Case 2: Sana’s Enigma (1/3)

TMCOTMT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana’s Enigma

-Jeongnam-

  

Clack. Clack. Clack. Clack. Clack.

 

Every head turned as the most known lawyers in town entered the room. The aura she has around her screams power, dominance, and more power. Her long brown wavy hair dancing against the breeze made by her every step. With her pine colored tailored suit and black pointed toe four inches heels, it was hard not to look. Especially with a face as beautiful as hers.

 

Minatozaki Sana is that lawyer. A criminal lawyer, to be exact. She makes every crime look like a piece of cake. Sana became popular because she managed to solve the murder that happened in a well-known bar in the city. A rich man was killed and the suspect was a guard. Turns out, it was foul play. She is known to be ruthless. Nothing gets passed her keen eye and probing. There were words passed that she was offered to be a detective but she declined because she enjoys being a lawyer.

 

“Mika, get me my coffee and the reports,” Sana ordered her secretary as she strides to get to her office. Aside from being a known lawyer, Sana is also the head lawyer of one of the most renowned law firms in the country. At the age of twenty seven, she already achieved the things people above her age could only dream of. All because Sana is called ‘the prodigy’ of the law field.

 

She dropped her bag on the center table of her black and gray themed office. She removed her pine colored blazer and fixed her black button down shirt. Sana sat on her swivel chair and opened the first folder on top of her table.

 

Illegal Racing.

 

Sana’s face crumpled. She’s way too high in ranking to handle such a case. The last case she handled was a drug trafficking case by a politician and she succeeded in making the framed up victims free. But why is she handling ana illegal racing case?

 

Before she could even ask, her secretary entered, “Mika, why do I have an illegal racing case? This is too basic for me.”

 

“It was given by the president, Ma’am. She wanted you to personally fix the case. Something to do with the people involved,” Sana’s forehead creased again. Surely, the president knows about her. But how come? “The client will arrive in fifteen minutes Ma’am.”

 

The head nodded and sipped her coffee. She reviewed the report about the illegal racing case she will be handling. She’ll be on the defendant’s side. The suspect is a business tycoon known to export auto spare parts to different countries around the world. The suspect was seen at the racing venue and there were pictures to prove it.

 

Sana massaged her temple and closed her eyes. She doesn’t want to get involved with these types of cases. For five years, she cleaned the underground side of the city of these illegal (much yet, drug related) cases.

 

When her intercom rang, signaling the arrival of her client, Sana composed herself and welcomed an old man wearing a three piece suit. Much like hers, only black. “Good morning, Atty. Minatozaki,” the old man greeted. Sana stood up and bowed as courtesy.

 

“Mister Yao,” she replied. Sana lead the old man to the chair. “I’ve read the summary of the case. I’m guessing you paid for the fine? In order to be here.”

 

The old man sighed, “I paid but I do not have any connection with that illegal racing scheme they’re directing at me. I have lived a clean and righteous life.”

 

Sana nodded, “The politics are doing dirty works again then.”

 

“I know but I have no proof. I was going to meet an investor the night they took the photos. I didn’t know that the place was a venue for illegal racing. Much more, a drug dealing den. If I had known, I would have declined the meeting right away,” Mr. Yao explained. Sana continued to ask, explaining to her client that he should be honest so that she can find a way around the case.

 

Honestly speaking, the evidences against Mr. Yao were strong. It would take a miracle to reverse the judge’s decision, if ever. Sana leaned back on her chair and thought of things she could do. It has been so long since she was challenged.

 

“Is there anyone you met when you went to the race track?” Sana asked. Mister Yao stopped for a second, thinking.

 

“Yes!” the old man nodded. “I met a racer there. She was a new but she won three races when I watched. We talked for a while because she was explaining how things go on there.”

 

“Is she part of the said ‘gang’ that runs the business?” Mr. Yao shook her head.

 

“I think she was just there to win races. She looked like she didn’t have any idea about the drugs.”

 

“I see,” Sana closed her notepad. “Okay, Mr. Yao, the first hearing is in a month. Give me at least two weeks to find a way to make this case doable,” she flashed her perfect smile at the old man who smiled warmly back at her.

 

“I trust you and your judgements, Atty.,” Mr. Yo stood up and shook her hand. Sana even led the old man to the door. She returned to her chair and turned to look at the view. The windows behind her is from ceiling to flooring, overlooking the whole city.

 

Sana turned her chair around again and reached out for her intercom, “Mika, cancel all my afternoon meetings. I’ll go fix something.” She stood up and grabbed her blazer, the heels of her Louboutin shoes clinking as she strides to get to the elevator. The keys to her black Porsche dangling between her fingers.

 

She reached her car and started driving towards her friend’s house. Well, technically, the girl used to be Sana’s somewhat employee. But that’s another story. Sana sped off the roads of the city, the engine of her car roaring in broad daylight. She reaches the far side of the city where her friend stays. Sana parked her car in front of a small bungalow type of house. Not too big, not too small, just enough for three people. She stepped out of her car and banged the door, yes, she didn’t knock. She banged it. Knowing very well that her friend won’t wake up with a simple knock.

 

The door opened, revealing a woman with black hair, clearly just got up from her sleep, “Sana-s–“.

 

“Just Sana,” she pushed the door opened and entered the house. The woman groaned and closed the door.

 

“What brings you here?” her friend scratched her eye while asking.

 

“What do you know about the illegal racing happening around?” Sana asked.

 

Her friend yawned, “I don’t know. I haven’t been involved in any illegal work since you released me.”

 

“You’re an , you ought to know. And it’s still illegal, by the way,” Sana explained. She sat down on an old sofa and looked around. In fairness, it was clean. Not spotless as their mansion, but still clean. Homey, even.

 

“What I know is that there are drugs involved in that illegal racing thing,” her friend sat beside her and leaned her head backwards, grumpy from waking up. “Why? Handling a case? Stay away from it.”

 

“Too late,” Sana stood up again, walking towards the door. “Look for a decent job! You’re covered with hickeys,” she snorted and then walked out the house, driving back to their mansion.

 

The Minatozaki clan is rich. Not just rich, but super rich. She parked her car on their garage and then went out, entering through the main door. The maids fell in line and bowed all together to greet her.

 

“Welcome home, Sana-sama,” she nodded and loosened her tie.

 

“Call the heads. Meeting, now,” Sana ordered. She handed her bag to the maid and went to her room. The Minatozaki mansion is not like the typical mansions one sees on TV. It’s the traditional kind of mansion. The dojo type. When Sana got inside her room, she removed her clothes and took a quick shower before changing into the her black and red kimono. Sana tied her hair on one side and grabbed her ogi.

 

When she went out of her room, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter