25: TAKING CARE OF YOU

Everyday With You

“Dae, my head hurt~” You whine to your brother, sniffing your nose. You have been caught with cold since yesterday, and it has been worsening. Daehyun put his palm on your forehead.

 

“Yeah, you got a fever.” He pats your forehead, you scrunch your nose as you push away his hand.

 

“It’s hurt~” You whine.

 

“I’ll go grab some cold towel for you.” Daehyun tries to get up, but you hold onto his shirt tight.

 

“Don’t leave me…” You pull his shirt, whining. Daehyun let out a sigh. He hates it when you are sick. You become extra clingy and whiny.

 

“This won’t do.” He takes out his phone, calling someone. An hour later, Youngjae and Nara barge in, with some uninvited guests. Daehyun glares at Youngjae.

 

“Why all B.A.P is here?” he grunts. He barely escapes from your hold after you fell asleep. He looks at each member.

 

“Why, you said you need all the help. I was in the studio with them, so I bring them too.” Youngjae says, nonchalantly.

 

“You guys are better to keep your volume down. If she awakes, she would be a whiny mess.” Daehyun says in a stern voice before he left to the kitchen to makes some drinks for them. Nara casually walks to your room, checking you. Himchan follows Daehyun.

 

“Let me help. Do you got something that I can cook for her?” He asks, looking around as his brain starts to work what to cook.

 

“I just bought her an instant porridge. We almost ran out of groceries, but I think we still got enough to make her some porridge. Help yourself.” Daehyun says, opening the fridge. Himchan immediately checking out the fridge.

 

“Well, I can make something with these. She isn’t picky type, right?” Himchan looks at Daehyun, who is focusing on his tea making.

 

“She gets really picky when she got sick,” Daehyun mumbles, stirring the teapot.

 

“How picky?”

 

“Super picky. She won’t eat unless it’s seaweed soup or porridge full of gingers. I don’t get it why she gets so picky.” Daehyun nags. Himchan listens quietly, taking out some ingredients he could use.

 

“So she will eats as long there’s seaweed or ginger?”

 

“She wants soup or porridge to be specific. But, sometimes she wants something else.” Daehyun takes the tray with tea and walks to the living room. He believes in Himchan can cook something for his sister since he’s always the mom of B.A.P. Himchan watches Daehyun left with a blank expression. What is he talking about?! What does she want?!

 

 

“Hey, sweety. You okay now?” Nara caresses your hair, changing the wet towel on your forehead.

 

“Nara, what are you doing here?” You ask in a cracked voice.

 

“Oh, we came as soon as we heard you got sick. Daehyun calls Youngjae.”

 

“We?”

 

“Everyone. Including Himchan. Do you want to see him?” Nara smiles continue petting your hair. You nod fast.

 

“I want his warmth.” You whine.

 

“You don’t want your brother?”

 

“No… I got a boyfriend now. Why would I cling to Daehyun?” You let out a complain. Nara is fully aware of how hazy you are when you are sick. She laughs.

 

“Daehyun would be upset if he heard that.” She says you puff your cheeks.

 

“Fine. I’ll do something to make Daehyun and others out so you can have some alone time with him. Any request what to eat?”

 

“I want cookies and milk.”

 

“Really…? You don’t want soup or porridge?”

 

“No… I feel like want cookies dip in warm milk.” Then you pause before you tell Nara you want special porridge and ice cream from these specific places.

 

“Well… That’s enough reason to drag them out.” Nara let out a chuckle after listing out the things you need.  She gets up, but you immediately hold her sleeve. Nara already expecting your action, whispers to you.

 

“Come on, Reen. If you let me go, I’ll bring you everything you want and Himchan.” Nara comforting you, telling you her plans as she pulls away slowly. You pout, nodding weakly. Nara walks out and heads to Youngjae, whispering something to him.

 

“Seriously?” Youngjae looks at Nara disbelief. Nara shrugs off.

 

“Come on. She’s awake right now and alone. So before she yells his name, we better drag the brother out.” She whispers, glancing at Daehyun. Youngjae let out a sigh, he knows how bad it is when you got sick. You aren’t yourself.

 

“Fine.” Nara grins, hearing his agreement.

 

“Daehyun. Seems like your sister gave me a long list to shop for her.” She shows Daehyun the list she wrote. Daehyun reads the list before exclaims loudly. What the hell, Reen!

 

“Migabon?! But that place at Myeongdong. Fell and Cole?! That’s at Mapo! It’s gonna take more than an hour.” Himchan looks at the commotion in the living room. Meanwhile, Junhong helping him out to cook.

 

“You heard the lady, man.” Youngjae helps out, hoping everyone will get along.



“Can’t anyone else take care of this? Reen will be lonely.” Daehyun refuses.

 

“She’s your sister,” Nara says, crossing her arms.

 

“I got to pick up Minhyun soon. I can drive you there.” Yongguk checks his phone.

 

“NO!” Nara and Youngjae yell in unison, shutting up everyone.

 

“I- I mean, shouldn’t you pick her up and go to your wife?” Nara stammering looking at Yongguk’s cold gaze on her. Yongguk finally catch up what Nara is plotting and sigh.

 

“You are right. Junhong, let’s accompany me. Minhyun would be thrilled meeting you.” Yongguk gets up, Junhong looks at Himchan guiltily. Himchan nods, letting him go.

 

“I’ll go buy for her.” Himchan volunteers, washing his hands.

 

“No. You continue your cooking. Reen hasn’t eaten real food for days now. Besides, I know what she wants, and it’s a complicated order.” Daehyun says, defeated. He takes his jacket. Nara smiles meaningfully.

 

“Don’t worry. Youngjae and I will accompany you.” Nara takes their jackets, giving Youngjae’s jacket to her boyfriend. Youngjae reluctantly takes the jacket.

 

“Then who will look out for Reen?”

 

“Jongup. They practically best friend so I think it won’t be a problem.” Yongguk says, looking at Jongup. Himchan looks at the leader. How can you said that, Bang Yongguk?!

 

“What?! No. Nara, you staying with her.”

 

“Yeah you are right, I should stay and guard Reen against Himchan or Jongup.” Nara raises her hands, taking off her jacket. Goodbye date with Youngjae.

 

“Jongup?” He looks up from his phone. Between stuck with the troublemaker duo, the scary leader or the awkward one now, which should he picks?

 

“I’ll follow Yongguk.” Jongup gets up. After everyone went out. Nara pulls Himchan. He looks at Nara, grinning.

 

“What?”

 

“What? What? You got like an hour or more. Go accompany Reen. I’ll do the cooking.” Nara pushes Himchan to your room, opening the door slowly.

 

“Oh, one thing. Reen is not herself when she’s sick. Let’s say, her mind is foggy. I’ll tell you when Daehyun and the rest almost home.” Nara checks you. 

 

“How not herself?”

 

“Not herself that she’s like a different person. You haven’t met drunk Reen?” Nara asks, Himchan shakes his head. He only remembered she’s slightly drunk and being bold.

 

“Okay. Well, good luck.” Nara pats Himchan’s shoulder before she left to the kitchen. Himchan takes a deep breath, popping his head inside your room.

 

“Hey… How are you doing?” However, you seem fell asleep even after a loud commotion outside. Himchan walks inside slowly, sitting on your bed. He changes the damp towel on your forehead, carefully not to wake you up.

 

“Himchan?” Your cracked voice call him. You turn a bit to look at Himchan who’s smiling at you.

 

“I’m here…” He caresses your hair softly. You hold his hand.

 

“Channie~” You start whining, hugging his hand. Himchan froze. What is this?

 

“Reen?”

 

“Hmmm… Hold me…” You snuggle in, holding his hand tight. Himchan watches you trying to pull him into bed.

 

“Reen…”

 

“Channie~” You whine, pulling him to lay down beside you. Himchan shakes his head. It is a different person.

 

“It’s gonna be cramped.” He says softly, but you scoot over, giving him space on your single bed.

 

“I don’t care. I want you.” You pat the small space beside you slowly, waiting for him. Himchan gives up, laying down beside you. He lifts your head carefully before placing his arm underneath your head as a pillow. You turn to face him, looking at his face.

 

“You are so handsome.”

 

“I am.” Himchan grins, caressing your cheek. You grin before snuggle closer.

 

“It’s cold…”

 

“Here. Let me give you warmth.” Himchan pulls you closer, hugging you tightly. You hug him, trying to absorb his warmth.

 

“Don’t leave me…” You mumble. Himchan pats your back slowly.

 

“I won’t” He kisses your head, humming a lullaby.

 

“You smell so good. I like your smell.”

 

“Really? How much?”

 

“A LOT” You beam happily. He chuckles at your change of moods, keeps patting you.

 

“I want to tell Daehyun so much about us…” You mumble slowly. Himchan listens, waiting for you to continue.

 

“But, I keep having anxiety. What if he asks us to break up? I don’t want to break up with you… I’m having so much fun with you.” You getting teary.

 

“How fun?” Himchan smiles, fixing your hair. You look at him.

 

“So much that I don’t even remember my past.” You say, gazing at him.

 

“Then, let’s tell him soon. Together. If he against it, we will prove him wrong.” Himchan leans close, kissing you softly. You immediately pull away, cupping your mouth.

 

“You gonna get sick.” You muffle under your palms. Himchan pulls your hands.

 

“It’s okay. I got my name for nothing. Let me give you my strength and take away your cold.” Himchan whispers, kissing you slowly. As you can feel your body heat rise, you are confused if it’s because of your fever or Himchan. But, in the end, you let him kisses you.

 

 

“Hey…” Nara opens the door to check on you only to see you sleeping peacefully in Himchan’s arms. Himchan looks at Nara.

 

“Are they coming home soon?” Himchan asks in low volume, avoids to wake you up. Nara nods. It’s must be hard for them, spending times secretly.

 

“Around 15 minutes. I already finish cooking and keep the porridge warm. Does she just fell asleep?” She watches you clutching Himchan’s shirt. That girl. Nara smiles.

 

“It’s been a while. We can wake her up soon. She needs to eat anyway.” Himchan turns his gaze on you, caressing your hair. Himchan smiles, remembering your overnight stay in his studio a while back. He watched you sleeps for almost an hour before you woke up. He pulls away carefully.

 

“Himchan…?” You mumble, stirring a bit. Himchan and Nara froze, holding their breath. Please don’t wake up. Fortunately, you fall back to sleep.

 

“Rest a lot.” He whispers in your ear before fully escapes from you. He fixes the blanket, ensures you are comfortable. Nara watches him silently. Himchan walks out, joining Nara.

 

“You really fond of her.” Nara finally breaking the silence.

 

“Of course… She’s my girl.”

 

“She looks happier now.”

 

“Is she?”

 

“Don’t hurt her. She has been through a lot.”

 

“I won’t. If I did… I know I will face the consequence and wrath.” From Daehyun, from Nara and most probably from Youngjae too.

 

“Good. I believe in you. You are the only man outside her circle can make her happy.” Nara says, she holds her thoughts from slipping out her tongue. She knows you will tell him soon.

 

“We are home~!” Youngjae beams happily before getting a shush from Nara and Himchan.

 



 

A/N: it's my birthday today~ lmao so I'll just dropping this chapter because it's my day~ have a good day everyone ><