Chapter 16: Peek a Boo

Of Angels And Demons

"Lisa, I need your help with something." the leader of the Daemonez said.

Lisa turned around on her seat, surprised that Wendy had decided to ask her, on what she supposed was a job, but then she realized why, it made sense that Wendy would rely on her more now since Yves had been doing Jennie's deals and her own "jobs" as per Wendy's request, so she was basically out of the house most of the time and Jennie was taking care of Jisoo, who obviously couldn't do much right now.

So Lisa only nodded and lifted herself up from one of the living room's chairs she was sitting in.
"Sure boss, what do you need?" Lisa asked.

"Let's go for a ride." Wendy said, fishing for the car keys in her faux leather jacket's pocket.

Lisa gulped following Wendy out the house and into the car. She felt like she was gonna be scolded for something, or killed, then again, if Yves is still alive and walking after what she did, then Wendy was most definitely not going to kill her.

'But then what does she-' Lisa's thoughts were interrupted by Wendy's voice.

"Relax, you're not in trouble if that's what you're thinking." Wendy said smiling at Lisa. "In fact, I think you've always been the least troublesome out of the group." she said with a brief chuckle.
Lisa smiled back at the leader, they were already out the Daemonez property, where were they even going?

"Do you remember when I took you in?" Wendy suddenly asked.

"Uh, of course." Lisa answered. 'Where is this going-?'

"Rosé..." Wendy started.

Lisa flinched in her seat. 'Uh oh, there it is...does she want to bring her back? I can't let that happen.' she thought. Her heart beating faster by the second.

"When she left the gang...how did she?" the leader finally asked.

"Wh-what do you mean...boss?" Lisa rebuked unsure.

Wendy sighed. "Relax kid, I'm not looking for her, she's not in danger, trust me." she said giving Lisa a small smile.

Lisa finally breathed out, that definitely helped her feel calmer, as long as Chaeyoung was safe, then it was okay.

"So..." Wendy strayed again. "How did she?"

"I honestly don't know the technicalities, I think she just-"

"No, I'm not curious of the plan itself." Wendy said cutting Lisa off.

"Uhm, boss, I'm not sure I understand the question then." Lisa replied confused.

"How did she set it up, what did she tell you?" Wendy asked.

"She didn't." Lisa simply said. "She planned it all out way beforehand, the place she would be staying at, how far away, how much money she needed to take, everything and then she just...left." Lisa answered.

Wendy registered a small amount of hurt behind Lisa's words, perhaps she felt like Rosé hadn't trust her enough to tell her, or rather...

"Lisa, what would you do if you left the gang?" Wendy asked.

Lisa looked at Wendy thinking that maybe it was a trick question and she was actually going to be killed, but saw nothing but good natured curiosity behind the leader's eyes.

"...I don't know...this is all I can do really..." the blonde said in a sour tone.

"I don't think so." Wendy replied. "You're smart kid, you'll figure it out.

"Im not smart." she scoffed. "That's Chae-uh Rosé's thing, not mine."

Wendy breathed an airy laugh. "You'll figure it out if it comes to it...plus you'll always have Chaeyoung, that girl would never allow anything happening to you." the leader chuckled.

"Wh-what, she-" Lisa got cut off before being able to form a rational sentence.

"I know you two have kept in touch...I'm not stupid, I also know that she's doing good." Wendy said nonchalantly.

Lisa was stunned, so Wendy knew they stayed in contact? "Why...why didn't you-?"

"I'm not interested in hunting Rosé down, or anything like that, I never was, yes, I was angry at the beginning, feeling like she had played me, but, she's a good kid, I would've never-no I would never hurt her...or you, just so that's clear."

Lisa felt a weight off of her chest, she could breathe again, but there was something Lisa wasn't understanding out off all of this.

"Boss, why are you telling me all this, why are we talking about...this?" Lisa asked confused.
Wendy only looked at her and smiled, before focusing back on the road. "Things are changing soon Lisa, I'm just trying to make sure everyone's okay." the leader replied sincerely.

Lisa still didn't quite understand, what was going on, but accepted the answer nonetheless, nodding her head and returning the smile.

--- ---♥--- ---

Irene shook her hand with the couple in front of her.

"Pleasure doing business with you Ms. Bae, as always, you never dissapoint." the woman said, discretely handing the D'Angeli leader a bag with money.

Irene smiled politely while gesturing Seulgi to take the bag. "No problem Mr. And Mrs. Kim." she replied.

After saying they're farewells everyone parted, the rich couple went their way and the two D'Angeli members went their own.

"There's a lot in here." Seulgi said widening her eyes. "I thought Joy had only sold them a 250k shipment.

"She did," Irene replied. "but I talked to them later and convinced them to buy the rest. Should be about 700k in the bag." she replied proudly.

"Damn! You really outdid yourself this time Boss unnie!" Seulgi replied excited.
Irene smiled at the other's excitement, it was cute.

"But, there's something bugging me..." the monolid eyed hitman started saying. "Why are you making the deal? You usually don't like being the one out and about doing the business, you prefer monitoring from afar, what changed?" Seulgi finished asking a bit confused.

Irene looked at her, the conversation she had witnessed between Seulgi and Joy 3 nights ago fresh in her memory.

"Seulgi," the leader began. "Promise me that whatever happens, you'll take care of Joy, stick together, ok?" Irene said with conviction.

Seulgi stared at Irene, feeling a strange sense of heavy weight behind the leader's words. "Of course I will, as long as she let's me, I'll be there." Seulgi answered.

"Good." Irene said, not answering Seulgi's question, but the statement had been enough for the younger to not ask anything else.

--- ---♥--- ---

Wendy was alone in the dark alley between the Perfect Velvet dinner and the Happiness car wash, patiently waiting for her new partner in crime.

"Ready?" a voice from behind Wendy said.

The Daemonez leader turned around with a smile. "For you, always."

Irene smiled and grabbed Wendy's hand intertwining their fingers.

"I guess this is it huh?" Wendy said, a bit of nervousness hidden in her voice.

"Yeah...this is-it's for the best." Irene said, unsure at first but ending with confidence.

Wendy looked at the D'Angeli leader, her eyes reflecting nothing but conviction and also a bit of something else...could it be...affection, love?

Irene noticed Wendy staring at her, she smiled.

"By the way..." Irene started. "Before we do this, I've been meaning to do something for a while now..." she finished.

Wendy tilted her head. "What is it?"

"This." Irene replied leaning in, finally, after weeks of tiptoeing around each other, Irene finally got to kiss her, their soft lips fitting like puzzle pieces that were meant to be all along.

Irene could taste the faint orange chapstick flavor that was so Wendy, and the Daemonez leader could taste the vanilla one that was so fitting for Irene. Neither could be happier, the kiss was perfect.

After they separated, both still stayed close, their foreheads touching and eyes closed.

"Yeah, I have also been waiting for this." Wendy said smiling.

Irene returned the smile. "Okay...now, let's do this." she said, squeezing Wendy's hand with a bit more force.

"Yeah." Wendy replied.