The Plunge

Slave to the Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t be a chicken, Wonho!” a soaking wet Jooheon yelled from the edge of the group, he had just reached the spot the crew was chilling at. Jooheon, along with Shownu and Hyungwon were the first overly enthusiastic ones to take the dive off the cliff. They had just returned huffing and puffing from the trek back up, despite their out of breath states they still wore smiles from the thrill of the jump. Jooheon had taken up the spot next to his girlfriend who seemed displeased at having him drip all over her but her demeanor quickly changed as she took in the sight of his bare chest, her eyes followed the trail of water dripping from his hair onto his pecks and down his ripped abdomen . The scent of her arousal filled the air and everyone did a good job at ignoring it, even Jooheon as he continued to tease me. He probably thought it was too good of an opportunity to pass up when he overheard me telling Kihyun that I’ll take the plunge a little later.

Great! Just great!

Here I am trying and failing to impress Hara and to make matters worse Jooheon decides to make me look like a wuss. I have to do it, to save my face else he’ll never let it go and that will probably be the image that will be ingrained into Hara’s memory forever. All chances I could have had with her would be gone.

So I reigned in my fear and stepped up to the edge of the cliff. I looked over my shoulder to see Jooheon smiling so brightly that his eyes turned into half-moons. God, I wanted to punch him. Thankfully Kihyun and Minhyuk stepped up and joined me at the platform. With the two of them flanking me I felt my nerves settle a little. I was still nervous as hell and avoided looking down at any cost but their presence lessened it just a bit.

I grounded my teeth and pressed my lips as tightly together as I could. I was not going to scream on the way down. No, no, no. That would be such a disaster. “Ok, on 3” Kihyun said to us. My heart rate sky rocketed at his words and I looked down. . “3… 2…” , , . ‘’1. Go!”

We jumped and everything happened in slow motion. My tummy dropped and a high pitched scream escaped from my lips as I took in the endless blue; the cloudless sky, the lake stretching for miles and miles and I was caught in between both, legs dangling, arms flailing. The surface of the lake was so far away. We were still falling and I was still god damn screaming. I couldn’t stop, just like I couldn’t close my eyes. I needed to see it. If I was to die now, I needed to see how it happens. 

We finally hit the cool waters of the lake, the dive driving us deep under the water. I kicked as hard as I could and swam up to the surface, once breaking free of the water I took in a huge gulp of air and let out a howl of relief. The two in the distance did the same, however their screams were of excitement. The “let’s do this again” kinda screams. I snorted and lifted my head up towards the rock we just jumped off. Damn it was high up. I survived that. I could hear the echoes of laughter emerging from the top of the rock. No doubt due to my high pitched scream. I mentally scolded myself for letting that happen. Way to go Wonho, way to go! I’m pretty sure I just lost any “cool guy” status Hara could have had of me from that stunt.

A minute later I saw Shownu and Chaeyeon emerge at the rock. Shownu shouted for us to clear the way since the rest of them were coming to join us. We did so and the two of them, hand in hand jumped off, they screamed at the thrill of the jump and within seconds joined us at the bottom. I was baffled by the amount of time it took for them to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter