Chapter 5

Without Words

“Fuck. I’m too lazy to come to class. I think something unusual is gonna happen.” Sunny mumbled.

“Hmm. I wanna see him anyway. I better get up now.” She motivated herself.

 

When she arrived at the classroom she immediately looked for Hyoyeon. She saw Hyoyeon’s bag.

“Wow. She’s too early. Where could she be?” She asked herself.

 

Sunny was 30 minutes early for class so she roam around the school hoping she will bumped into Geun Suk again. She failed. She didn’t see him. While passing through an empty classroom, she heard someone talking.

 

Sunny overheard someone saying “I want you back. I want us back. Can we work this out again?”

She was so curious about it that she stole a look on the person talking. It was Hyoyeon. She’s crying over Geun Suk.

 

“Say something! I know it’s been a year since we broke up. I pretended nothing happened until I thought I’m already over it. I diverted my attention on my studies. I stopped partying because I want you to realize that I can change. Buy you didn’t see it. I even have to do this just to make you realized that I can change for you. I still love you, oppa.” Hyoyeon said.

 

Geun Suk, as always, was silent but sunny can see that on his eyes how Hyoyeon’s words moved him. Hyoyeon can’t take that Geun Suk doesn’t say a word that she just cried. When Sunny thought that the drama was over,  she was about to go when she saw Geun Suk then grabbed Hyoyeon and hugged her tight.

 

“Stop crying. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry I was so harsh.” Geun Suk softly said.

 

The bell rang and Sunny rushed into their classroom. She was so distracted about everything that even her classmates noticed it. When Hyoyeon arrived, she immediately said hi to Sunny. Her vibe was very different than when Sunny saw her earlier. It’s liked she just bloomed but still she can’t hide that she just cried.

 

“Are you okay? It’s like you’re sick or something?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I’m just not in the mood. That’s it. How bout you? Did you just cry?” Sunny asked back.

“Yeah. I did. Actually I had a talk with Geun Suk early this morning. I said I want him back.” Hyoyeon started.

 

Sunny pretended to listen and look at Hyoyeon as if she is interested about the story but the truth is, she is just interested about how Geun Suk reacted and how the things are working now with them. Hyoyeon continues to talk.

 

“So what’s status between you and Geun Suk now? Are you guys together again?” Sunny interrupted.

“It wasn’t clear. But I think he still in love with me. Maybe we’ll have dates first until we are settled.” Hyoyeon said.

“Thanks to you, Sunny.” Hyoyeon added.

“If it wasn’t because of you, this will not happen.” Hyoyeon continues.

 

Sunny just kept silent about it. Then Hyoyeon started fishing about Sunny and Geun Suk’s friendship.

 

“So, how did you two meet? Is he good to you? Hmm. He’s really snob, so just don’t mind him if he’s being mean.” Hyoyeon stated.

“At the fire exit. He’s the guy I am talking about. Sometimes he is, but often times he’s not.” Sunny answered.

“Wait, I just remembered, didn’t you say you had a crush on him?” She interrogated.

“Did I say that? Maybe you just misinterpret it. I just said he’s cute.” Sunny denied.

“Anyway, lots of girls liked him because his handsome. He was even popular on our school.” Hyoyeon bragged.

 

During lunch time, Hyoyeon asked Sunny if she wanted to have lunch with her but sunny passed.

 

“Where’s Sunny?” Geun Suk asked.

“Oh, she said she’s not hungry. I think she’s sick.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Really? Well she better go home now before it gets to something serious.” Geun Suk shows his concerns.

 Hyoyeon just looked at him weirdly.

 

Classes are on going but still Sunny kept silent and looked so bothered. When it was already dismissal, she just said goodbye to Hyoyeon and head home.

 

At home, while concentrating on her assignment…

“Argh. Why am I too tired to function? I didn’t even move at my seat at school.” Sunny wondered.

“Is it about what I saw this morning?” Sunny asked herself.

“Why am I like this? I should be happy for Hyoyeon. Sigh.” She said again.