break up to make up

break up to make up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week, Sunggyu reminds himself a week after he broke up with Woohyun.

He does it every day.

It's been a week and one day.

A week and two days.

A week and— another week.

And— well, you know how it goes.

Sometimes he feels like people wouldn't want to hear him, or that he'd be such a big burden to others if he'd actually voice out his thoughts.

Like how he still couldn't get over Woohyun, even if he was the one who broke things off. Like how he thought about the younger rather constantly, wondering what the other would be doing. Like how he still has Woohyun's shampoo in his bathroom or how there's still a heart in his contact number.

Perhaps that's not how someone should be getting over his ex, he reckons.

"Of course not." Sungyeol snickers lightly when Sunggyu tells him. He wonders why he did it. "Did you really break up, though?"

"We did!"

"How'd happen?"

Sunggyu's got to cover his face and exhale loudly to answer.

"It was stupid. Just another stupid fight—"

"How did it start?"

"Uh, I actually don't remember. I think we were watching Game of Thrones—"

"You broke up just because of a show?" Sungyeol gapes.

"One, it isn't just a show. Two, it wasn't because of that either. We started fighting because of that, but you know how he keeps some things and well— let's just say he had a lot to say that night."

"And then?"

And then Woohyun had said they should take some time, and Sunggyu was putting on his jacket, ready to go and cool off wherever Woohyun wanted, he didn't mind. But then Woohyun said that he didn't get it, that he meant a time from each other. 

"And I said in these exacts words: I'll make it easier for you, we're done."

"Hyung..."

Yeah. Not Sunggyu's brightest moment.

The thing is, Sunggyu didn't think Woohyun would give in that easily. He expected the younger to call him the next day, or maybe two days after, but such call never came and he was too proud to do it himself and save their relationship.

It's been two week of Sunggyu evading Woohyun and he thinks he doesn't love him any less, if anything, he loves him twenty times more.

"What do I do now?" Sunggyu sighs. "How is he? Is he eating well? Is he sleeping? Is he— is he seeing someone else?"

Sungyeol snorts.

"I'm making him eat regularly and I'd say he's sleeping way too much. And no, he's not seeing someone. Or hasn't mentioned it at least."

"That's good."

"And I think you should call him. Look, it's been two weeks and he has been keeping me, his best friend, his soulmate, his partner in crime, his other buttcheek—"

"—Sungyeol—"

"He's been keeping me in the dark. I think everyone else is just as much lost about the whole thing, and I think we know why he's not saying anything to anyone."

"… cause he wants to forget me?"

"Since when are you the stupid one?" Sungyeol mocks. "I thought that was—"

"You." Sunggyu says.

"—Howon. Oh."

Sungyeol tells him that a friend of him is playing in a bar next Friday and he invited Woohyun. It was the perfect chance to go himself and act like they met there by pure coincidence, and then they'll start a small talk and fix the whole thing up. It'd go easy peasy lemons squeezy.

The thing is, nothing went out easy peasy lemon squeezy.

First, Sunggyu overslept. Not by much, but he had no time to think about what to wear and went out with his slippers on. It was until he was getting into the bar that he forgot his wallet at home. Brilliant.

He sat in one of the stools and aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter