I Promise

Secrets

Changsun POV

     I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. The rage Minho felt affected all of us.
     "Minho.. That's enough," I said taking the gun from him.
     "Don't touch me," he snapped, "7 years ago, don't you remember?"
     "Of course we do, but there's no need to pull the trigger Minho," Shin said cautiously.
     "You know what, I don't care. If ya'll want her to know, go ahead. I don't want to waste my time on these people," he stormed out of the door.

 

Jungsu POV

     Miyun has been sick lately. She refuses to go to the hospital, and on occasion, she throws up. As I'm at the store getting groceries, Minjee calls me.
     "What?! She's what?!" I screamed into the phone. I bolted to the register and ran home.
     "Hyung! Bali!" Jihoo screeched pulling my arm upstairs. We busted down the door to find the room a mess; mirrors broken, papers scattered everywhere, bedsheets torn, her clothes tattered, clumps of hair were scattered on the floor. 
      "She went out of control," Minjee said appearing out of the bedroom with a towel covered in blood, "I couldn't stop her... You need to take her to the hospital before she gets worse."
      "What happen? When I left, she was sleeping soundly on her bed," I sputtered as I took a step into the room.
      "That's what I was wondering. She woke up bawling her eyes out and saying she didn't want to die. I tried to calm her down but she just went berserk. She started tearing the room apart and we had no choice but lock the door. After she calmed down, her knuckles were covered in blood," Minjee explained.
     I walked to the corner, she looked up at me with her tear-filled eyes, "Jungsu.. I don't want to die."
     "You're not going to die, I promise," I said examining her knuckles, "Let's go to the hospital okay?" For the first time ever, she agreed. I gently picked her up; she was so light that I was afraid, if we don't hurry, it's going to be too late to save her.
     "If mom asks, tell her I'm taking Miyun to the hospital," I told Minjee.
     "Take care of her well hyung," Jihoo said opening the door for me, "Jebal."
     I nodded and drove off to the hospital.

~At the hospital

Listen to this song, when you read this part! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4UWMroLFQ     

 

     

     "Sir, you may see her now," the doctor told me. He walked me to the room where Miyun was operated; through the glass window, she looked weak and fragile but peaceful.
     "She needs to be in the hospital for further examination, so please bare with us," the doctor said opening the door, "You can enter." 
     I sat on the chair by her bed. She looked so innocent, it made me feel sad that she had such a tragic past. Their family was so poor and practically blamed everything on her. She had so many scars and wounds yet she was the strongest girl I've seen. I held her bandaged hand.
     "Babo," I sniffled, "Why are you so stubborn? If you die, I'll never forgive myself." I closed my eyes and let the tears roll down my cheeks, remembering what she told me last night.
     ~"Don't cry over me," she whispered as she wiped the tears away, "It's not worth it."
     "You're awake," I said blinking my eyes. 
     "I knew this would happen someday, but not this soon. I didn't want to be a burden to anyone, so I kept it inside," she explained, "I really like you. I thought I would never find another guy like Shin but here you are, and I want to thank you for everything. Your love was so gentle and warm-welcoming."~
     I opened my eyes expecting to see her beautiful clear eyes staring right back at me, instead all I see is her pale face. I remember the first time I saw her, she had the brightest smile I've ever seen. The way ahjussi told me about her, she was definitely one of a kind. 
     "Sir? Visiting hours is over," the nurse told me. 
     "Araso," I said standing up. I took one last look at her, "Wake up soon," I kissed her forehead and walked out the door.
     I stood at the window watching the nurse attend to her. 
     I won't let you die Miyun, I promise. Even if it means giving up my life, I would do anything to see you smile again.