You're Stupid

Now I'm In Love

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

“Don’t you dare.” I told him through gritted teeth. He stopped and looked at me for a moment, and then he smirks and threw the food he’s holding to Jessica’s direction. Everybody laugh except for my friends and when they saw that we aren’t laughing, the laughter died and everybody looked at us. No one dared to say a word.

“You mad for what I did? Huh Taeyeon?” Nickhun asked. And I can see Fany from the corner of my eye shaking her head. “I didn’t know you got a soft heart for a nerd.” He added.

“Nickhun that’s enough.” Tiffany said. “Taeyeon he's just hang over. I’m sorry about this.” She tried to apologize on behalf of her boyfriend.

“Babe, I’m not even sorry for this. She’s a nobody. Who would want to protect that ?” Nickhun pushed. “You wouldn’t want to be on this side right?” he continued. “You wouldn’t want to ruin your reputation as the ‘most popular’ right?” he said. I waited for him to finish talking. I sat at the table and waited for him to finish, I signaled my friends to do the same. We just sat there waiting for Nickhun’s next move. “I thought so.” He smirked and turned his attention to Jessica. I looked at Jessica and she’s staring at me, her eyes getting glossy, I smiled at her and mouthed, ‘you’re safe with me, remember?’ and she smiled. I won't let him get away with this. 

I got some glass from the table we’re sitting and waited for Nickhun to turn his back from us. When he’s about to kick Jessica, I threw him the whole glass. It collided at his back and he groaned from the glasses that scratched his back.

“What the hell?!” he exclaimed and turned his attention back to us.

“Have we told you that we don’t care about our reputation?” Yuri said and smirked. “Hey Nickhun? Have you seen us kick before?” she asked. Nickhun shook his head, and my friends and I laughed. The other students laughed, too.

“Why are you guys laughing?” Yoona asked the other student and their laughter died. “Hey miss?” Yoona approached Jessica. “Who else made fun of you?” she asked.

“Uh… them.” She pointed at Nickhun’s friends. Sunny approached Jessica and helped her up. “Thanks.” Jessica smiled at Sunny.

“Did they hurt you? Do you want some of my sandwich?” Sunny asked her.

“I’m fine. And I’m full, thank you.” Jessica replied.

“You should bring her to the infirmary and give her new clothes to wear.” I told them. “Go with them Fany.” Tiffany hesitated first but she gives in when she saw Jessica limping.

“Please don’t hurt him too much.” She told us.

“We promise.” I assured her. “I’m not sure with Yuri though.” I told her. She nodded and disappeared with Sunny and Jessica.

“Would you want it to be here or at the field?” Sooyoung asked them.

“Is this your table?” Yuri asked them. When no one answered, Yuri slammed her fist on the table.  “Is this the jock’s table?” she asked them more harshly. And they nodded.

Yuri’s fist collided with Nickhun’s face. Nickhun groaned and tried to land a punch on Yuri’s face, but Yuri dodged it and kneed Nickhun’s face. Nickhun lay on the floor groaning. His friends tried to back him up but Yoona, Sooyoung and I stopped them and kicked their asses as well. They were groaning on the floor and we kicked them one last time.

“Don’t ever think about coming back to Tiffany. She doesn’t deserve someone who only cares about some stupid reputation.” Yuri told him. “I don’t ever want to see your face ever again.” she added.

“That’s enough Yul. I guess he understand now.” Yoona told her.

I dialed my dad’s number and waited for him to answer. “Hey dad?... Can we cancel school today?... There’s some fight here in the cafeteria today… no, no, no… I’m fine dad… they were bullying one of my friends… no, not them… my new friend… yes, she’s fine… yes dad, she’s a girl… ugh!... can you just cancel our school hour right now?... I’ll tell you what happened when I get home… okay, thanks dad… please don’t tell mom… she’ll be hysteric about this… okay. Bye… oh wait!... I guess you need to replace the jock’s table here… okay. Thanks dad.” I ended the call and told the students that the rest of the day is cancelled and that they can go home now.

My friends were on the door of the cafeteria already. I told them to go ahead and I’ll be right behind them they nodded and proceed to the infirmary. I made my way to a lying Nickhun on the floor and punched him on the face. “Don’t ever think about hurting one of my friends, this is just a warning. Do it again and I swear I’ll kill you.” I told him through gritted teeth. I punched him one last time. I made way to the guy who tripped Jessica. I punched him and said, "Hurt her again and I'll destroy you." With that, I exited the cafeteria and made my way to the infirmary. When I got there, I saw Jessica and my friends talking. They were laughing about something and I have an idea it’s about what Yoona said or Yoona made fun of herself. I looked around and noticed that Yuri and Tiffany were nowhere to be found.

“They’re at the bleachers talking.” Sooyoung said. “Is it weird that Yuri was so mad earlier because Nickhun made fun of Jessica?” she asked. I shrugged and tell her to continue, “And when she punched him one last time, she told him to stay away from Fany when he didn’t do anything to Fany?” Sooyoung said furrowing her brows.

“What do you mean?” I raised my eyebrows at her. “He is Fany’s boyfriend. He basically hurt Fany’s feelings for just being a stubborn douche and continued to make fun of Jessica and not listened to Fany when she said to stop.” I pointed out.

“Well, I know that. But I know you know there’s something more from that.” she replied. “We aren’t dumb. We know there’s something going on with Yuri. ” she added. “We’ve been friends since 1st grade, so I know when she likes someone.” she told me.

“What are you talking about? So you’re telling me she likes Fany?” I asked her shocked.

“Don’t play dumb with me Taeyeon.” she told me. “It’s obvious. I mean, I know even Yoona noticed it.” she said looking at Sunny and Yoona. "I'm pretty sure Sunny knows, too. That girl is good with this kind of things." she said. 

“I guess it’s really obvious. Too bad Fany is so oblivious to what’s really happening.” I sighed and sat beside Jessica. “Are you okay?” I asked her.

“No. My foot is numb. The nurse said I can’t walk forever.” She pouted. “I’ll be stuck at our house and I can’t kick you anymore.” She frustratedly said and we all laughed.

“Too bad. I guess I’ll have to carry you, huh?” I told her. “Can she go now?” I asked the nurse and she nodded. I picked up Jessica and carry her bride style.

“What’re you doing? Put me down.” She said in surprise.

“You can’t walk remember? So shut up and be still.” I told her and we both smiled. I saw Sooyoung gave me a knowing look and a smirk. I shrugged her off and just continued with what I’m doing.

"For a short woman, you're strong." Jessica said. I stopped and looked at her. I pretended to drop her and she hugged me tight. "Yah! Don't do that!" she said scared. 

"Take it back!" I said and pretended to drop her. She hugged me tightly laughing. 

"Yah!" she squealed and hit my arms. "Okay okay! I take it back! You're not that short!" she said in between her laughter. I grinned and stopped. 

I didn't realize how close we were when I stopped laughing. Is she always this beautiful? I thought. We were looking at each other longer than we should until the nurse called our name. 

“Hey. You forgot your clothes.” The nurse said. She hand Jessica her blouse and black shirt. She’s wearing a black shirt? I thought. That’s impossible. There’s no way it's her. I shrugged my thought away and continued walking with a frozen Jessica in my arms.


*Tiffany's P.O.V*

I told Yuri that we need to talk, so I brought her here in the bleachers.

“What do you want to talk about?” she asked as she sat at the bleachers chair.

“Why are you so mad at Nickhun?” I asked her as I made my way to sit beside her.

“He’s a douche. And he hurt you.” she replied.

“He did not hurt me. Yes, he’s a douche sometimes, but he’s good when he’s with me.” I defended.

“You were with him when he tried to kick Jessica.” she looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. “He didn’t listen to what you said. He’s a jerk and you know that.” she added.

"Okay, maybe he's a douche. But that doesn't explain why you were so mad at him." I told her. 

"Isn't him being a douche reason enough for me to be mad?" she reasoned. But I don't believe her. 

“Before the cafeteria fiasco, you were so mad at him when I introduced him to you guys.” I asked. “Did he do something to you in the past?” I added.

“No. He didn’t do anything.” she answered. “I’m mad at him because he’s your boyfriend.” she said emphasizing ‘my boyfriend’.

“So? You’ve met my boyfriends before. Why is Nickhun different from them?” I pushed. She’s hiding something from me.

“He’s no different from them. I’m mad at them as well.” she answered. “And I’m ing mad at you as well!” she exclaimed. Why is she mad at me?! I didn’t even do anything. I thought.

“Why are you mad at me?!” I asked her, desperate to know the answer.

“Because you’re you!” she shouted. And I swear the whole school heard that.

“What’s wrong for being me? Last time I checked, I did not do anything to you!” I shouted at her. She’s so confusing.

“That’s why I’m mad at you! You’re not doing anything!” she shouted again. “You’re just being yourself.” she said more calm than before. “I’m mad at you because you’re so dumb.” she took a step forward towards me. “You always fell with a wrong person.” she wiped my tear away with the pad of her fingertips. I didn't even realized that I was crying.  “I hate you because you’re not doing anything about it. You’re just letting them hurt you.” she caressed my cheek. “And I hate you because you’re so stupid.” she kissed my forehead and turns her heels away. She disappeared after that little moment. I shut my eyes closed and let my tears flow.


You’re stupid Yuri.