Page 16

Destined to be Apart

MINA'S POV

We arrive at the damn museum. I still don't understand why he wants to come here. All this place has is old and stories about the antiques. 

I have one word to describe Kai.

That word is: Crazy.

"Let's go in!" He grabs my hand, dragging me into the boring place.

"Look, I don't understand-" I voice decreases at the end. My eyes widen and I look all around. My surroundings the environment, it's so amazing.

There's a tour inside the museum. Kai leads me to the bus and we get in. I have to say, this is pretty awesome. I mean, there are old everywhere, but this place made it look real. Like you were in the past. 

Tress are everywhere. It kinda reminds me a jungle, actually. 

I can't explain it.

"You like it don't you?" Kai smirks, already knowing the answer. I nod, speechless. "See it's nice right? So stop talking bad about museums." He playfully glares at me.

"Um Kai." I say, once I realize he's still holding my hand. "You're still holding my hand." I look at our hands and point at it with my free one. He quickly releases and takes it back.

"Oh sorry." He blushes and looks away. I only laugh.

"It's fine." I tell him. "So what do they have here?"

"Many things. First they're gonna take is to a food court, since the tour's pretty long." He replies. I nod. 

"How come the place is so big, and so different? It's amazing." I gaze at everything that passes us by. 

"Because it just is." He simply answers. 

The tour was pretty long. They went through all the historical stuff and had real holograms. It was awesome. They also had computer generalized dinosaurs in one room which made it look so real. But the sad thing is, we only got to look at the artifacts and all the old objects. We could've broken it.

I guess I take back my words.

Kai, if this was a first date, it would've been great.

"So where do you wanna go now?" He bumps my shoulder with his. "I'm craving cotton candy." His eyes glisten.

"Let's go get some them." I laugh. He leads us to a candy store. Wow, so many different types of candy. Chocolate. Sour candies. Lollipops. 

"I would like cotton candy." Kai says and points to the pink one. "Mina?" He says, asking me what I want.

"Same as you." I smile. He pays for the candy and we walk back outside. "It's such a beautiful day today." I say and bite at the cotton candy, which melts right away in my mouth.

"Not as beautiful as you." Kai says.

"Stop it." I shyly say. I'm not use to all the comments.

"I'm not lying though. I want you to know." He bites his cotton candy. "Oh god. I just love cotton candy so much, I'd marry it."

"What?" I say very confused. Never in my life have I heard anyone want to marry food, not to mention candy.

"I love cotton candy." He smiles and rips a piece off and puts in his mouth. "Yummy."

"You're strange." I say, shocked. Who knew someone could love candy this much.

"It's better than being normal right?" He grins. I playfully roll my eyes. "It's getting pretty late, do you wanna go home?" He asks me. I look at the time on my phone and it's almost 7pm. 

I guess I should go home. Bacon might be lonely. 

"Oh! So are you really close with bacon?" I ask Kai.

"Yeah." He laughs. "He's like my other best friend. Taemin and Baekhyun are like so different from each other. I really don't understand how I'm so close with them."

"Well, maybe they get you, you know?"

"Maybe. So hey, why does he call you his 'little angel.' I'm curious. I mean, you're not dating.." He scratches his neck.

"I'm always dressed as an angel for Halloween." I grin. "I call him 'bacon' so he wants to call me something as well." I shrug.

"So you're really close with him, right?" I nod. Why's he asking so many questions? "Do you." He pauses. "Like him?" He says. I can see he's a bit embarrassed for asking such a question.

"Why?" I ask him teasingly. "Would you be jealous?" I poke his shoulder. 

"Psh no! I mean, you guys are close so I was curious, okay?" He scrunches his face. I laugh.

"No I don't. He's like my brother." Kai nods.

"Interesting." He has a mysterious smile on.

"Anything else you wanna ask?" I say sarcastically. "Actually. Yes." I see how he hesitates to say his words. "Go on a date with me next week?" He blurts. Wait wait wait, what? Did he just ask me to go on a date with him? Kai? Am I dreaming or..? Why does he even wanna go on a date with me? 

"What?" I say slowly and surprised. 

"Go out with me. I promise you it'll be better than today." He grins.

"But I liked today." I smile at him. He blushes.

"So.. What's your answer?" He nudges me and stops walking. I'm guessing we're already at my house.

"Is the grass green?" I giggle and take my key out to unlock the door.

"Yes?" He tilts his head and slightly smiles. I step into my house.

"Goodbye Kai." I give him a wave and shut the door. Oh my freaking gosh. Did he just ask me out? On a date? Why am I getting so worked up on it? It's just Kai. Kai, the cute and hot guy.

I smile and walk in the kitchen, seeing that bacon's making food.

"You're all smiley today. Did anything happen?" He asks as he flips the eggs.

"Kai just asked me out on a date." I say.

"Oh. Didn't know you liked him." He raises his eyes.

"I didn't know either." I chuckle and sit at the dining table, waiting for bacon to finish cooking food. "You know, we should hang out. I mean, you're always at home." I pout.

"Says who?" He laughs.

"Well, I assume that. I always see you here." 

"Fine. I'll hang out with you and your friends."

"Good. You'll like them. You already know Kai, so that's good." I grin. Bacon finishes cooking and places all the dishes on the table. Wow, whoever marries bacon is lucky. He's husband material! He cooked eggs and steak, mashes potatoes and corn.

Since we just got back, we're still kinda American.

"You're such a good cook." I say as I cut my steak.

"Thank you." He smiles. 

"You know what Kai asked me today?" I ask him. He shakes his head and eats the corn. "He asked if I liked you." Bacon laughs.

