snap out of it

i was told to follow my dreams (so i followed you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun shortly arrived from the hospital and took note of the room Wheein texted her. Fortunately for the woman they saved, she didn't lose a lot of blood and was healing well, Wheein and the doctor assured. The doctor suggested to ask the woman for her relative's number as soon as she's awake so they can at least inform them about her condition. Both Wheein and Yongsun nodded in agreement. 

Yongsun was beyond exhausted and the blood stains on her clothes are not at all appealing. The younger of the two noticed her exhaustion. Who wouldn't be tired after a long fight with aggressive vampires? Not to mention that Yongsun quickly drove to the hospital to check on her friend and the woman. Wheein felt sorry for the older.

"Unnie, you can go home and rest.  I'll stay here until she wakes up so we can call her parents or something. " The younger smiled at Yongsun who was trying her best not to close her eyes.

"But--"

"No but's, unnie. You've already done enough today," Just then, a stomach growl was heard and Wheein knew it was Yongsun. "See? You haven't even eaten yet. Go home." The younger chuckled. 

Yongsun felt embarrassed and didn't have arguments left on her table to throw at Wheein. She gave the latter a short hug before giving her last reminders that she should call in case of any emergency and to eat as well.


Driving home to her flat, Yongsun still couldn't comprehend why the vampires acted that way. It's a given that opponents can attack violently, but Yongsun knew how vampires act during their fights and encounters. 

The creatures are not the type to put up in a heated encounter. They usually just fight back for a while, then retreat. It's quite cowardly of them, but it's their tactics to avoid getting injured further, especially once Yongsun's team are the ones they're dealing with. It's not a secret that Yongsun's team is the most progressive one in their organization.

Other than their unsual demeanor, Yongsun also remembered the silver-haired creature that stared at her and vanished. Yongsun had a lot of vampires who looked at her with anger, but with the strange woman from her latest encounter, it's different. It lingered. Yongsun felt like there was some kind of unfathomable force into her gaze that's trying to send a message.

"I'm going crazy." Yongsun quietly muttered, trying to shake the thought of the silver-haired woman in her head. She can delve into her questions later. For now, she needs to stop by the store that serves spicy rice cakes 24/7.


**

Arriving in their shared house, Hyejin angrily tossed her things on the couch and tried to cool herself down. She should've known this would happen.

"You need to snap out of it, unnie." Hyejin snapped as soon as the older vampire, Byulyi closed the door.

"Snap out of what?"

The latter said confusedly, making Hyejin angrier than she already is.

"I told you to distract their leader, didn't I?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter