...

of shared hoodies and chinese takeouts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time Mingyu spent time with him, Jeonghan confused him.

 

Jeonghan asked him to meet at the library to his relief. It was Friday and Mingyu has no class after lunch so he went early and willed himself to do some reading before meeting the other.

 

When he arrived however, Jeonghan was already there, bleached hair standing out amongst the other ones present in the room. He was sitting at one of the bigger tables next to the window, his things sprawled out over the large expanse of wood before him. Beside him, a tall man he can’t recognize sat, one arm lying relaxed over the backrest of his chair.

 

He paused for a moment, eyeing the both of them. The tall man was overly bulky and looked like he has gym lifetime membership card in his wallet. His hair stood up in arrays, like spikes and Mingyu wondered how much gel he's put in there. He has his whole focus on Jeonghan, leaning over him that it almost looked uncomfortable.

 

His staring was halted when Jeonghan suddenly looked up and their gazes met. He saw how his face lit up as he raised his hand and waved him over. Mingyu waddled towards them, stopping only a few centimeters from the table.

 

“I told you I’m meeting someone,” Jeonghan told the guy, a hint of exasperation in his tone.

 

The guy suddenly turned his attention to Mingyu, eyes glossing over his whole body like he was scanning him. Mingyu froze, not knowing what to do until the guy scoffed, backing his chair away from the table and standing up.

 

“Fine,” he sighed. “My invitation still stands though.” He put his hand on Jeonghan’s shoulder, patting it gently. “I want to see you there,” there was a slight pause wherein his hand just lingered there on the junction of Jeonghan's neck and shoulder before he took it off and gathered his things sitting on the ground. “See you later, babe.”

 

“Who’s that?” Mingyu can’t help but ask, putting his backpack on the table.

 

“I actually don’t know.”

 

“He was hovering over you like that and you don’t know him?” 

 

"I meant I do know him. I just can’t remember his name," Jeonghan disclosed, clearing away some of his things to create space. “I kissed him once in a party and now he’s being a bother,” he said so casually like it has happened many times before. “Anyway thank god you’re early, my nose has suffered enough.” Axe, Totally axe.

 

Jeonghan then smiled at him gesturing towards the seat beside him that was now vacant. Mingyu went, pulling the chair a little to create more space. Jeonghan turned to his laptop as Mingyu sat beside him awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

 

Mingyu peeked to what Jeonghan was doing. He was on Youtube, watching an explanation on antiderivatives.

 

He looked at Jeonghan’s side to which he found a notebook full of scribbles. He took a closer look. Ahh, pretty basic. Jeonghan must have been taking a general math course, a required subject to a lot of people. Although just a minor, the course has a reputation of being cursed and hated. Not Mingyu though. He has always loved Math.

 

“Here, it’s like this,” he said, pulling off the notebook beneath Jeonghan’s elbow and then getting a fresh page from his own pad. He copied the problem and when he was sure Jeonghan’s attention was on him, did the problem step by step, making sure that he was explaining it clearly.

 

When Mingyu looked up, Jeonghan was still fixated on the paper as if he was still trying to absorb what he just did. As he stared, he noticed how the other’s hair wasn’t falling in his forehead like before. It was swept to the side, held together behind his ear by two bobby pins. With his expression, forehead furrowed at the center, he looked too unassuming, different from the last time he saw him.

 

Well, that’s what Mingyu thought. At least until Jeonghan looked up again from his paper.

 

There was a glint in his eyes when he did so and Mingyu was reminded that yes, this was the same Jeonghan from the beach trip.

 

“How was your friend?” Jeonghan asked a little bit too cheerful.

 

Friend?

 

Mingyu stopped for a moment, noting how Jeonghan specifically said frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter