Chapter 09

Just Friends

Chapter 09

What the hell is going on?

 

“If I didn't know better, I would say he's interested in you,” Hyung Woo commented during that Saturday evening.

“I know right?” Nam Soon sat down between him and Won Geun with his pint of beer, ”dunno what's going on.”

“Maybe he somehow felt like he was being left behind when he met us that day?” Won Geun risked, but Nam Soon just shrugged.

“Or he’s bisual?” Nam Hyuk stared at them, and they kept quiet for awhile, until Nam Soon laughed slightly after swallowing a large gulp.

“Common, I've known him for all these years, I would have know if he was bi,” he shook his head.

“Well, maybe he is still realising it now?”

Nam Soon faced him with raised eyebrows, and smirked, “are you talking about yourself or Heung Soo?”

“Not me!” Nam Hyuk gestured with his hands, quickly shaking his head, “I'm sure I'm straight!”

Nam Soon nodded with a smile on the corner of his lips, “Ok, if you say so,” he mumbled, picking his phone that was ringing on his pockets.

Hey stranger.”

Nam Soon's smile widened.


 


 

Kyun Sang was waiting for him in front of his building. Nam Soon checked his phone - it was still half past six. Heung Soo would probably only be home around eleven, or he might not even be home this night. Perfect. He had the entire apartment for them this night.

He smiled when he approached him, and Nam Soon noticed that he was holding a bag with some soju bottles. After meeting diferent guys these last few weeks he had kinda forgotten about him, but now that he saw him again he was a bit excited about it - waiting was a nice experience after all.

“So, Heung Soo won't be home tonight?” he asked while Nam Soon opened the door for his apartment, looking around as if he were suddenly going to show up.

“No,” Nam Soon smirked while he locked it behind them, “just us.” He wasn't really sure though, but there were high possibilities that he would sleep at Eun’s anyway.

“So, it will be only both of us tonight?” Kyun Sang showed an mischievous smile that Nam Soon quickly returned.

“Seems promising right?” he said as he watched the other placing the soju bottles over the kitchen table. He stared around, probably looking for the glasses, but Nam Soon’s eyes were now focusing on his lips, and slowly going down to his neck and collarbone. And suddenly he remembered the photo that was still properly kept on his phone.

“Where do you keep the shot glasses?” he questioned, his face looking up at Nam Soon now, that was closer than he expected. Who cared about soju?

Nam Soon gave one step forward, and met his lips into a deep kiss, not wasting time as his hands quickly got rid of his belt. It was nice waiting, but it was even nicer to finally do it.

The older one pulled his hair, clearly also forgetting about the soju. Nam Soon slowly forgot how nice was his kiss - and the hopes that the would be as good.

He smirked into the kiss among those dirty thoughts, but Kyun Sang didn't have the time to ask anything, because Nam Soon was already on his knees.


 


 

And his predictions were absolutely right - not only the was as good as that kiss, but he was also even nicer in person than in the pics. Maybe he was the kind of second round rule breaker.

“Are you sure no one's around?” he asked after a few silent minutes where both lay over the bed. Nam Soon ran his hands through his sweaty hair and nodded, sighing with a satisfied smile,

“Yes, don't need to dress up,” he said, figuring he meant to go to the bathroom.

Though it was quicker than he thought. After less than one minute, Kyun Sang was back into the room, locking the door behind him with an awkward expression on his face.

“Your friend is home,” he mumbled, sounding a bit annoyed.

“Heung Soo?” Nam Soon frowned.

“Do you live with someone else?”

The younger stared at his wristwatch over the bedside table - it was still half past seven. Why was he home so early?

He quickly stood up, searching for his underwear between the covers and dressed up, leaving the room without even bothering to put on more clothes.

Heung Soo was at the living room, watching a soccer match on the TV with a loud volume that Nam Soon was surprised that he didn't hear it before.

“I thought you were staying with Eun tonight,” he approached him, for some reason thinking he should have put on his shirt because Heung Soo's eyes took longer staring at him then the usual. He frowned, as his eyes run down to his legs. Or perhaps he shouldn't have put on any underwear at all.

Heung Soo's eyes were back at his face, as if nothing had happened, “just came back,” he shrugged, looking towards the television. Nam Soon sighed - those were probably just judging looks, though he was surprised they didn't come along with a complaint about his lack of clothes.

“Is everything ok?” he asked, after all it was still odd for him to be back home so early.

Heung Soo just nodded, and stared at the bedroom door closed at the corner of the room.

“You shouldn't leave your friend waiting,” he said, making sure to give a different intonation to the friend word. Nam Soon frowned again, but headed back to his room, where he found Kyun Sang unfortunately finishing dressing. He was definitely up to a second round tonight. Shame.

“I think he argued with his girlfriend again,” Nam Soon wondered out loud, grabbing his shirt from the side of the bed.

“Did he?” the older asked, waiting next to the door as Nam Soon finished putting on his jeans. He was wearing only a short sleeve white shirt since his coat was laying somewhere near the kitchen, and his arms crossed in front of his chest were a nice view that definitely made him want to him again. “I'll let you two alone then,”

“Do I look like I'm his shoulder to cry on?” Nam Soon joked, but was already opening the bedroom door again.

“Yes you do,” the older laughed, following him along to the front door. “Will I see you again?” he questioned before he left. Nam Soo shrugged,

“ was good, so why not?” Even he was surprised by his own words. What was happening to him? He handled him back his jacket that was lying somewhere around the floor, and looked at his shoulders again while he put it in. He definitely could forgive himself for not following his rules, he thought while he checked those shoulders out.

“Getting serious, huh?” Heung Soo mumbled a few minutes later after Kyun Sang left. Nam Soon slowly approached him, but he didn't take his eyes from the game.

“Nice ,” the younger shrugged, “why not do it again?” he sat by his side, holding the soju bottle they had previously opened and forgotten about, and offered it to Heung Soo.

He looked on his eyes for a few seconds before staring down at the bottle, and slowly grabbed it. And, discreetly, grazed his fingers. Nam Soon stared up at him, but the older didn't return his stare. He frowned as Heung Soo got hold of the bottle. Was that on purpose? Honestly, this didn't make any sense.

What the hell was going on?

“Are you sure everything is ok?” Nam Soon questioned trying to grab his attention, but the older eyes were glued to the TV screen.

“Yes, why?” He looked him with side eyes, taking a sip of the soju straight from the bottle.

“It's not even eight o’clock yet, why are you home already?”

“Why? Wanted the house for yourself?” Nam Soon could see a slightly blush on his cheeks. He just started drinking, it couldn't possibly be from the alcohol, “to have some wild on the living room or something like it?”

Nam Soon smirked, “No, we had that already,” he lay back down against the couch, brushing the seat with his hands. Heung Soo looked down over where the younger was touching and made the most nauseous face he managed to.

Nam Soon laughed, shaking his head, “we finished at the room, don't worry,” he assured him, and Heung Soo rolled his eyes, though still avoiding to look him in the eyes,

“I told you, if I run into you ing here, you're out,” he menaced, placing the bottle over the central table.

“Yes, I'm aware...” the younger still had that smile on his lips, “but you know, the danger only makes it more exciting,” he joked, and Heung Soo shook his head, his eyes finally meeting and his cheeks getting slightly redder. Something was definitely going on, Nam Soon wasn't stupid.

But before he could even think about saying something, he heard his phone ringing from somewhere inside his room and quickly rushed to pick it up.

Was he missing him already? That would definitely be one point down.

“I think I dropped my keys somewhere at yours.”

Ok, no point less then.

It was lying at a spot between the kitchen chairs and the counter. Perhaps that was fate telling them to one more time.

“Going somewhere?” it was Heung Soo, looking at him from the couch.

“He left his keys. Might not come back though...” Nam Soon smirked, and stared at the older as he slowly frowned.

“Oh.” He didn't look that happy. Or was Nam Soon just seeing things he wanted to see? He shook his head, but he knew him well enough - that was definitely an annoyed expression.

But he didn't want to get the wrong impression. No expectations. He probably just fought again with Eun and wanted company. That's all.

 


 

Nam Soon ended up returning home right after a brief flirtation - it was no more than half an hour later, but Heung Soo was not at the living room anymore. He wanted to have a serious conversation with him, so that he could clarify everything and avoid having these strange thoughts about him. He definitely had enough of misleading thoughts years ago, and now he was too old for wasting his time with that.

Heung Soo’s door was closed, but Nam Soon didn't really bother about that and opened it straight away. It was not like he would be having with someone, right? But as soon as he got into the room, Heung Soo almost jumped startled on his bed, letting his phone fall over his sheets.

But the screen was . And the picture opened there was Nam Soon's.

“OH MY GOD!” Nam Soon exclaimed, almost unconsciously, “are you to my ???” his voice was surprised and with a tone of unbelievable laugh. He didn't quite know if he was teasing him by now or just thinking this was all a big joke. He quickly got to the bed, reaching the phone before Heung Soo.

“No!” the older exclaimed, his cheeks completely flushed, missing his phone - with Nam Soon picture clearly on sight - by a few inches, “I was scrolling through my gallery and this ing thing was there!” he hissed, rudely grabbing it from Nam Soon’s hands.

The younger showed a slight smirk, handling him back his phone, “really, you could just call me, I can assure you it's even better in person than just from a picture,” he teased, running his hands through his hair. But Heung Soo just rolled his eyes, although his cheeks were still red,

“Oh my god, please shut up,” he hissed, getting away from the bed and placing his phone back into his pocket, “and why are you getting into my room without knocking? so disrespectful,” he complained, and Nam Soon just shrugged with a discreet laugh - feeling a bit sad that Heung Soo was indeed fully dressed. But, even if that was the case...

“... and why didn't you delete my ? So disrespectful,” he teased, using the same tone the other had used with him.

“I didn't even remember this ,” the older exclaimed, pointing out to his left pocket where he kept his phone, “why would I have kept your , are you crazy?” his voice was shaking. His cheeks were red. He couldn't look him in the eye.

Nam Soon still wondered if this was indeed all just a big joke... However, he wasn't stupid, was he?

So, after all... What the hell was going on?