Chapter 01

Just Friends

Chapter 01

I don't like straight guys.

 

“You’re so ing beautiful...” his voice was almost inaudible under the loud pop song coming from the cellphone strategically placed over the kitchen counter.

I look like all you need. One kiss is all it takes. Fallin' in love with me”

It was as if the lyrics were telling a statement, “I know,” Nam Soon replied with a smirk on the corner of his lips, his black hair asking for a haircut covering half of his eyes, which he prompted to fix by throwing his bangs back with his left hand. Kind of a y movement, if someone asked for the other guys’ opinion.

In fact, he couldn't believe how lucky he was to be at his living room - not that he wasn't pretty as well - at least Nam Soon thought so. He wouldn't just bring anyone home. Regardless of what other people might say, he did have his standards.

“Pretty self assured as well?” he smiled under his breath, revealing a small dimple on his cheeks.

“Please quit talking,” Nam Soon pushed him against the sofa, making sure to cover his lips in a kiss - one other thing he was convinced about - and his hands quickly got under his pants to guarantee he wouldn't want to start any other conversation. If he wanted to talk, he wouldn't have brought him home.

“Oh, okay,” and he was talking again. At least he seemed okay down there - Nam Soon smirked again, watching attentively while he took out his shirt. A good advance, since Nam Soon had already been shirtless for a while. First thing he did when they arrived at his home, as far as he remembered - since he was quite drunk, he might have his memory a bit messed up.

Nam Soon could feel his fingers trailing across his chest, and they were so cold that he shivered under his touch. Such a nice feeling - this definitely would be a promising night.

He was a bit glad his pants were still on when the front door opened abruptly. Well, not that he would really care if he was fully dressed or not - not like he hadn't catch him in a worse situation before anyway.

“Oh god Nam Soon! Don't you have a room?!,” overreacting as always. The guy stood up so quickly that he almost pushed Nam Soon to the ground - what was his name again? Nam Soon had this bad habit of not paying attention when he got introduced to someone new.

“Sorry, thought you would come late,” he shrugged, not seeming even a bit regretful, and picked his phone from the counter as he rushed the other guy to the door on the left.

“Always the same excuse, really?” his voice got muffled by the loud song that was still playing on his phone.

“Was that...?” apparently the nameless guy completely forgot about the situation he got himself in, and was trying to pick a glance at the man that just arrived.

Nam Soon rolled his eyes, closing the door without a second thought. “Yes, that's Park Heung Soo. Now, shall we?” he pushed him against the door, catching his lips before he had the chance to make any more questions about what the famous soccer player Park Heung Soo was doing at his house.

 


 

“Really Nam Soon, you need to sort yourself out, I swear, if I run into you ing someone on my living room I swear I'll kick you out,” Nam Soon had just closed the front door, and was pretty sure the guy might have heard him - since he literally just left. Not that Nam Soon would care, he would probably never see him again anyway. Nam Soon just showed a slight smile and shrugged, throwing himself down over the couch and started to scroll on his phone.

He hadn't even bothered to put his shirt back on, for what Heung Soo made this disapproving look he had started to use against him since some weeks ago - narrow eyes and curved lips, followed by a slight shake of his head.

Nam Soon, on the other hand, pretended not to listen. Or when he chose to answer him, would be just a sarcastic joke.

“or you should knock before entering,” He did it in purpose. Really, Heung Soo would definitely kill the er some of these days.

“I'm not gonna knock before entering my own apartment. You got your ing room, use it.” Nam Soon was sure he almost saw Heung Soo throwing the knife he was using to cut some onions back at him.

Ignoring all the risks of being killed, Nam Soon almost made another irritating joke, wasn't for the news he just read on his timeline.

“Yah, Heung Soo...” He took a while reading it all before inquiring him, “did you and Eul broke up?”

“What?” Heung Soo almost instantly turned around, and Nam Soon showed him the news on his cellphone screen - it reads BREAKING NEWS - yes, in capital letters - soccer player Park Heung Soo and non celebrity girlfriend break up after 2 years of dating. “What the hell??” Heung Soo had just come near, grabbing the phone from his hands to be certain that Nam Soon wasn't making fun of him. “Seriously, this is just rubbish - “

“Not true then?” Nam Soon tried to control his laugh as Heung Soo threw his phone back at him. 

“How do they know these things? We had an stupid fight and they make a break up out of it. But the thing is, how did they found out? Crist, I swear, I think someone got a recorder on me 24 hours a day,” he was back at the counter, finishing whatever he was planning to cook for dinner - probably his meals full of eggs that Nam Soon only ate because he was too lazy to do something himself.

“Yes, really ... Too hard being famous isn't it?” Nam Soon was mocking him. He was definitely making fun of him.

“Wanna switch? Let's see how you deal with your party everyday stuff - not to mention different guys per week, with paparazzis following you around. I dare you to.”

“Should I?” Nam Soon was facing himself in his phone camera. “I guess I would look great in any commercial,” the narcissistic bastard. “I'll probably be more famous than - yah!” Heung Soo had just threw a wet dish rag on his face. “You almost hit my phone, you moron,” he exclaimed, quickly standing up.

“Will you stop with that, I'm complaining for real here,”

“Sure.” Nam Soon dropped it over the table and leaned against the wall, just watching as Heung Soo added some random stuff inside the blender, “so why did you fight? Was it serious?”

Was it in purpose or not, but Nam Soon had just finished his question and Heung Soo turned it on without answering it - so maybe he could pretend he didn't hear.

“Not much,” he was shaking his shoulders just a few minutes later. Probably long enough to give him some lazy answer. “Basically we have been arguing because of the paparazzi stuff. It's really getting on my nerves, seriously. What can I do?”

“Well. I'm really sorry for that.” It was rare, but sometimes Nam Soon did look like an adult. Heung Soo smirked, dropping the whatever food he was cooking in the oven.

“It's sorted out, don't bother.

So... Who was that guy today?” Heung Soo seemed eager to change subjects.

“Just friend of a friend, you know how it's like,” Nam Soon was with that mischievous smile again when he sat beside Heung Soo over the couch.

“No idea how it's like, actually.”

“Basically you find yourself a pretty guy, you kiss him and bring him home. Easy as that.”

Heung Soo couldn't hold down his smile, “thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to use it when I become gay - sorry, next time when I'm born gay probably?”

“Nah, you’d probably just be as boring as you are, gay or not.”

“Yah. Sorry Mr party hard, someone here has to pay the bills.”

Spot on.

 


 

5 minutes. Nam Soon was staring attentively to a speck of dust in the corner of the classroom. 4 minutes, he probably wouldn't go home today. He just felt like staying out until the sun rises. 3 minutes, why had he thought that he wouldn't need to sit down inside a classroom if he chose a degree in physical education? Oh he was so wrong.

2 minutes, he had just noticed he was shaking his legs for at least half an hour now. He sat properly on his chair. 1 minute, he couldn't take his eyes of his wristwatch.

“Where are we going today?” Nam Soon asked excitedly to Hyun Woo, who looked just as - if not more - thrilled than him as they left the classroom in a rush.

“The same as always?” Won Geun came following behind them, wearing khaki pants and a grey wool cap. He had just gotten out of the classroom alongside Nam Hyuk.

Nam Soon met them in his first day in college two years ago, and ever since they had been going out almost every day - definitely every weekend.

“Today I wanna drink all night, don't you dare to go home before the sun rises again,” Nam Soon said, sounding more like a threat. And he was not even stressed about something that he wants to forget about with alcohol. Honestly he just enjoyed drinking.

They just reached the bar in front of the college by a small stair in the right that led to this room with black tinted walls - kinda classy but cozy place. It was mostly crowded with students, but Nam Soon was sure he was the most assiduous one - he should be in a V.I.P. list since he went there almost every day, and sat at the exact same table just in front of the barmen - easier to order that was his excuse before hooking out with the barmen. Twice. What would be against the one time rule he almost ever followed - but rules were made to be broken anyway.

“We should have soju-bomb today, ” Hyung Woo exclaimed as he sat on his same spot, putting his recently blonde hair behind his ears - ever since he bleached it, he didn't stop touching it every time.

“Hey guys,” Nam Soon didn't even had the time to sit down - he was staring at his phone, and by his expression his friends were quick to find out what it was even before he properly said it.

“It's mom?” Won Geun had the mocking tone he always used when he wanted to annoy Nam Soon.

“Shut up, you,” Nam Soon put his phone back into his pockets jeans.

“What? It's the boyfriend?” Hyung Woo was rolling his eyes, but with a mocking smile - not without putting his blonde hair back again.

“Can you stop with this boyfriend thing? I'm not interested in straight guys - and let's not even start with the mom stuff, that's beyond creepy.”

“Common, not interested in straight guys? Nam Hyuk wouldn't agree,” and Won Geun was laughing. Not because of his joke, but laughing at him.

“You say straight, I say too invested into the kiss for a straight guy. And that's Hyuk’s problem not mine,” Nam Soon put his black coat back on - not without blinking at Nam Hyuk with the most provocative expression he managed to do. And he wasn't even the one that had been mocking him about Heung Soo.

“Yah! Why are you picking up at me? It was these guys that were making fun of you -” he seemed more insulted than he probably planned to - “and what do you mean by into the kiss? That was a ing peck, and I was drunk!”

“Right, ten minutes peck.”

Ok. It was probably just five minutes, but no one needed to know.

 


 

Wanna grab a drink today?” And that was it. Enough to end with all his plans.

Nam Soon had made really good friends in those last few years. Actually, he probably had been going out with them much more than really staying home. But it didn't matter how things would change, or how much time would pass... Heung Soo would always be Heung Soo. And it was always better to hang out with him - not to mention that lately it’s been really rare for him to call him out to drink.

Nam Soon already lost count of the years... But they probably had been friends for more than twenty by now. And nothing could ever be bigger than that. But, of course, Nam Soon would never say that out loud.

“Got us four beers and three green grapes soju bottles. Which one do you want?” Nam Soon arrived the apartment bringing two big plastic bags with the drinks.

“Beer, of course.” Heung Soo already had the glasses, and he served them both so quickly that Nam Soon almost missed.

“What's up that you suddenly wants to drink?” Nam Soon questioned, sitting by his side after taking out his coat - the bad thing about cold weather was to keep taking out his coat inside every place he went to - and it wasn't even winter.

Heung Soo didn't look like he was having problems with that though, since he was wearing just a T-shirt. Maybe because of all the vitamins he took he was never feeling cold. Perhaps Nam Soon should start taking some too? He kinda wished to get his arms toned like Heung Soo's.

“Are you listening?” Heung Soo looked dumbfounded. He had just been talking about how he argued again with his girlfriend and all Nam Soon did was stare at his biceps and touch his lips with his thumbs, clearly not paying attention to anything he said. “Really Nam Soon?”

“Sorry, got carried on,” he took the glass from the table and pointed out to Heung Soo’s “Let's drink.”

And in less than five minutes two bottles were gone.

“... So basically she wants me to tell paparazzis that we are still dating. Not happening. You know that I don't do interviews about my personal life. I don't care.”

“Maybe you should do it. Then they will stop talking.”

“They will just talk even more.”

“I don't think they -”

“Let's go out.” Heung Soo had suddenly stood up, placing his empty glass over the table. “I wanna leave.”

“Really?” That was new. “Where?” Nam Soon leaned against the couch, looking curiously at Heung Soo. Not judging, he definitely would enjoy going out - It's been a while ever since they did it. Actually, he couldn't even remember last time it happened.

“You know places, just make sure I'll have fun,” and he was already tying his shoes, without even asking a second time.

Nam Soon smiled with the corner of his lips. Things were turning out better than expected.

“Hongdae then.”

 

I can't believe I'm starting a new fanfic. Really. And do anyone still reads heungsoon in this website? I'll be surprised if many people do, really... but I just couldn't stop myself. So... for the ones that still reads, I really hope you enjoy this one! :)