SURPRISE!

IBJH FM

“This is your DJ, Irene, signing off. Have a nice day people!” Joohyun said as she cued on the last music for her timeslot before cleaning her little radio station for the next DJ to start broadcasting.

 

Picking her stuffs up and shoving them into her backpack, the brunette was getting ready to walk out of the studio. As she stepped out of the radio station, Joohyun immediately walked to the bus stop, wanting to get home as soon as she can, wanting to crash onto her bed and sleep all day. Joohyun was just about to stuff her ear with her earphone before a voice caught her attention.

 

“Hey fart girl!”

 

Joohyun stopped dead on her track. There’s no way people would know her face, wouldn’t they? The brunette’s real identity was still a mystery to her listeners so listening to someone calling her in public like this, made her panic a little.

 

Turning her head towards the source of the voice slowly, the DJ immediately heaved a sigh of relief as she realized it was Seungwan after all.

 

“I told you to stop calling me that!” Joohyun whined cutely before staggering herself towards Seungwan, who was smiling like a fool this whole time.

 

“Why?” Seungwan was still wearing that foolish smile as she spread her arms out, welcoming Joohyun’s hug happily. “It’s cute.”

 

“It’s embarrassing.” The brunette said as she hugged her girlfriend, immediately buried her face on the crook of Seungwan’s neck.

 

“Fine fine.” The now-black-haired girl mumbled lazily before kissing Joohyun’s head softly, not forgetting to return the hug Joohyun was giving her.

 

They stayed at this position for a few minutes before the shorter one broke the hug first.

 

“How was work?” Seungwan asked as soon as they broke the hug.

 

“I thought you’re my loyal listener?” Joohyun joked, which earned a cute frown from the girl in front of her.

 

“Hey!” Seungwan scoffed playfully before continuing, “I am. I’m asking as your girlfriend, not as your listener. Is work tiring you?” The younger of the two cupped Joohyun’s cheeks, looking at her worriedly. Seungwan knew how tired Joohyun was even though the latter didn’t really show it to her.

 

“I am fine Wan-ah.” The brunette assured her girlfriend before pecking her lips softly, just to shut Seungwan up from blabbering more. “Don’t worry, tomorrow is my day off anyway.”

 

“Alright alright.” Seungwan gave up before returning Joohyun’s peck, which she always does whenever the older would kiss her first.

 

“What are you doing here anyway? I thought you’re at home sleeping.”

 

“I just feel like picking my lovely girlfriend up from work.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

The two lovebirds are together for almost five years now and they’re as strong as ever. They bought an apartment together on their 3rd anniversary, with their own money. Joy too, had moved in with her girlfriend which is fortunately just a few blocks away from Joohyun and Seungwan’s apartment. Seungwan graduated from university and is now working as a songwriter and producer, producing songs ranging from small artist to international artists, whereas Joohyun is still a radio DJ, and was getting more and more recognition nationwide. Though Joohyun never revealed her identity to the public, her listeners do know that she and odd-bus-stop-girl are dating for almost five years. They don’t know who Seungwan and her really was, and the brunette intended on keeping it that way forever. She is a private person anyway.

 

Joohyun got back her night shift and Seungwan usually work during day time, which means the two of them would spend less time with each other since Joohyun sleep when Seungwan works, and vice versa. So, every seconds with each other is precious for them.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Joohyun slept late last night, and her tired body gave up as soon as she crashed her body on their bed, falling asleep as soon as she closed her eyes. Seungwan sighed worriedly as soon as she walked out of the bathroom after taking a long shower. Her eyes trailed on Joohyun’s petite body sprawled on the bed, and a soft smile appeared on her face looking at her hardworking DJ girlfriend. Being a late night DJ really had a toll on Joohyun’s body clock anyway. Thank god she has a day off tomorrow, Seungwan thought as she walked slowly to their bed, laying herself beside the brunette who was sleeping soundly.

 

Rolling herself to Joohyun’s side, Seungwan immediately wrapped her hands around her girlfriend’s small frame warmly, not forgetting to cover themselves with blanket before doing so. She caressed Joohyun’s back softly, to which the latter responded with inching herself to Seungwan closer, burying her face on Seungwan’s chest, breathing calmly.

 

“Goodnight, love.” The black haired girl whispered before kissing Joohyun’s head gently. “I love you.” And closed her eyes, with a smile on her face.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Joohyun woke up to an appetizing smell coming from the kitchen. Sitting on the bed lazily, the drowsy girl stretched her body sluggishly, whining silently before getting up from the bed, tottering to the source of nice smell lazily, eyes still half-opened.

 

As soon as she arrived at the kitchen, Joohyun was immediately greeted with her girlfriend who was wearing an oversized white t-shirt and some pyjama pants, her round specs were hanging at the tip of her nose, a habit of hers whenever she cooks. Seungwan was cooking breakfast while listening to some of the unreleased songs she made over the Bluetooth speaker, bopping her head to the tune while humming to it. She has not realized Joohyun’s appearance as she was still humming happily while cooking.

 

Without saying a word, Joohyun just walked towards Seungwan with a pout, immediately wrapped her arms around Seungwan’s waist.

 

“Oh.” Seungwan uttered before side-glancing at her pouty girlfriend, finally realizing the older’s appearance. “Good morning love. How was sleep?” Asked the shorter.

 

Joohyun pecked Seungwan’s lips softly before answering, “It was fine. What are you cooking anyway?”

 

“Just some seaweed soup. Wash yourself up while I finish making breakfast, Hyun.” Seungwan said and pecked Joohyun’s lips back, before continue cooking.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

It was afternoon and the couple were sitting comfortably on the couch, cuddling, watching some random television show, just enjoying their off-day as much as they can. Being like this, relaxing like this, was really rare for them, so they were really grateful for today, since they can finally spend time with each other after a long time.

 

“Hey.” Joohyun broke the silence before smiling widely at Seungwan. “Do you remember our first date?” Out of nowhere, she immediately burst into fits of laughter, the corner of her eyes forming tears due to her excessive laughs.

 

Seungwan, on the other hand has her face as red as her former hair colour. “Stop laughing! I was nervous at that time!” She defended herself.

 

Their first date wasn’t really successful, though it does end with them smooching each other. But before ending their first date with smooching, Seungwan was apparently very nervous that time till she choked on her omelette and blew an onion out of her nose, to which Joohyun reacted by laughing out loudly. Till both of them were kicked out of the restaurant due to the laughing-and-choking-noises they made.

 

“Yeah.” Joohyun wiped the tears off her eyes as she recalled back the incident. “Very nervous.” She was now patting her hurt-due-to-too-much-laughing stomach, still giggling in the process of doing so.

 

“It’s not as bad as your t-rex farting though.” Seungwan retorted back before smiling smugly, looking at the older girl who was feeling threatened at her remark.

 

“So that’s where you’re heading, huh?” Joohyun taunted back before squirming herself away from her girlfriend, eyeing her menacingly (which was a cute sight for Seungwan).

 

“Yeah.” Seungwan didn’t back away. “And what about it?” She faked her anger.

 

Without any warning, Joohyun lunged forward, straddling the unsuspecting girl in front of her and immediately tickled Seungwan on her weak spots.

 

The younger of the two immediately burst into loud shrieking and laughter due to Joohyun’s tickling.

 

“Joohyun! Stop!” Seungwan pleaded but was ignored. “It tickles!” She pleaded more before laughing more, eyes now teary due to the excessive laugh, she felt as if she would form six packs just by laughing alone.

 

Joohyun doesn’t show any signs of stopping. In fact, she is now adding more pressure on her tickling on poor Seungwan’s whole ticklish body.

 

“P-Please!” The black-haired girl pleaded more.

 

“Say you’re sorry first.” Joohyun laughed like a mad scientist as she continued to ‘torture’ her girlfriend.

 

“I-I’m sorry!” Seungwan forcefully answered. She felt as if she could faint in any seconds now.

 

Feeling satisfied, Joohyun finally stopped tickling Seungwan who was breathless. “That should teach you a lesson.” She added as she was still straddling on the tired girl underneath her.

 

Huffing a breath, Seungwan immediately flipped them over, and she is now on top of Joohyun who was bewildered to all of this.

 

“My turn.” Seungwan smirked before kissing Joohyun senseless.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey, Hyun.” Seungwan said as she looked at Joohyun who was on top of her, eyes almost closing due to her warmness. After the whole tickling-making out incident a few hours ago, the two lovebirds were too tired to even move till the older of the two fell asleep on top of Seungwan, who didn’t mind even a bit.

 

“Hmm?” Joohyun asked lazily, looking at Seungwan straight in the eyes back.

 

“Let’s go out, I need to show you something.”

 

Looking at Seungwan, Joohyun smiled widely and planted a chaste kiss on her girlfriend’s lips. “Okay.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Driving on her range rover, both of them were keeping quiet as Seungwan kept driving to a place she had in mind. They were accompanied by the slow jazz music playing on the radio that Joohyun liked so much.

