Chapter 4: Inside The Daemonez

Of Angels And Demons

"How are you feeling?" Jennie questioned, sitting beside a distracted Jisoo.

"Why?" Jisoo replied without looking at Jennie, she was absent-mindedly stirring her cup of coffee.
"Wendy set off to kill Irene...your sister?"
Jisoo stopped stirring. "She probably hates me." she said, an underlying tone of sadness on her voice.
"You think?" Jennie prodded, taking a sip of the older girl's coffee.
"Hey," she said, taking the coffee mug back from her. "I betrayed her, what do you expect?"
"Sisterhood?" Jennie replied.
Jisoo rolled her eyes. "I don't wanna talk about it."
"Do you miss her?"
"What part of don't wanna talk about it don't you get?" she said turning in her seat to look at Jennie upfront.
"Okay." Jennie said lifting her hands.
They heard the door open, and in came Wendy.
Jisoo's heart started beating a mile an hour. "D-did you do it?" she asked.
Wendy looked at her, her expression remained stoic. "...not yet." she said turning around and going upstairs to her room.
A wave of relief washed over Jisoo as she slumped down, a part of her wanted her sister to someday forgive her, they had always been very close before the whole "betrayal".
Jennie looked at her knowingly, smiling a little at the latter. "Guess your prayers were answered..."
"W-what!?" Jisoo asked perplexed.
"Nothing" Jennie smiled, lifting herself up from her seat. "I've got business to do, see ya later." she said, taking her gun from the gun cabinet and putting it in her coat while opening the front door.
Jisoo smiled a bit, of course Jennie would know she was worried about Irene, the older Bae is her sister after all and Jennie always knew what Jisoo was feeling, for some reason.
They had a special dynamic that only they understood, they'd bicker and tease each other, but they were also always there for each other, it was nice. 

 
---🌈🦄🌈---♥---🌈🦄🌈---

 
[2 missed calls]
Chaeyoung looked at her cellphone's screen again, part of her wanted to answer and another part of her wanted to let the other call a hundred thousand times until she got the message that she was mad.
The phone started buzzing again, finally she answered after the third ring.
She sighed before answering. "What Lisa?"
"Please Chaeng, can't we just talk?" Lisa pleaded.
"We're talking right now."
"You know what I mean."
"There's nothing to talk about, you made your decision very clear."
"Please Rosé-" Lisa got cut off before she could finish. 
"Don't...don't call me that." she said with a hint of sadness in her voice. 
Park "Rosé" Chaeyoung, ex member of the Daemonez. She's smart, sly and agile. The sweet girl had found herself joining the gang briefly because of her stupid best friend, Lisa, whom she's in love with, of course Lisa is oblivious to this fact.
Lisa sighed. "Sorry Chaeyoung..."
After a minute of silence Chaeyoung spoke up again. "...how are you?"
"...good..." after a minute of silence on the line, Lisa spoke up again. "I miss you." she said in such a fragile and small voice that Chaeyoung's heart broke a little for the blonde girl.
"I miss you too." she replied softly.
"I'm sorry I decided to stay...I should've left with you when you told me too."
"You can always try...it's not too late."
"Isn't it?" she said defeated, before Rosé could argue she continued. "The only way for me to leave is if Wendy lets me go...and that's not happening."
Chaeyoung had escaped the gang thanks to the exact same skills Wendy decided to take her in for, her strategic planning and slyness. Wendy wouldn't have just let her quit the gang, she knew too much.
"Be careful, if she knows you're talking to me..." she trailed off.
"I know..." Lisa replied. "I just wanted to hear you." she said earnestly.
At this Chaeyoung blushed. "Yah, Lalisa, don't go all soft on me now." she chuckled.
Lisa laughed softly. "Okay Chaeng."
They stayed in the line for a couple more seconds before Lisa decided to end the call.
"I've gotta go Chaeng." she said with a hint of sadness.
"...okay." Chaeyoung replied with a small voice.
"Bye...talk to you soon, maybe?" she said unsure.
"...of course." the redhead chuckled.
Before Lisa hung up she heard Chaeyoung call her name.
"Lisa...please just...stay save, for me, okay?" Chaeyoung said, a bit of desperation palpable in her words.
"Okay." Lisa answered with a small smile on her face. 
"Promise me."
"...I'll try."
Chaeyoung sighed. "Okay, good enough."
They both chuckled, then Lisa finally hung up. 
Chaeyoung flopped on her bed after putting her phone down on the nightstand.
"I really do miss you too Lisa..." she whispered before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.
Unknown to her Lisa had also whispered an "I really do miss you a lot Chaeng." to no one in particular.

 
---🌈🦄🌈---♥---🌈🦄🌈---

 
Blood stained her knuckles and shirt, but she was happy, her boots were digging on the guy's skull underneath her while she counted the money she had come to collect.
"Hmm, I reckon the boss told me you owed her 3k, not 2.5." she said with ease.
"Please Yves," the guy said struggling, his face pressed to the cold concrete. "Tell her that that's the best I could do."
"Your best is not good enough." she deadpanned taking her gun out and pointing it to his head.
"WAIT, WAIT, HERE!" he said, wriggling around to reach for his pockets, giving the rest of the money to her.
"Ah...so you were trying to trick me..." she replied taking the money. ”Give me a sec." she said smiling.
She took her phone out, putting even more pressure on the guys skull, her other hand still pointing at him with her gun.
"Boss?" the guy heard Yves ask on the phone. "I've got the money, but I don't think his worth having around anymore..." she trailed off. After a few seconds of silent she nodded and hung up.
"Okay, get up." she told him, the guy stood up, caressing his head and cleaning the blood dripping from his mouth with his shirt. "You're lucky..." she said with a stoic face.
The guy's face washed with relief, he turned around to leave, but before he took another step he heard her voice again.
"You're lucky she told me to make it quick." she said before firing the gun at his head, killing him instantly.
Marlon Cesky, 45, multiple assaults, drug dealing, battery, murder, and extortion, dead.
Yves smiled satisfied at her work. "Pleasure doing business with you Marlon, rest in peace." she said, blowing the dead man a kiss. "Another job well done." she told herself.
She walked away from the warehouse they were at and took her phone out. "I took someone out, take care of it, I'll send the address." she said to one of the lesser gang members.
It usually worked like that, she did the killing part and someone else handled the mess, it worked for her.
She hung up and started making her way back to the house to hand Wendy the money.
"All in a day's work."