"I can tell he has a little crush on you. Whenever we would hand out. All he ever talks about is you." He tells me. I widen my eyes.

"Seriously?" So Kai asking me out next week's for real? Like he actually likes me? Bacon nods. 

I'm flattered. I mean. This really hot, nice guy asked me out. So why not take a chance? This opportunity probably only comes once in a while.

"Bacon.. I just realized something." I lift my head to look at bacon instead of my food.

"What is it?" He raises an eyebrow, putting his fork down so he can listen to what I'm about to say next.

"How are we gonna pay for the house? We're 17 and jobless." I state. The fact just hit me now. We have no money. No job. Bacon has a car, since his parents let him have some money to buy one. I don't wanna be a burden to his parents. Not now, since we just got to Korea.

I mean we have money, but not that much. We can live though.

"Oh.." He thinks for a second. "You're right. Wow." He sighs. "I guess we'll have to either find a job, or move to an apartment." He picks at his food and eats it.

"I guess. The house is already paid for the month. So we have a month to figure everything out." 

Once we're done eating. I help bacon clean up and wash the dishes. We say goodnight and I hurry off into my room. I lay on my bed and think.

I really miss you mommy. How could you leave? Without even a goodbye? I get off my bed and walk to my desk, that's never been moved since I left for America. I sit on the chair and rest my chin on my palms. I wonder where my bear is.. It's really the only thing I have left of my mom.

"Ugh. I lost it and I'll never find it." I groan and hit my head against the desk. "Why am I so careless?"

That bear, my mom made it for me. I know it's nothing special, like a ring or a necklace but my own mom made it for me. So I'm really grateful towards her. I just with I could find it again. I sigh and lay my head on the desk.

"Should I snoop around my room? It's been a while." I talk to myself.  I walk to my closet and look at the kiddy pictures on the wall, behind all the clothes. I drew it. But who else did I draw it with? I never draw people looking that ugly. I chuckle to myself as I inspect the drawing. It's been here for years, yet I can't remember.

My memory .

The drawing had a boy and a girl bolding hands. With a beautiful house and grass. A smiling sun. 

This is a typical 3 year old drawing.

But seriously, the drawing of the girl is so ugly. I mean, her hair is everywhere and her eyes are huge. But what's worse is her feet was drawn as a dogs paw.

When I looks at the guy, he looks so cute. Okay, I'm very positive that I drew him, and not the girl. No doubt about it.

I continue and walk back to my desk. I open up the drawers, which there's only two. I look through them, there isn't much. I sit back down on the chair and lay my head down. 

-----

I slowly open my eyes and stretch. I fell asleep on the desk. Great, just great. Now my back hurts. I look at the desk again and notice there's a note, right under my lamp. I lift the lamp up and take out the note. I read it.

My dear sweetheart,

I'm really sorry it had to be like this. I didn't want it too, but I guess fate just changed it's mind. I knew I had heart problems, and I didn't want you to know, especially because your father and I have always been fighting. I didn't want you to worry. The doctor had said I had one more month with you until I do die, but it all changed.

I'm writing this in the hospital. If you're wondering how it's in your room now, I asked the doctor to kindly leave it there. I'm really sorry sweetie.

I'm sorry it had to end up this way.

Why did I let you leave? Why didn't I let you stay with me? It's easy to answer because, I've been having minor heart problems. I sent you away, the doctor said it had gone worse. I didn't want you to see me in my horrible state. Plus, you really needed to change that attitude of yours missy!

I joking really, but I have a friend. I asked her and she said she would love to take care of you, but then she got a job overseas. She has a son. He's really nice. I've met him. I talked to him, and he said he didn't mind sharing his house, considering he lives alone. He'd love to have company. That is, if your having problems at home. I actually think he softened  up because of my state that I'm in. But don't worry, he promised to take care of you. I've left you with money, it's not much but you'll live!

Here's the address: 5258 Ice Cream St.

And that friend of yours that you bringing home. Is he nice? Is he your BOYFRIEND?! I'm sorry I don't get to meet him. He better treat you well.

Anyways, I love and miss you. Again, I'm really sorry sweetie.

Love, your mom.

I sob, and sob, and sob. I can't believe this. I move my knees to my chest and cry in the space between. The not still in my hands. I love you mommy.

"Hey Mina, can I borrow-" I hear a voice, as the door opens. His voice decreases in volume as he sees me. He doesn't say anything. All he does he walk closer to me, turns me around, and put my in his arms. He's so warm, and caring. Why can't my dad be like this? He's not, cause he ing left us. He left me. My cries and tears get worse as I think of all my family problems.

Bacon understands and just pats my back and tries to calm me down.

I finally stop crying and control myself. We eat our breakfast in the living room. Him, now reading the note my mom left me. I focus on my food, not paying attention to the t.v. Many things roam around my mind. 

My family left me. Bacon's the only one I have, close to a family member. School's in a few days. We have a month to figure out what to do about this house. What if I actually go to the house my mom told me too? Is the guy that lives there nice? 

"Are we moving here?" Bacon only asks.

"I don't know." I shrug, depressingly. He nods, noticing that I really didn't want to talk about anything.

-----

@emrd15: Haha really? OMG I KNOW. Kai is such a AHAJSJS. No words can even describe him. BUT, my bias is BAEKHYUN <3 HE SO AHSJSJSJSJ. I was gonna make himhave a crush on Mina, but I changed my mind. Haha. Thank you! Actually, I have ideas now xD Well, sorta(:

@N1C0L33C0RN: AWW really? Thanks! That means a lot. It's okay though, I have you guise(: