watchful eyes

i was told to follow my dreams (so i followed you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fast was her movements, and witty was her brain. Kim Yongsun, the most renowned vampire slayer of her time, was roaming through the night again, hoping to get some action soon. 

 

It's almost midnight, and as cliché as it sounds, Yongsun knows that most dark creatures would have their fun soon; going to clubs to look for potential preys, and hiding in dark alleyways waiting for helpless, innocent humans to satisfy their thirst. 

 

She knows it too well. Yongsun's been part of the 'Vampire Slayers' team for three years and counting, and so far, she's considered by their leader as the ace and gem of their team. She never failed a mission and she never got outsmarted by cunning vampires.

 

Well, at least not yet.

 

**

 

Yongsun, together with her reliable teammates, Wheein and Irene, were on their way to a night club. Earlier, they got an informant saying that vampires are planning to attack at the newly-opened club along Maple street, so Yongsun and her team didn't hesitate to take the mission.

 

Dressed in her most daring black, fitted dress, Yongsun entered the club with her teammates, Wheein and Irene, trailing behind her wearing dashing outfits too.

 

"Five minutes 'til twelve. Do you think they'd actually attack?" The short girl, Wheein, whispered to Yongsun as they made their way to the bar.

 

"I'm not sure too, but we'll find out soon," Yongsun muttered, her eyes scanning the crowd for suspicious stares or movements.

 

Irene handed Yongsun and Wheein each a glass of wine, "Isn't it too risky for them to attack, though? I'm sure that they knew that we'll be surveilling this place since it's new and filled with people." 

 

"Maybe."

 

 

Wheein's phone vibrated, signaling that it's already midnight and the three of them should prepare soon. She glanced at the two, in which they both nodded in reply and started walking. Their plan was to spread out and look for any trouble.


Three minutes into twelve, Yongsun noticed that there isn't a commotion yet. It semmed so unlikely for vampires not to charge at exactly twelve or even earlier. 

 

But Yongsun knew better since she had taken note that vampires are highly unpredictable creatures. The leader decided to get lost in the crowd just in case the enemies are hiding themselves among the dancing people in the middle. 

 

Yongsun was cautiously, but casually walking through. Her senses on alert because who knew when will the vampires attack. Almost reaching the stage, Yongsun felt her gut twist. 

 

She felt watched.

 

The leader intentionally dropped the purse she was holding, only to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter