Unexpected Guest

Slave to the Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three hours later we finally made it to the top of the hanging rocks around Lake Hope. No matter how many times I’ve been here, the view is still breath taking. The sky was clear and the sun was high, making the lake sparkle like diamonds on the surface. The area was so peaceful and quiet. The only sounds were the birds chirping and the soft lapping of water. It was truly a hidden gem in this little town.

The hanging rocks at the top were wide and flat, making it perfect for sunbathing, and setting up our picnic spot. The rocks also led to a steep drop down into the lake. This particular feature has its appeal to the adrenaline junkies, aka my brothers, who wanted an unconventional way to get into the water. I on the other hand was not so thrilled about this little feature. I’ve done it previously and it’s quite the rush. But that initial step that has one looking over the edge makes me sick to my stomach. I have a slight case of acrophobia, the fear of heights. So it’s going to take a whole lot of arguing between the devil and angel on my shoulder to get me to jump off the rock.  

The girls in the group stripped down to their bikinis and made themselves comfortable on the blanket splayed across the rocks whilst I made myself useful and poured them a glass of premade box cocktails. I then grabbed a beer and joined the guys who were now digging into the fried chicken and other foods that we carried. The hike sure did make us hungry.

Half an hour later the familiar smell of Cedarwood and Jasmin wafted through the air. The scent mixed with something different and vaguely familiar… lavender with hints of amber. My body immediately stiffened. Everyone caught the scent and turned to the trees in the distance, where we had hiked up.

“Wow guys, thanks for the invite!” Minyoung’s voice rang through the air. Next to her appeared Hara. More beautiful than I remembered. She was dressed in a black bikini paired with denim shorts. Her exposed skin was glistening with sweat. Yesterday she looked like an innocent and pretty girl who finally came home after a long leave of absence. Today she looked like a damn seductress. My gazed lingered on her toned belly and continued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter