Chapter 6

Confused
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You girls can leave now. Do you want to have escorts on your way?” A police officer kindly offered.

 

The two of them rejected the offer saying they’re safe, now that the man is already handled by the police.

 

“I’m sorry” Jisoo looked at the other girl’s way and saw a sullen Jennie looking down.

 

“For what?” She clearly knew what Jennie was trying to apologize for but she didn’t need it and she didn’t want to remind her about what happened.

 

“For making you go through all of this.” Just from hearing Jennie’s voice, Jisoo knew the girl was holding back her tears.

 

“Oh that’s okay. I was honestly surprised as well. I think I hit him too hard with the bat, I felt like I was a star player for the baseball team.” She joked, trying to relieve them from the gloomy aura that was starting again. When she didn’t hear a reply, she tried to start another conversation.

 

“Good thing there was a baseball bat. Do you play?”

 

“No, my brother placed it there for emergency purposes.”

 

“Wow, he must be a fortune teller for him to foresee this.” Jisoo took a peek at Jennie and she saw that the girl was still looked glum.

 

‘I don’t know what to do… she looks like she’s gonna cry again. Should I tell her a joke?’

 

“Oh I remember! Thank God there was a shoe that got stuck with the door.”

 

“Really? I guess i’m still lucky.”

 

“You sure are but from now on, you should be careful on who you let in.” Jisoo said to which Jennie nodded weakly.

 

Jisoo was actually thinking it through a while ago inside her apartment whether she should check on Jennie since she noticed that things were starting to get ugly when she left them. Fortunately, she was convinced to at least take a look just to be sure and her instincts were right. She immediately tried to look for an object to hit the guy hovering Jennie and she let her emotions take control.

 

“I’m really sorry, Jisoo.”

 

“You don’t have to say sorry. You didn’t do anything.”

 

“But--”

 

“Instead of feeling sorry, why don’t you give me a thanks?” She stopped walking and smiled at Jennie, who’s currently looking at her.

 

“T-thank you.”

 

“See? Didn’t that make both of us a little better?” Jisoo examined her face and saw she was about to cry again, so she thought of ways to not make it happen.

 

“Want some coffee?”

 

The two of them sat down in a bench while drinking their coffee that they got from a vending machine.

 

“Don’t worry about me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I won’t let him get to you.”

 

“Oh… you mean the crazy guy?” Jisoo laughed nervously thinking about what happened a while ago. Remembering how the guy was asking who did that to him and swearing he was gonna kill the person.

 

“I don’t really care, Jennie. He’s with the police and I don’t think the police are stupid enough to tell them it was me.”

 

“He really is out of his mind. How can he think of suing you after what he did to…” Jennie stopped whatever she was gonna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter