of submission. Since he's obviously not willing to end up in a detention room, solving equations that are thrice the amount of those given as a takeaway assignment, Donghan never messes around with Mr. Kim's work. He makes sure he attempts them, even if it's in the last minute.

Sighing in defeat, he buried his face in his palms before laying on his desk, hoping that would help him regain some of his lost energy.

"Kim Donghan, where's your book?" Mr. Kim's stern question, overflowing with authority, snapped him out of his trance.

I wish I knew, he mentally replied while looking back blankly.

"I better see your face in class 10A, right after being released to go home," he commanded, enraged.

Once he was done scolding, Mr. Kim started his lesson with a bright smile on his face, which oddly irritated the guy who's just from witnessing his wrath.

Time passed as usual until eventually, classes were dismissed for lunch. Since Donghan was certain that he didn't misplace his book, he assumed a rival of his probably stole it during break time.

But who was this rival when he lacked the memory of having fought with any of his classmates?

"Jeon Jungkook!" he called out as he approached the one and only person he was sure didn't leave the classroom during break.

"What is it," he answered, merely whispered under his breath, without tearing his eyes off his chemistry book.

"Dude, look at me. What I'm about to tell you is definitely more important than that book," Donghan was successful in grasping Jungkook's attention.

"Make it quick," he replied, adjusting his spectacles.

"Listen, while you were in class during break, was there anyone else aside from Gahyeon who stayed back or got in later?" he asked while leaning closer, impatiently waiting for his response.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as he drowned into his thoughts, went on a mini flashback ride of his memories from break time, before she shook his head.

"You sure no one else was in class?" Donghan had his eyes wide open.

"No, why are you asking?"

"Well, someone stole my book. I'm sure you don't want me to conclude that you are the thief so, can you think harder," Donghan knit his eyebrows, irritated at the fact his only possible witness was clueless of what was happening in class when the theft was taking place.

"I don't remember seeing anyone come in or stay back aside from my seatmate, Gahyeon!" Jungkook defended himself.

Soon, the said girl approached the two upon noticing the tense atmosphere they shared.

"What's happening here?" she questioned her seatmate, but before he could even answer, Gahyeon had her shoulders tightly gripped by the desperate Kim Donghan.

"Gahyeon, when you brought snacks for Jungkook, did you see any other person present in class aside from him?" he asked.

The girl being questioned ran short of words, baffled at the close proximity between her and the interrogator.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter