Chapter 4

Without Words

“It’s already 1:03pm. Where is he?” Sunny whispered to herself while standing in front of the school waiting for Geun Suk.

Then, someone poked her back. It was Geun Suk.

“Hey!! You’re late!” Sunny said.

“No, I’m not. You are just early.” Geun Suk defended.

“So, where are we going?” Sunny asked.

“You decide. You’re the one who is excited to go.” Geun Suk teased.

“I’m not excited. Maybe you are. HAHA!” Sunny teased back.

“Seriously. Where do you want to go?” He asked.

“Hmmmm. I’m not familiar to any of the places here. I just moved in remember?” She said.

They silently think a place to go.

“Geun suk, Is there a park nearby??” Sunny curiously asked.

“Yes. Why?” Geun Suk asked back.

“Can we go there? I really just wanna relax right now.” Sunny answered.

“Relax? In the park? Is that really a place to relax?” Geun Suk suk asked thinking she is way to weird.

“Yes! Park is so relaxing. Plus, I wanna play on the playground and eat some street foods.” Sunny explained.

“So childish! Whatever you say kiddo. Let’s go now!!” He teasingly said.

Sunny smiled so charmingly to Geun suk but he just rolled his eyes.

 

At the park Sunny saw everything what she wanted to see. Little kids, playground, street foods, pets. She was so excited to try everything she saw. She wanted to play with kids, play at the playground, and eat food she sees. Geun Suk was silent all along while Sunny was stunned by everything. When suddenly a little boy tripped in front of them, he cried out loud that everyone stared at him.

 

“Hey, are you okay? Stop crying. It’s okay. It’s just a bruise, little boy. Stand up.” Sunny comforted.

The boy stands up and looks at sunny. Geun Suk saw what Sunny did and secretly smiled.

“Do you want an ice cream? My treat.” Geun Suk insisted.

He grabbed the boy’s hand and led him to the ice cream stand.

“Come on. Let’s buy him an ice cream.” Geun Suk said to Sunny.

She just smiled and followed them. While sitting down at the bench and eating ice cream, the boy’s mother saw them runs to her they said thank you and left. They’re both quiet and only the noise of their surrounding are left. Finally someone opened a topic.

 

“That was so kind of you. I never thought you’ll do that kind of thing.” Sunny complimented.

“I thought you don’t like kids.” She added.

“I never said I don’t like them. I just don’t like it whenever they are getting hyper and crying whenever they don’t get what they want.” He explains.

Sunny just smiled at him and said “Come on. Let’s go to the playground.”

“No way!! It’s for kids! We’re like 18! We can’t go there!!” Geun Suk hysterically said.

“I want go!!” Sunny screams and acted like a child the Geun Suk described a while ago.

“That’s what I’m saying! That’s what I hate the most!” Geun Suk uttered.

 

Sunny did it again and again until Geun Suk laughed. They ended up going to the playground anyway and played until they get too sweaty. Then, Sunny’s phone rings. It was Hyoyeon calling.

 

“Hey, where are you? I’m at the mall near our school. I need your help I can’t pick the right dress for me. I like your taste when it comes to fashion. Can you come here PLEASE!!?” Hyoyeon said.

“I’m at the park right now with my debate partner. I’ll ask him first.” Sunny replied.

“Him? Wow. Is it a date? Hey! You’re fast! You just moved into our school and you already have a date? Wow!” Hyoyeon teased.

“No! Silly! It was just an activity for our debate.” Sunny clarified.

“Is that so? Well, I’ll hang up now. Text me if you guys will go here.” Hyoyeon ended.

 

“Hey, can we go to the mall? My friend just called. She said she needed my opinion about the dress she wanted. Can we??” Sunny asked.

“Let’s go. I’m going there anyway.” Geun Suk said.

 

While walking, Sunny called Hyoyeon.

“Hey, where are you? We’re already here. Let’s meet at the entrance.” Sunny said.

“I’m already here.”

 

From a far, Hyoyeon saw Geun Suk walking with Sunny. She felt awkward about it.

 

“Hyoyeon!!” Sunny said.

 

Geun Suk was shocked when he heard Hyoyeon’s name but pretended he wasn’t bothered and just smiled at her.

 

“How are you?” Geun Suk asked.

“I’m okay. How about you?” Hyoyeon replied.

“Fine.” Geun Suk said,

 

“Hey. You guys know each other? Sunny asked.

“Yes. He was….” Hyoyeon was about to explain when Sunny talks again.

“Is he, by any chance the one that you said you’re ex boyfriend?” Sunny interrupted.

“Yes.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Oh. Sorry. Anyway, where’s the dress you wanted to show me?” Sunny changed topic.

“Oh yeah. It’s on the second floor. Let’s go.”

 

They all went to the store but no one dares to talk. Sunny felt awkward about it and wants to hurry home. When she already saw the dress, she told Hyoyeon her opinion about it. It was positive and Hyoyoen was convinced so she bought it.

 

“I’m hungry. Let’s eat.” Hyoyeon insisted.

 

While eating, Sunny saw how Hyoyeon and Geun Suk talked to each other. She felt that they really missed each other and they need time alone to catch up so she went home first.

 

“Guys, I need to go home. I really tired already.” Sunny excused herself.

“Okay. Take care. Thanks again. See you on Monday!” Hyoyeon said.

“Hey, take care. Don’t forget to make your reaction paper!” Geun Suk reminded her.

“Okay. I won’t.” Sunny replied.

 

On her way home, Sunny felt weird about what happened. She began to think repeatedly that Hyoyeon and Geun Suk were ex-lovers.

 

“Let’s go now. I still have papers to do.” Geun Suk said, cutting off the conversation.

“Oohh. Okay.” Hyoyeon answered.

 

Geun Suk started typing his reaction paper.

 

“Our activity went well.” He started.

“We chose to go on a park, a very childish place to visit. On our way there, I was so silent because I don’t like the place. I don’t like the ambiance at all. But when I saw her helping the boy who fell on his face because he is running, her reaction caught my attention. I thought she will just laugh at the boy, but no, she didn’t. Instead she helped the boy and comforted him.” He enlightened.

 

“I take back what I said about her. She’s not annoying. She’s kind. At first I thought this will be boring. I will just be annoyed by her stupidity. But, no, she’s not stupid. I am thankful about this activity because I had the chance to get to know her better.” He continues.

“Her charming ways made me realize that she is not weird at all. She’s just like others only better.” Geun Suk ended.