One Fateful Night

Hiraeth

She sighed and take a deep breath, feeling the cold salty breeze that's coming from the ocean. She tilt her head upwards and focus her gaze straight to the gloomy sky, no stars is visible for her eyes to enjoy at this moment, she took another breath and move her gaze to the only source of light that she have on this eerie night, slightly peeking through thek foggy clouds, she wonder how does the moon remain beautiful despite being with darkness for so long.

She's sitting on a huge rock formation on the seashore, contemplating what's happening in her life at exactly 2:34 am. This part of the seashore is her favorite spot, the rock formations there are massive with sharp edges and the waves in that area is slightly more aggressive which makes it dangerous in the eyes of other people that's why they avoid going in that spot as much as possible, too much for Lisa's delight, she can enjoy the view without any interruptions. 

The event earlier this morning that led her to this exact spot that she's in right now played on her mind, her eyes closed as she tried her best not to cry but a tear escaped from her eyes followed by another one and before she knew it her tears are falling uncontrolably. She started crying as loud as she can like a child who lost her lollipop in the playground. She doesn't care how loud her sobs is cause she knows that no one can hear her. Then realization hit her, she's alone, she's literally alone in this life, the thought make her cry even harder.


Just the thought of going on with life alone scared her so much. She's so lost, she doesn't know what to do and where to go. She's always the positive kind of person, the one who's always ready to give her smile to everyone but right now she cannot smile even just for herself. 

-

"p-please give me more time, I promise you I will pay you back." I plead desperately while trying my best to stop them from destroying my house. All of my things are scattered on the floor and these men won't stop until they've destroyed everything. There are about 10 of them, they're all wearing espensive black suits partnered with a wooden baseball bat. 

One of them is sitting comfortably on my couch, he seems to be enjoying what's happening right now. There's a smirk on his face while watching his men make chaos on my once peaceful house. Everyone can tell that he's their boss, I went to him and kneel down in front of him while looking down.

"Please sir, I'm begging you. This house is the only thing that I have right now but I promise you I will pay you back, just give me more time. I'll find a way to pay you, I promise." I said while holding my hands together, letting him see how desperate I am right now.

I feel so low at that moment but I would do anything just to save this house, this is the only memory my family had left me, I can't loose it. 

The man in front of me laughed heartily, I looked up to his face to see his expression, he is actually quite handsome for a goon, dark eyes, pointy nose and angled jaw but his appreance should be the least of my priority right now. He's probbably 10 years older than me, his aura screamed authority which sends shiver on my spine.

He put his fingers on my chin and lift it so he could look directly to my eyes. He has that evil smirk that will tell you to never mess with him unless you have a death wish.

"and how do you think you could pay me, little girl?" The tone he's using is intended to mock me but I chose to ignore it.

"I-I don't know yet, sir, but I promise you I'll give you the money, just give me a little more time." -I pleaded once again, hoping he would accept it this time.

"Your father used to say the same thing, he's now rotting 8 feet under but still doesn't fulfill his promise. If only I knew before that he has a daughter like you, maybe we could come into a sort of agreement." 

His fingers started making it's way to my right cheek rubbing it gently and then tracing a line down to my neck, his hand gently wrapped around it while his thumb is rubbing my throat in a slow and light motion. I was holding my breath the whole time, not knowing how to react. The smirk on his face is still there but there's a hint of seriousness in his eyes that add up to the tension.

"P-please, I-I promise I'll give you the money" -I tried again for the nth time, my voice is shaking from fear and desperation. He was about to say something when my attention was stolen by a loud crushing sound coming from the picture frames that was hanging on the wall, which now scattered on the floor. I run as fast as I could to get there and took the pictures of my family on the floor, I can feel the shatterred glass cutting my hands but I could care less, my eyes are getting blurry because of the unshed tears. 

I cannot take how they are disrespecting the only memory left of my family. I held the pictures on my chest while i'm trying to stop the same man from hitting the remaining picture frames hanging on our wall with his baseball bat. 

"Yah, please stop" I lost count already on how many times I asked them to stop. I was pulling the sleeve of the man when he got irritated and pushed me so hard I fell backwards, my forehead hitting the sharp edge of the side table, i can feel a wet sticky liquid dripping from my forehead along with the sharp pang of pain. My vision got a little blurry as I felt a little dizzy due to the strong  impact.

Their leader stood up and made his way to the man who pushed me, the smirk on his face is now gone, his eyes is now filled fury.

Before I knew it, the man who pushed me is now lying on the floor in front of me, lifeless, blood dripping from his head. My eyes widen from what I've just witnessed, shocked is an understatement of what i'm feeling right now. He was shot in the head, I looked at the person responsible for it. His face is still as stone, no emotions visible on his beautiful eyes, looking at the lifeless body with no interest like it's the most normal thing he had seen in his whole life. 

He turned his attention back to me, looking straight to my eyes which is still wide.

"that, sweetheart, is what's gonna happen to you if you're not able to give me back my money within 3 months."  

With that he turned his back on me and motioned his men to follow him, two of his men carried the dead body out my house. 

He glanced at me one last time. His eyes is deep but empty, looking straight into it is like having a glimpse of hell.

"My name is Seunghyun, remember my name, sweetheart" 

"Seunghyun"

With that he finally entered to his car.

I hear the sounds of the car engine, relief flooded me when they're finally out of sight. I look around to see the mess, shattered glass everywhere, the furnitures are upside down, cotton from the pillows are scattered all around and lastly, the pile of blood on the floor.  

I get up and used all of my remaining energy to clean up all this mess, mom and dad wouldn't like it if they see the house dirty. 

She placed the furnitures on their old position and removed the shattered glass using a whisk broom and dustpan after that she started mopping the blood stains on the floor not minding her own blood dripping from her own hands.

When she was finished cleaning, she went to the sink to wash her hands, cleaning her wounds to avoid infection. The pain while she's rubbing the soap on her skin is bearable compared to the pain she's feeling inside.

After drying her hands, she wraps a bandage around it. 

"oppa would be mad if he sees this. Sorry oppa, I got hurt again." 

She take a deep breath and forced a smile, trying her best to prevent her tears from falling. 

"I shouldn't cry, Oppa hates to see me crying and sad" 

The house is so quite making her miss them more, so she decided to go to the seashore near their house. 

---

Still looking at the ocean, she wonders where is she going to get the money to pay those people back. She can't even pay her own tuition fee and food, she's only relying to Jennie's parents for her expenses and she's actually embarass to accept any help from  them but she got no choice, she must swallow her pride to be able to live. 

They help me so much already, I don't want to bother them with this, they shouldn't be drag into this mess. They're the only thing I have that is close to family. 

"I am Seunghyun, remember my name, sweetheart" 

The sound of his voice is enough to send shivers on her spine and the cold breeze from the ocean is not helping. 

"ahhkh this " 

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when she heard a voice of a man somewhere followed by a soft whimper, whoever it is, it seems that he is in pain. 

"who's there?.... Hello?" she shouted.


"hnmnnnm ahhh" 

Another whimper. She followed where the sound is coming from, she picks up a stone that she can use as a self defense in case she'll be faced with danger.

"Hello? Where are you?" 

she shouted once again, walking slowly to the source of the whimper, careful not to trip on those sharp edges. 

"ahhkkk ouch, " 

 the voice is getting louder with each step, meaning she's near the source of the sound. 

Few moments later, she saw a man lying on the shore 5 meters away to where she's sitting earlier, he's wearing a black suit and it's completely drenched with sea water. She also noticed that his hand is in his stomach.

She ran to him and check his condition, his face is pale, his whole body is soaking wet, it seemed as if he swam into the waters for hours. Another whimper came out of his pale lips, thats when she noticed the blood coming out of his stomach. 

"oh my god, sir, you're bleeding. Stay still, I'm gonna call an ambulance"

she took her phone from her pocket as fast as  she could, but before she could dial 911, a hand stopped her, she could feel the sticky liquid in her skin and she didn't like it, it reminds her of the lifeless body in front of her earlier. 

"No, don't call anyone" 

The man told her, despite of his condition you can still hear the firmness and authority in his voice. 

"But you're bleeding, you might die because of it. You need help" 

I argue back, I tried to dial 911 again but he stopped me for the second time. His grip on my wrist tightened, I looked into his face and I can see the pain and determination on it. 

"T-then help me yourself, don't call anyone, especially the authorities, p-please." 

He's having a hard time to speak and don't know what to do. the desparation in his voice is visible which reminds me of myself but I won't let myself see another death in just a span of 24 hours.  

"Fine, but you need to help me out, I can't carry you out of here. My house is just a few  meters away from here." 

He nodded and I helped him get up and put his right arms on my shoulder for support while his left hand is pressed on his wounded stomach. 

He's trying his best to suppress his whimper until we reached my house. 

What is it with men in black suit and trouble?

_________________

 

Hi first of all Thank you for reading this and I'm sorry if there's any grammatical error or wrong spelling, I didn't proof read this before posting it. 

 

I hope you'll like this hekhekhek 😂😂😂