Byulyi

Affection

Byulyi's point of view.

____

 

 

Moon Byulyi loves Jung Wheein.

 

In that one sentence, that sums up all the feelings inside of Byulyi.

 

She always adores the younger girl, always likes her the most. She really thinks that Wheein is cute when she first met her. She was really shy at first, but when she hung out around Hyejin, she looked so different. She was bright, and happy, and loud. When Byulyi first saw her, she felt herself being pulled, like a magnet. She wanted to know her more, wanted to be closer to her.

 

People said that Wheein’s charm could only be felt when you spend time with her or be with her for a long time. But in Byulyi’s case, that isn’t true at all. Even from the first sight, Byulyi had taken a liking to the shorter girl, and true, within time, once you Whee-in, you can’t Whee-out. The mere feelings of crush, grew stronger, uncontrollably to something more than affection, more than just a friendship.

 

Byulyi really likes Wheein, genuinely, loves her.

 

Wheein is talented, witty, beautiful, sweet, kind, adorable, really really beautiful, and she’s really fragile. Always trying to avoid talking about her feelings, always putting up a tough front, always trying not to make anyone around her worry about her, but inside she’s dying, screaming for help, holding onto the dim light from being consumed by her darkness, trying to keep her canvas from turning black completely.

 

Inside she’s lonely.

 

Byulyi always tries her best to be close to her, to show affection to her, because frankly, Byulyi loves her, but at the other side, Wheein just needs it. She needs to feel loved, needs to feel appreciated. All of those were hidden behind her façade, but Byulyi knows better. But as time goes by, Byulyi becomes distant, she becomes uncertain and she avoids showing her feelings.

 

Until Hyejin called her the other day.

 

Byulyi had been busy, she knew that. She hadn’t checked up on her members, on Wheein especially. Maybe it’s because Byulyi was scared, hesitant about her feelings. Those uncontrollable feelings inside of her, she was confused on how to deal with it. It’s been going on for too long, Wheein has been seeing a few guys before, and even though she’s still single now, Byulyi doesn’t want to keep feeling jealous over her, when she’s not even hers to begin with. She has nothing over Wheein, she can’t confess, she’s too scared of the consequences. But she can’t just move on without doing anything when Wheein is just right beside her all the time, when Wheein loves all the attention Byulyi is giving her, or when Wheein blushes when Byulyi teases her. But everything is so confusing, she doesn’t know how to react, doesn’t know what to believe.

 

When Byulyi answered the call from Hyejin, she sounded worried.

 

Byulyi knew the problem even before she talked about it. She knew all these times, but being a coward she is, she didn’t know what to do, didn’t dare to approach the problem, and didn’t dare to talk to Wheein about it.

 

Hyejin said it’s serious now. That Wheein wouldn’t talk at all to her. That Wheein was depressed and she was worried.

 

Byulyi of course was worried too. But she was scared. Scared of her feelings for her. Scared of falling in her deeper. Scared of Wheein not feeling the same. She’s just scared of everything.

 

So Byulyi asked her, Why me?

 

Hyejin told her like she was an idiot. Stop being so insecure about yourself and stop being so damn selfish. Why can’t you see it? Wheein likes you a lot, you like her a lot, and she needs you now. How about one of you start to put an act to it as you both are coward as ? Why don’t you start? Why don’t you talk to her? She’s in a lot of pain Byul, you know that. And you know only you can talk to her. She wouldn’t push you away. Like she pushed all of us away.

 

That’s when Byulyi decided to go visit Wheein.

 

That’s when Byulyi confessed to Wheein when she was asleep.

 

And that’s when Wheein kissed her cheek when Byulyi was about to go to her schedule.

 

 

 

Time passes.

 

After that night in Wheein’s apartment, the two of them spend much more time together, most of the times watching movie and ordering foods in Wheein’s apartment. But neither Byulyi nor Wheein takes the initiative to talk about what happened at that night. Nobody is brave enough to start the conversation, and Byulyi stays as coward as she is.

 

Days become months, both of them become busier with recordings, practices, and promotions that the night is almost forgotten.

 

Almost. But honestly, Byulyi keeps on remembering that day in the back of her mind.

 

And one day, she just has had enough of her being a coward. She has had enough of ignoring her heart which is screaming Wheein’s name again and again. She has had enough of seeing Wheein smiles from afar, has had enough of the possibility of other people making her happy, has had enough of feeling scared that Wheein will fall for other people. Also, she has had enough of Hyejin’s wrath and lecture.

 

Byulyi then decides, she’s going to talk to Wheein, and she will make sure Wheein knows her feelings, loud and clear, regardless of what Wheein feels about her.

 

 

It’s a warm Saturday night. All of the members have just finished their newest song practices and are about to go to their respective houses. It’s the perfect moment for Byulyi to talk to Wheein, probably chilling in one of their apartment after buying drinks.

 

She stares nervously at the younger girl who’s talking with Hyejin, wondering if this is right, and wondering what the girl actually feels about her. The more she thinks about it, the more she feels scared. But she can’t back out now, it’s now or never.

 

Hyejin then catches the girl’s stare and raises her eyebrows.

 

Byulyi only makes a gesture with her head pointing at Wheein.

 

Being the smart and sensible girl she is, Hyejin understands immediately. She throws her a look of surprise, then becomes a look of doubt.

 

Byulyi maintains the determined look on her face.

 

The younger girl smirks, before she puts her attention back to Wheein, who’s still complaining about something. Byulyi sees Hyejin waving good bye to her friend, which is followed by Wheein pouting.

 

Byulyi averts her gaze to the phone in her hand when Hyejin points at her, probably telling Wheein to spend time with the rapper followed by some excuses that Hyejin is good at. Byulyi runs her hand through her dark grey hair, feeling nervous and flustered.

 

She waits for a while, and when she turns her head she sees Wheein standing near her shyly.

 

“Hey Wheein-ah” Byulyi grins, trying to act cool in front of the younger girl, while hiding her nervousness inside of her.

 

“Hey Byulyi unnie” Wheein smiles back to her, and the older girl swears she almost got a heart attack from that dimpled smile.

 

“You’re not going home?” Byulyi asks her, distracting herself from her sweating palm and loud heartbeat.

 

“I’m about to, do you want to go together?” the red haired girl asks shyly. Byulyi notices the slight blush on the girl’s cheeks, and she feels a bit more confident about her plan.

 

“Yeah, of course” She grins happily, “Since tomorrow we’re free, how about buying late night snacks before going home?” Byulyi says casually, trying not to sound hopeful and nervous.

 

“Yeah! Yeah… Of course” Byulyi thinks Wheein is happy with the idea, but she can never be too sure.

 

After changing clothes, both of them are now walking side by side quietly. There’s a certain tension around them that none of them are brave enough to mention.

 

Byulyi gulps the lump in . She fixes her black cap while glancing at the girl beside her who’s walking timidly. She turns the gear inside her head on how to address the problem of the tension between them. She sighs quietly.

 

Both of them walk in silent as the streets keep on bustling with sounds. Byulyi musters up her courage. “Wheein-ah” She starts.

 

She keeps her gaze straight forward, not brave enough to look at the girl beside her.

 

Her heart keeps thumping nervously inside her chest.

 

“Y-yes?” She hears Wheein responds just as nervous as she is.

 

Byulyi gulps again. “I… umm” She rubs the back of her neck, confused on how to approach the topic. She doesn’t know whether she has to confess, or just ask Wheein about how she feels about her.

 

She feels the thundering beats of her heart inside her chest.

 

The silence feels deafening to her.

 

“I like you unnie.”

 

Byulyi widens her eyes and turns her head to Wheein in surprise at the sudden confession that she swears she almost got a whiplash. She stops walking and the younger girl stops as well. Does she mean like as in, romantically?

 

The taller girl watches as Wheein fumbles with the hem of her shirt before looking up to her, staring right into her eyes. She could see the sincerity behind her dark brown eyes.

 

“You make me feel special unnie, like nobody ever could.” She says, now averting her eyes to the stars and moon behind Byulyi. “You always make me feel appreciated and loved. Not just as a friend or an older sister, but as more than that. You make my heart feels colorful and warm.”

 

Byulyi could see the small smile on her face.

 

“I really like you” Wheein stares at her eyes again with blushes decorating both of her cheeks.

 

Byulyi blushes as well. She gulps, feeling her heart beating out of control. She stares at the girl who’s now hanging her head low, staring at her own shoes.

 

My God.

 

Her heart swells in adoration.

 

She takes a step closer.

 

Wheein looks up and before she could say anything, Byulyi wraps her arms around the girl’s shoulder, pulling her body closer to hers, engulfing her into an embrace. She could feel Wheein’s body freezes, but she just couldn’t hold her feelings anymore. It feels like her heart is going to burst and it makes her crazy.

 

She sighs in content at the warmth.

 

“You are special to me Wheein-ah.” She says, closing her eyes. “I’ve liked you for so long. I’ve seen all your scars and beauty and all your tears and smiles. They are beautiful. You are beautiful.” She tightens her hug when she feels Wheein wraps her arms around her waist and snuggles closer.

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you all those times you’re feeling down.” She whispers.

 

Byulyi takes a deep breath.

 

“I love you Wheein-ah.”

 

She could hear Wheein’s muffled gasp in surprise and her body stiffens.

 

When Byulyi starts to doubt her decision on confessing her true feelings, Wheein loosens up and hugs her even tighter. She snuggles her face on Byulyi’s neck, which makes her feel even more nervous and giddy,

 

“I love you too unnie.” She mumbles.

 

Byulyi doesn’t even need to see her to know that she’s blushing.

 

The older girl grins widely. Her heart soars in happiness and relief at the thought of Wheein reciprocating her feelings. She hugs the girl’s waist tightly and lifts her up from the ground then spins her around. Wheein first squeals in surprise before wrapping her arms around the older girl’s neck for support. She laughs in happiness, which is joined by Byulyi’s own laughs.

 

Byulyi puts the girl down after one full spin, which makes her out of breath but still grinning like a fool and her heart feels full and content. Wheein is still laughing at the older girl’s antics.

 

The taller girl smiles in adoration at the girl’s dimpled laughs. She looks so beautiful when she’s laughing like this. Not that she isn’t beautiful before, but this side of her makes Byulyi feels like Wheein is really shining, she looks so ethereal and breathtaking.

 

Really beautiful.

 

Byulyi smiles lovingly as she fixes the girl’s messy red hair from the spin earlier. Wheein calms down from her laughs and smiles at Byulyi’s caring side. She still has her arms around her neck and Byulyi still has one of her arms around the girl’s waist.

 

“We really shouldn’t be in this position in public unnie.” Wheein says, grinning happily.

 

Byulyi raises her eyebrows before lets out a chuckle. “That’s true. If Yongsun unnie found out, she’d be so mad.” She smiles, now both of her arms rest on the girl’s waist.

 

“Let’s go to my place?” The younger girl asks.

 

“After buying for snacks?” Byulyi suggests. “What do you want to eat?”

 

“Do you have to ask unnie?” Wheein chuckles.

 

Byulyi chuckles with her, “Chicken feet and beer it is, girlfriend.”

 

The taller girl laughs when Wheein almost chokes. She blushes.

 

The girl slaps her shoulder playfully which makes Byulyi laughs even more. “Stop being so greasy!”

 

Byulyi grins, “but you are my girlfriend.”

 

Wheein blushes again, “Unnie!” She whines.

 

The older girl laughs, “Alright alright Wheein-ie.” She ruffles her hair slightly.

 

“Let’s go”

 

Both of them then breaks out of their hug and intertwines their fingers together, walking in light step, their hearts beat in sync and their smiles and laughs bloom the way they never experienced before.

 

Happiness.

 

 

 

 

“I swear those fools...”

 

A few feet away from them, behind the wall, a familiar black haired girl is holding back the blonde by her waist from ruining the sweet moments in front of them.

 

“Come on unnie, cut them some slack. Don’t you want to see Wheein happy? Have you ever seen her that happy before?” Hyejin grunts as the older girl keeps rambling in fury at how inconsiderate the other two are with their image in public.

 

Yongsun then calms herself down after hearing what Hyejin said. She has her point.

 

“But still, hugging and confessing in public is kind of stupid.” Their leader sighs.

 

“Let them go just for this one time unnie.” Hyejin grins, “I’ll buy you tteok-bokki alright?”

 

Yongsun sighs again before grinning like a child, “two servings?”

 

Hyejin rolls her eyes.

 

 

____

 

Finally finished this chapter.

Note : This chapter is again inspired by two songs, which is "Fallin' All In You" by Shawn Mendes and "Better" by Khalid.

Thank you for reading!