Chapter Six

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day for Jungkook’s friends, Jimin and Taehyung, to arrive came. I sat with Jungkook in the living room. I was on the couch with the puppy laying across my legs and the TV playing. Jungkook had set the tv to audio description so I knew what was happening in the show. At first it was embarrassing to have audio description on, because I hated to admit that I was disabled. That I was blind. I didn’t want people to judge me for it. But I soon realized that I shouldn’t be embarrassed. This was a part of who I am and I had to embrace it. Get used to my new lifestyle. And lately I’ve actually been getting a hang of it. It felt… Almost relaxing not having to see every single thing there was to see.

I’ve been able to describe touches a lot better. Like the feel of Jinwoo’s fur felt like cotton. It was so soft and almost silky. It made me think of a cloud whenever I his fir. I’ve touched Jungkook’s arm so much that I have fully imprinted in my head what his skin felt like. It felt different than Himchan’s or Yongguk’s or Bambam’s. His skin was a little rough, but warm. He had muscles on his arms that definitely poked through. He didn’t feel like a bodybuilder, but he definitely had the feel of a dancer. His skin reminded me of what a shark would feel like if they weren’t wet because of the ocean. I can’t tell you why, but Jungkook was like my own personal shark.

I was getting used to differentiating between sounds. Like the sound of the air conditioning when it picked up, the little whirring sound it made. Or the creaks of the house when someone walked. The pitter patter of Jinwoo’s paws when he ran around the house. The sound of the coffee maker when Yongguk made his morning pot. It was peaceful, just listening to sounds. It seemed like my sense of sound became ten times more clearer and I became dependent on it. I listened for emotional cues when someone was talking. I listened to whether or not Jungkook was bored or nervous or happy or mad. Jinwoo had different barks to tell me whether he was hungry or if he had to use the restroom or if he saw someone outside or if he just wanted to play. I felt like not being able to see made me understand my dog more.

And it’s only been four days of training, and so far Jinwoo was picking it all up pretty easily. He was good at sitting at street corners and walking when it was time. He payed attention to the pull of his leash whenever I had to stop. He stayed pretty alert when he was around me, so I wasn’t worried about getting into danger when I had him. And when we went to the restaurant the other night, he stayed quiet the whole time, laying under my seat. He did put his paws up on my lap a few times, but the restaurant owners and staff worked with us. They understood that the puppy was only training. I usually had quite a bit of treats to teach him what was right and wrong.

The ring of the doorbell didn’t affect me as I continued to watch my show. I got so used to people coming now that I didn’t have to look up to see who it was. I knew it was Jungkook’s friends, along with Daehyun and Youngjae. Everyone’s been talking about them coming for the last couple of days. I listened as Himchan’s heavy footsteps went through the house so he could answer the door. I could also still hear the chitter chatter of Himchan’s and Yongguk’s other two friends, Junhong and Jongup, from the dining room.

“Daehyun, Youngjae,” I heard Himchan great, excitement laced in his tone. “And you must be Jimin. Where’s your friend? Daehyun told me that you were bringing your friend… Taehyung was it?”

“He had something come up,” that high pitched voice I recognized from the video game day said. We haven’t played anything with the group since then. I was annoyed with Bambam since he really didn’t give great enough details to be my eyes. I ended up dying just ten minutes in.

“Come on in,” Himchan told him. “You can join my brother and his dog in the living room if you want. Um--”

“Is Jungkook here?” I heard Jimin ask. He seemed almost disinterested in coming to spend time with me. “I heard he was staying with you. I wanted to surprise him.”

“No,” Himchan replied, causing me to smirk and Jinwoo behind his ear.

“How is Yugyeom anyway?” Daehyun asked, calming my nerves a little bit. At least he cared. “I heard what happened. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him. Is he doing okay? Is he… Coping?”

“He’s definitely still grieving, but he’s getting better,” Himchan said, his tone now laced with sadness. “I’ve never seen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter