Battle of the Bands (NoJamBros)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - A prompt from neccar and everyone else who wanted it.

 

Hey guys sorry for the wait, I’ve been really busy. Also I’m stuck in kind of a depressive state where I don’t really want to write any more, each chapter has to be over 1000 words at least and sometimes it takes a while of sitting in front of my computer to do it. I’ve just stopped enjoying the process of it and I don’t know why. So…yeah - Really sorry about the wait, I hope you like the chapter!

 

Proooompts

 

Battle of the Bands (NoJamBros)

 

Jeongyeon was in the band room tuning her guitar when Lisa burst in, Jennie on her heels - both with matching looks of horror on their faces.

 

“What’s up?” Dahyun asked,

 

Lisa was panting, hunched over and unable to make intelligible conversation through her wheezes. After a moment of the remaining group attempting to decipher what she was saying, Jennie regained her breath and translated, “APink are playing Cookie-Crunch and not you guys.”

 

“What!?”

 

“What…”

 

“WHAT!”

 

The Cookie-Crunch Festival was a food festival always held at the school during second semester, they were lucky to be a very diverse school and so people bring loads of different types of food and set up stalls all over the courtyard. There’s always a stage with the same performance layout: A DJ the first hour, Dance team for an hour, the upcoming electoral candidates and finally a band to play the next three hours into the evening. Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun’s band always played the show every year, to find out they’d lost it to APink of all people…that infuriated the trio.

 

“It’s not…a big deal though….right?” Lisa panted,

 

“Shut up Lisa!” Jeongyeon snapped, “It’s a huge deal!”

 

“Don’t you have to audition to perform though?” Rose asked,

 

“Maybe their audition was better?”

 

“Shut up, Lisa.”

 

“Usually,” The other Chaeyoung told the group, “But Jihyo doesn’t really want to see APink right now.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Remember when Dahyun told us that Jihyo and Momo were also dating Tzuyu??”

 

“Shut up Lisa!” Dahyun whined,

 

“You told them!?” Jeongyeon asked,

 

“I had to tell someone!”

 

“Right let’s just talk to Jihyo.”

 

The trio got ready to head out.

 

“I quite like APink.”

 

“SHUT UP LISA!”

 

_____

 

Jihyo was walking down the hallway holding Momo’s hand. School had ended half an hour ago and while some students were collecting things from their lockers, most had fled the building seconds after the bell rang. The couple stood by Nayeon’s locker, planning to head to Sana, Mina and Momo’s dorm to study - the other three meeting them after band practice. Jihyo had been stressed lately about her campaign, struggling to get everything done and not feel like she was drowning. Mostly she’d just been focusing of the election for the same reason Momo was focusing more on dance….to distract themselves.

 

It didn’t help that Tzuyu stood down the hall at Mark’s locker.

 

Sana and Mina walked over to them holding hands, ready to go - when Jeongyeon and the others stormed over. Faces all mixed into anger.

 

“What the hell, Jihyo?” Jeongyeon snapped,

 

“What’s wrong?” Jihyo asked, Momo cuddling up to her - not a fan of confrontation,

 

“Why’d you hire APink for Cookie Crunch?” Dahyun asked, somewhat calmer,

 

“I left that to Irene, sorry.” Jihyo told them,

 

Chaeyoung looked at her, “But you always judge the auditions.”

 

“C’mon guys, it’s only ever you and APink - I prefer you but I let my Vice President choose.”

 

“There needs the be auditions at least!” Jeongyeon spat, mad at the situation,

 

“What’s up, Jeong?” A voice called out,

 

Jeongyeon turned to glare at Chorong who led the majority of her band-mates over (Momo was happier when she didn’t see Naeun). Chorong was the bands leader and bassist, she stood in front of the group with her arms crossed, the rest of the members flanking her. Momo gripped Jihyo’s arm harder, she liked when Jihyo went all power . She’d suddenly hit you with a stare that could freeze you to your core. The stare she settled on Chorong who almost immediately shuffled back slightly, intimidated whether she’d admit it or not.

 

“We need to have auditions for that spot at Cookie Crunch.” Jeongyeon snapped crossing her arms,

 

“Well Irene already said we could do it, so…y’know…off you .” Chorong stated,

 

“I’m overruling Irene and saying you need to have auditions, it’s how it works.” Jihyo ordered, Momo swooning over her president voice,

 

Back when Tzuyu was around they’d done a role play where Jihyo was the president and--

 

“That’s bull!” Bomi snapped,

 

“You can’t just do that!” Hayoung whined,

 

“Just because they’re your friends!” Eunji glared at Jihyo,

 

“That’s nothing to do with it.” Nayeon barked, immediately standing up for both Jihyo and her girlfriend,

 

“Please, it’s a bit suspicious that they get to play every year and now your entertainment secretary is banging one of them.” Bomi growled out,

 

“Hey!” Nayeon snapped,

 

“We weren’t even friends with them before this year.” Sana justified, she had been shielding Mina at the back,

 

“Christ, Naeun is a much better guitarist that Jeongyeon - we have the right to play!”

 

Namjoo and Dahyun, who were actually science partners, just exchanged a look and a shrug as their band mates argued. Nayeon caught it but said nothing, Dahyun was allowed to have friends.

 

“Watch yourself,” Chaeyoung warned, “Jeongyeon can play circles around her!”

 

Bomi laughed, “Please! I don’t understand what fangirls see in her to be honest, she’s sub par at best.”

 

“I’ll show you sub-par!” The baby beast growled before trying to lunge - only for Jeongyeon and Mina to hold her back,

 

Jeongyeon whispered in her ear to calm her down and it mostly worked. It made Jeongyeon smile a little to see how protective her baby Chae could be. Jeongyeon could admit to herself that she wasn’t the best guitarist ever but to Chaeyoung she was and the younger girl would never hear otherwise. Jeongyeon really loved her. Eventually Chaeyoung relaxed into her girlfriend’s embrace, calming enough that Mina could let her go. Jeongyeon didn’t thought, she’d never let her go.

 

Nayeon was furious, “Interesting that your guitarist is nowhere to be found!”

 

Chorong smirked and turned to look down the hall, when gazes followed they were all shocked. Naeun was standing with Tzuyu and Elkie. The latter had her nose wrinkled, Elkie was a good judge of character and she knew this girl was bad news but Tzuyu appeared quite happy talking to her. Momo and Jihyo froze….Tzuyu was standing close to her - too close. They both remembered that night Naeun spent with THEIR girlfriend, while they hadn’t enacted their “Operation: Get Tzuyu Back and Cuddle the Life Out of Their Badass Yet Adorable Girlfriend and Think of a Shorter Name for this Operation” yet they were still possessive over their girl (and yes she was still THEIR girl).

 

“Look at that, you guys are friends with Tzuyu right?” Chorong asked with a dangerous smile,

 

“Leave her out of this.” Chaeyoung growled,

 

Ever since it all came out about Jimin the older girls all felt very protective over Tzuyu, especially Chaeyoung who had never been an unnie before. Mina, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were the “Unrequited-Turned-Requited Love Club” and they looked out for each other. Chaeyoung had noticed that while her friend could fight grown men and win, when it came to emotions she was still a kid and easily deceived. If Naeun was playing with Tzuyu Chaeyoung would be out for blood. Jeongyeon would help her hide the bodies too, because that’s love .

 

Tzuyu turned to say something to Elkie and while they were distracted Naeun noticed the group watching them. Smirking she turned back to Tzuyu and pulled her forward, pinning her to the locker and kissing her. Jeongyeon turned to see both Jihyo and Momo’s hearts shattering before her, Momo hiding her face in Jihyo’s neck. Chaeyoung had a deadly look on her face which Jeongyeon matched….this was now war. Elkie made a disgusted face and pulled them apart after a moment, Tzuyu looking surprised and Naeun appearing smug.

 

“What was that for?” Tzuyu asked,

 

“You’re single sweetheart, have some fun.”

 

Elkie’s eyes met Jihyo’s and for a moment the younger felt sorry for her, so she said something in Chinese and pulled Tzuyu down the hall. Chaeyoung flew over to the other girl with fire in her eyes, “Whatever you’re doing to her knock it off!”

 

“What?”

 

“Stop playing with her feelings or I will hurt you.” Chaeyoung growled,

 

Naeun laughed, “I’m not playing with anything….well….emotionally, Tzuyu doesn’t love me. But it’s fun to cause trouble.”

 

“Right that’s it.” Jeongyeon snapped, “Your band versus ours, winner plays Cookie-Crunch.”

 

“It’s so on.” Chorong smirked.

 

____

 

That night Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were in bed in Jeongyeon’s basement room, Chaeyoung was cuddled up into her chest - relaxing to the sound of her girlfriends heartbeat. It was moments like this they both loved, no jokes or screeching guitars or pounding drums. Just them laying in the quiet - the only sound being Jeongyeon’s heartbeat next to Chaeyoung’s head. It wasn’t exactly the rock and roll lifestyle but for them it was perfect. It was a rare moment not many had witnessed.

 

“Do you really think we’ll win this band competition.” Chaeyoung asked after a while,

 

“Of course we will, they’re good but they’re nothing special. Just a generic girl-metal band preaching about rebelling and feminism. Their lyrics don’t mean what ours do.”

 

“Your lyrics mean things.”

 

“Yeah, they’re usually about you.”

 

Chaeyoung lifted her head, “Really?”

 

“Yup,” Jeongyeon pecked her lips and cuddled her again, “You, Son Chaeyoung, are my muse.”

 

“Good.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Ditto.”

 

“.”

 

“You love me.”

 

“I really do.”