chapter 12

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

I wonder when he would ever tell me the truth, I've gotten nothing but excuses over and over again. He's treating me like I'm nothing but a nuisance but what's so wrong with wanting to know about your life? I watched him and Yoongi talking and laughing with the other kids, they look so happy like a family.

I get pushed away while he lets others in easily, maybe he never wanted me in the first place. I don't belong here.

I walk back to my room grabbing one of my bookbags putting whatever I might need inside. Throwing the bag over my back, I open my window before slipping out of it and walking to the only other place I know.

"Jungkook!" Hoseok beams stepping aside to let me inside. He grabs my bookbag and putting it down for me. "Why did you want to come over? Do you want to have a sleepover?" 

"Uh yeah, can we?" I ask, and he looks around the room hesitantly.

"I mean-"

"Honey, who's at the door?" A woman calls out, walking over us. She's tall and thin wearing a black gown and her dark hair up in a bun.

She stares me down for a moment before giving me a weak smile. "Hi, I'm Hoseok's mom." I couldn't help but stare at her bunny-like smile. 

Her smile looks a lot like mine. Even our eyes are alike. I look at the two but there's no resemblance, he must look more like his father.

"She's my step-mom as you can mostly tell," Hoseok chimes in and she chuckles slinging her arm over his shoulder. 

I feel my heart pang seeing the two standing there happily together. I wonder what its like to have a mom. I've moved homes, but it was never like this, what they have. "I'm sorry I came here unannounced," I apologize turning my attention towards Mrs. Jung.

"It's fine dear. Is everything alright? Do your parents know where you are?" She questions.

"Yes, I just needed to get out. I had an argument with my father and I don't want to stay there for tonight," I explain.
Hoseok looks at her his eyes begging for me to stay and she lets out a sigh. "Well, today's Friday so, I don't see why not. You can stay here, make yourself at home. Are you hungry?" She asks forcing a smile, and I shake my head. "Hoseokie we're going out so, don't do anything crazy, okay?" 

"Okay, mom," Hoseok sighs, rolling his eyes as she plants a kiss on his cheek.

"Good." She pauses for a moment turns towards me and stares, "And your name is Jungkook right?" 

I mutter a small yes, and she gives me a grim smile. "Sounds familiar," She mutters placing a hand on my shoulder. "I hope things get better with your dad."  I can't help but feel like something is off about her.

Hoseok and I say goodnight to his parents as they leave out the door. I turn over to look at Hoseok who has a giant grin on his face. "So, I can't wait to show you my room!" He beams as he grabs my bag and leads me upstairs to his room.

His room is small but decorated nicely. His walls are painted yellow, there are posters, and little figurines on shelves. 

I sit down on his bed, and he plops down next to me. "So, welcome to my room!"

"I like it, it suits you," I compliment and he smiles brightly.

"Do you remember how we first met?" He questions suddenly.

I shrug, and he sighs lightly. "At my job. You know, that restaurant? You were there with some guy," He replies.

"Oh, Jin?" I question.

"Jin? Is he your boyfriend?" he asks, his smile now dying down.

I look over at him curiously unable to read the expression on his face. The last thing I need is for him to be interested in me,  I have my eyes on someone else.

"He's cute. You two would look good to together," he sighs out. "If you're not together than what's going on? You look like you love him." 

"I do," I mutter.

"You do. He loves you too, I can tell. I wonder when someone will look at me like that," He chuckles bitterly.

I watch as he fiddles with his fingers nervously and he looks up at me, his eyes meeting mine. He begins to move in slowly and I do the same until my phone rings loudly startling the both of us. I grab my phone and look at the screen to see jimin calling and quickly answer it. 

"Jimin?" I respond only to hear soft whimpering from the other side. "What happened?"