 

The night sky looked very beautiful tonight and this is the perfect day to go out on a date with Joohyun, Seungwan thought.

 

After few minutes of driving, Seungwan stopped at the top of the hill, where they could clearly see the city lights glowing so brightly below them. Opening her door, the younger girl immediately walked to the back seat, where she brought a small blanket, perfect size for the both of them to sit on. Joohyun get out of the passenger door, eyes immediately staring at the clear starry sky that she loves so much.

 

Joohyun didn’t even realized that she looked on the sky for so long till Seungwan had call her name.

 

“Hyun,” Seungwan said so softly. Joohyun loved the way her name flowed out of Seungwan’s mouth so effortlessly. Seungwan is the only one who could make her stomach felt like a zoo, mind going haywire and heart beating like a sledgehammer, just by calling her name. “Come here.” She patted on the empty space beside her.

 

Joohyun smiled as soon as she heard Seungwan and immediately sat beside her, hands automatically wrapped around the younger’s body.

 

“Why are you so romantic, Wan-ah?” Joohyun cooed and kissed Seungwan’s cheek before resting her head on the latter’s shoulder.

 

“This isn’t the highlight.” The black-haired-girl replied, which earned a confused look from Joohyun. “Wait a sec.”

 

Seungwan squirmed herself away from Joohyun before standing up, walking to the car. The brunette pouted as she no longer feel Seungwan’s warm body next to her. But, the younger came back with a guitar.

 

“So,” Seungwan started before tuning her guitar. “Y’know, I realized I’ve always made songs for other people but not you.” She started to strum the guitar. “Anyway, I made this song for you, I wanted to release it but,” Seungwan stopped talking for a while before looking at Joohyun straight in the eye with that loving gaze of hers. “I only want you to hear this song. Not for other artists, not for any fans, but only for you.”

 

Joohyun’s was awestruck at this side of Seungwan. Sure the younger would sing her songs, serenading her to sleep whenever she’s feeling insomniac. But, Seungwan never really sing her an original song. And to find out that this song is dedicated to her, Joohyun doesn’t want to do anything but to marry this person in front of her right now and then.

 

Seungwan cleared before strumming her guitar, starting to sing.

 

Seungwan’s voice was so soft, so angelic till it made Joohyun unknowingly held her breath. Even after years hearing Seungwan singing, she never really realized till now, how sincere, how much emotion does her girlfriend’s voice has. Not until now. Joohyun focused on her girlfriend’s voice, Seungwan’s emotion, Seungwan’s love for her.

 

Joohyun’s eyes were teary, she was feeling all sort of emotions coming out from her. Even she herself couldn’t decipher what she was exactly feeling that time. The whole time Seungwan was singing, that was the whole time Joohyun has all sorts of emotions.

 

The black-haired girl stopped strumming and looked at Joohyun straight in the eyes, before saying softly, “Today I realized, how much I really loved you, for the first time.”. She ended the song with a warm smile, putting her guitar away.

 

They kept quiet for a few minutes, no one was saying anything. Joohyun was still feeling overwhelmed at everything. She felt like crying, she felt like laughing, she felt like hugging the girl in front of her.

 

“So how was-“

 

“I love you.”

 

Joohyun cut Seungwan’s words off, looking at her, tears threatened to escape her eyes.

 

The younger of the two smiled at her girlfriend’s cute reaction. “I love you too, Hyun. So much.” Seungwan said and caressed Joohyun’s wet cheeks softly using her thumbs.

 

Joohyun moved her head closer to Seungwan. She leaned in, so her forehead rested against Seungwan’s. Both of them automatically closed their eyes, breathing calmly.

 

“Thank you.” Joohyun said in barely more than a whisper.

 

“For what?”

 

“For being you.” Joohyun’s voice was soft, and she gently leaned in and kissed Seungwan’s warm lips.

 

“Start a family with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: BEEP BEEP SURPRISE MOTHERTRUCKER /throws fluff out of nowhere/ GET YOUR DAILY DOSE OF FLUFF FROM ME

In case you’re wondering, the song Wendy’s singing is RV’s First Time, and let’s just assume she made that song especially for Irene.

ANYWAY, I hope you enjoyed this update. Comment what you thought of this and upvote if you enjoyed it. Till then, bye bye!

Ps: sorry for any grammar mistake I didn’t proofread this :’)