The Librettist

Angel of Death Libretto

“Myungsoo-shi, Byunghun-shi young master want to see you to in living room, please change your dress to this suit” The maid leaves them and waits in front of door.

Where is Seyong? L.Joe feels uneasy. He doesn’t him since yesterday.

L and L.Joe is surprised when they saw all body guard used black suit and white band in their left arm.

What’s going on here? Seyong… Where is Seyong?

“Where is Mr. Kim Seyong?” L.Joe voice is shaken a bit.

“Young master is waiting for you in car. Follow us” L.Joe is really worried. L keeps silence; he doesn’t know what’s going on and why they must wear black suit.

They see two young men’s standing in front of grave.

Seyong is there…. Close eyes and talks in silence.

“Myungsoo-shi, we have something to talk” L nods, following the young master and leaves L.Joe with Seyong.

L.Joe puts the bouquet of chrysanthemums on the grave. Seyong stares at him and smiles little.

Yong Junhyung…. Who is him? L.Joe knows it’s not his business, but he can’t stop his brain to let out the question, but something he doesn’t realizes is he let it out loud.

“My boyfriend whom I killed” L.Joe turns around, his eyes widen.

“I killed him with my hand” Seyong continues. L.Joe tries to process the information before formulate question, but all he can say is just single word.

“Why?”

“To safe my life” Seyong leaves him alone. L.Joe doesn’t know what to do.

He killed his boyfriend to save his life. He must have strong reason, I know he wouldn’t did that without reason.

“Wait” L.Joe runs after him. Seyong turns around and waits for him. What L.Joe doesn’t expect is what Seyoung says.

“He is your brother and I kill him with my hand” Seyong takes L.Joe’s hand and places documents in his hand. L.Joe looks Seyong walks away and then all he knows, Myungsoo hugs him in tight embrace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Young master. I have good news. The police who worked for Jung Yonghwa and Im Yoona now is in our side. It’s coincidence that the assassin the sent to kill them is an assassin under Seunghyun-shi’s organization” Seyong informs.

“Owh… Guess, I must thank Godfather then. Well… well…. Mr. Jung and Mrs. Im, guess God on my side. God sent you away from heaven and burned you on the hell, that’s fact fallen angel” He smirks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seyong excuses himself, before he gets chance to reach the knop his young master stops him.

“Hyung, don’t blame yourself. Talk to L.Joe and explain everything”

“Young master, I…..”

“It’s an order and you know you can’t say no. You can go now” Seyong bows and walks to L.Joe’s room.

He takes deep breathe and knocks the door. Myungsoo opens the door and let him come in before he leaves them alone.

“L.Joe-shi” Seyong begins. L.Joe doesn’t know what to react. He needs time to processes all of the sudden fate he must face.

“I have no defense and I’m not going to make one. I guess it’s the right way to tell you from the start. In this world you will hear name such as Choi Seunghyun, Yoo Doojoon, Bang Yong Guk and also Master. Bang Yong Guk is Master’s step brother. Your brother Yong Junhyung was Bang Yong Guk’s adopt child, they didn’t change his surname to protect him. Your family murdered was coincidental, the murderers barked in wrong house. Actually, they should kill your neighbor, but they had mistaken the right house. They were being sent to kill Mrs. Bang and all her family who lived beside your family. When Master and Mr. Bang rushed to save his wife, they found out the murderers did mistake. They felt relieve, but felt guilty because of them innocent persons had killed. Mr. Bang promised to take care of you two, but your brother said he will be the one who will take revenge. Mr. Bang asked his butler family to raise you up, yes Lee Inho was their butler. You never know that Mr. Lee is your adopt father, right?” L. Joe keeps silent. It’s too much for him to take. Seyong continues.

“I was at 10th grade when our first encounter. Your brother already finished his bachelor degree on business management. Your brother took place as Mr. Bang’s right hand. Their enemy never knew their relationship as father and so, just to avoid another unnecessary attack to him. That day everything was gone wrong. Police sensed something wrong about our organization, police accused us sell drugs, involved in human trafficking, and ion. We sell guns and other military tools legally and illegally, but never across way too far. We still have pride and heart. I killed Yong Junhyung with my hand. That time I was Master’s lawyer. I have good reputation, I never lost in courtyard. No one knew I was part of this organization. Master sent me to meet Junghyun in the hotel, we needed to talk about next movement to avoid another problem, but our enemy knew about it. Someone inside betrayed us. They trapped us, they called police when we still talk. Junghyun knew if the police found out I was part of this organization everything will fall down and we can’t risk another problem, but that time I knew he was really care about my future, he knew my carrier will turn to dust and he knew all my dream will collapse. He forced me to kill him, he told me it was self-defense. They said I didn’t shoot him, but I shot him. And then all I knew I was standing there motionless. If I could think another way, he would be here” L. Joe doesn’t know what he should feel. He never met Junhyung and now he faces Seyong who says he is the one who killed his brother.

 “Junhyung ever said he wants to hug you. He wants to tell you how much he loves you, but before he can do that. I took away his live” Seyoung is about to leave him, but L.Joe grabs his wrist.

“Thank you to tell me everything” He says in low tone.

What they don’t know is L and the young master stands in front of the door with triumphantly smile on their faces.

“Myungsoo-shi, you have told him about the shot, right?” L nods. Yes, he tells the detail.  They know Seyong blames his self for it and he can’t let L.Joe gets wrong about this.

“Myungsoo-shi, you said you will keep my secret, right?” L turns his head to the young master. L is confused what he is talking about. L eyes are widening when he sees the young master’s face. He can’t take his eyes from him.

He breaks his stare when the door opens. Seyong is standing there. Seyong fakes cough and excuses his self. He doesn’t forget to close the door. He sends L death glare first before walk away.

“Ehm….” L forgets word all of sudden. He is too shock and surprises.

“We will have many works tomorrow. Im Yoona and Jung Yonghwa will take a move and we need to stop them. Sleep tight, Myungsoo-shi”