it's oppa to you

Juice Cartons | Jaeyong NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And then,” Jaehyun took a deep breath, “he totally fell asleep!”

Ten laughed. “Wow, talk about anti-climatic.”

“It was such a good moment, ugh,” Jaehyun said, drinking another shot.

Winwin snorted. “It wasn’t that huge a moment, to be honest. If you want to confess, you should do it grand but like also subtle. See what I mean?”

They were sitting in a seedy side-street restaurant, drinking soju and gossiping over all the stuff Ten had missed. It had been a whole day since Jaeyong had made up and Jaehyun was going slightly crazy wondering what would happen next.

He said, “No, Winwin, I don’t see what you mean. It’s not like you actually confessed to—”

Winwin shot him a look.

“Okay, okay.” He held up his hands, surrendering the topic. “Besides, Taeyong’s older, don’t you think he should make a move?”

“What sort of ty logic is that?” Winwin said.

Ten was quiet before he downed a shot too. “I don’t know, man. 95 line is kind of really bad at this whole love thing, I guess.”

The other two hummed in affirmation, silence quickly overtaking the table.

“Wait, did something happen?” Winwin asked Ten. Jaehyun looked at him in concern too.

“No, no.” Ten shook his head. “Nothing happens.” He turned to the restaurant owner. “Can we have another bottle, please?”

Jaehyun and Winwin exchanged looks.

Ten laughed. “Guys, it’s nothing. Seriously. I think the alcohol is getting to me.”

“It’s really late and we’ve already drunk way past our limit. We should go,” Jaehyun said.

“Just one more bottle,” Ten pleaded cutely.

Winwin replied, “Okay but I’m not drinking.” He watched as the other two clinked glasses. “Your aegyo is horrendous, Ten.”

“You hate me ‘cause you ain’t me, .” Ten laughed.

An hour later, Winwin was somehow dragging along his two absolutely drunk friends. He muttered, “See this is why I said no more drinks. Who even drinks so much?”

Jaehyun was not a loud drunk. He just went real quiet and spaced out. Directing him to walk without faltering was the only problem. That and listening to his vehement whispers of “I’m not drunk, Winwin-ah. I never get drunk.” Ten, on the other hand, thought belting out old One Direction songs at three in the night was hilarious and proceeded to sing and giggle every chance he got.

Winwin told him to shut up, not very politely too, and pushed the two of them into the dorm. He deposited Ten on the couch with a “If I hear any sound remotely relating to living while we’re young, I’m going to throw you out. And you,” he pointed to Jaehyun, “just go to sleep.”

Jaehyun nodded. “Okay, Francis Bacon.”

“Wha—never mind, I don’t want to know. Good night. I hate you both.”

Ten mumbled something sounding suspiciously like, “You won’t find a 10/10 like me anywhere.”

Jaehyun stood in the living room long after Winwin closed his bedroom door and Ten fell asleep. Frowning, he opened his bedroom door, only to find Haechan playing away at his console. Jaehyun stared at him but his mind was totally blank. He was aware that he was supposed to say something but at the moment he was having difficulty remembering even names. It was at the tip of his tongue but he couldn’t say it. It was no use concentrating.

“It’s too late, umm, what’s your name, umm Mark’s friend?” Jaehyun managed finally. “Just do that recharge thing.”

Haechan quirked an eyebrow. “Boy, you’re drunk. You don’t remember my name? And it’s sleep not recharge, .”

“It’s oppa to you,” Jaehyun said, nodding to himself. “And your name is…”

“Dong—?” prompted Haechan, slowly. “Never mind. How about Hae—?

“Donghae sunbaenim!?”

“Oh my god, how much did you drink?” Haechan asked. “It’s Haechan and you’re hyung not oppa. Ugh, why do I even deal with adults?” He turned back to his game. Suddenly, an evil expression dawned on his face.

“Let me get some water,” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter