Night

Night Café

Everytime I walk into the warm shop, my eyes always travel to the counter. 

The first thing I want to see is her squishey smile as she takes customers' orders. She's like a little baby that I want to keep in my pocket forever. Can I do that? 

She looks up at me at waved me over. My heart bounced a little when our eyes met. I complied while also bringing my guitar case to the counter. Her hair is tied up into a messy ponytail that I couldn't resist.

"Hey Seul! You can set up right now. No one booked before you." She smiled her famous squishey smile. "The stage is all yours!"

I died a little by her nickname she gave me. Even if Irene also calls me Seul, it's different hearing from the one you've fallen for.

"Thanks Dee!"

"No problem." 

Unfortunately she's never told me her real name but her name tag says D.Ana. 

I trudged over to the mini stage and set my case to the side. Pulling out my guitar and tuning it even if I just played yesterday. 

The bell jingled as another person came into the neat little cafe

"Seul-bear!" Irene came over to me.

"Ahh~ Unnie! You made it!" I smiled.

"Of course. I also need to see your future girlfriend." Irene teased.

I blushed and turned away back to my guitar. I should have never told Irene about my developing feelings towards the cute barista.

"Aww~ Are you blushing?" Irene kept teasing and laughing her high-pitched dolphin laugh.

"Shut up~" I whined. "She doesn't even like me like that. I think she has a girlfriend already."

That automatically shut Irene up. "Who?"

"I don't know. The other barista, Nahyun I think. But D.Ana is at the counter now."

Irene's neck snapped so quickly I thought she broke it right there on the spot. 

"Ooo nice pick Seul! If you don't try anything on her later tonight I might just take a chance!" Irene commented.

My eyes bulged, "No! I saw her first! Go get your own!" I became very tense. Who would just steal my D.Ana? Oh hell not you unnie!

"She's not yours yet!"

That's right... I need to make my move before anyone else does.

"Fine! I'll do it later tonight!" I grumbled.

"Fighting!" Irene cheered me on stage.

 

~~~

 

"Nahyunnie? Do you think Seulgi likes me as much as I do?" I ask with a sigh while cleaning the counters in despair.

"Of course!" Nahyun came by my side and gave me a loving smile and hug.

"But, didn't you see that really pretty girl come in after seulgi and they're so close!" I pouted thinking about the girl I barely know with someone else.

Is this what love feels like?

"I bet they're just friends. I mean look at us being also sweet and cozy with each other." She pointed out.

"What do you mean?"

"Eunae-yah, you are so dense. We are affectionate to each other and I bet Seulgi is too with that friend of hers. Just give it a chance and who knows, maybe this is your girl. I mean I've never ever seen you so worked up over someone else like this."

"Wow... I feel so dumb right now." The thought dawned on me. "I'l give it a try then."

"Fighting!" Nahyun cheered me on. "Make her a drink and be all sweet after her performance!"

"Ca you help me? Seul stays 'til closing time so then I'll propose." 

"Only for you Eunae." She gave me a peck on the cheeks and then stopped by my ear to whisper, "Look over to your seulgi."

She left while I looked over to see a staring Seulgi. She realized I caught her staring and quickly blushed and looked away. I internally gushed at how cute she was and a little obvious. She looked back this way and I gave her a big smile and a thumbs up in which she returned with a gummy smile.

She started to play music with the soft strummings of her guitar and her beautiful voice. The combination was a treat to my ears and so peaceful after such a long day.

I got out a mug to make a drink for the special someone who took my heart by her everything. I then got the beans out to start grinding.

The fresh aroma cleared my head from unimportant matters at this moment.

Okay Eunae! You got this! Fighting!

 

~~~

 

My hands strummed finding the beat within my heart and my voice found its way to my throat.

아침이 오기만을 기다려 이 밤에
너와 나로 가득한 이 공간 속에

아무도 모르게
너의 곁에
다가가지 못해서
혼잣말만 해
I can show you my world

우리들의 만남은 어느 곳에
기다려도 대답 없는 자리에
난 서 있는 걸
별이 쏟아지는 내 마음속엔
오늘도 너를 데려와

기억해 난 그날의 우리
내 맘 속에 널 부르고 있어
내 손짓 발짓 모두 다
너에게 들릴 수 있게 Oh
I can dream of paradise

아직도 나를 모르고 살아가는
넌 내 하루라도 바라봐주길
처음으로 돌아가게 돼도 다시 반해
어떤 표정 나 보일지도 뻔해
너는 어떨지
I can show you my world

기다림이라는 너와 나의 거리
아무리 다가서려고 해봐도
난 제자리인걸
저 먼 하늘에 내 두 손을 모아
기도해 너를 데려와

기억해 난 그날의 우리
내 맘 속에 널 부르고 있어
내 손짓 발짓 모두 다
너에게 들릴 수 있게 Oh
I can dream of paradise

여기야 내가 그려온 이 순간
우린 모든 게 꿈만 같아
더 멀어지는 사이가 참 모질게
지나 버린다 해도
다시 널 붙잡고 싶은 내가 맞아

아직도 난 그 안에 살아
내 맘속에 널 비울 순 없어
내 손짓 발짓 모두 다
너에게 들릴 수 있게 Oh
I can dream of paradise

비밀에 쌓인 너와 Go up
무슨 말이 필요해
두 눈을 감아 좋아
Don’t stop
마침내 이뤄질 yeah
내 손짓 발짓 모두 다
너에게 들릴 수 있게 Oh
I can dream of paradise

(Just waiting for morning to come tonight
In this place, filled with you and me

I couldn’t go to you
Without anyone knowing
So I’m just talking to myself
I can show you my world

I wait for our encounter
But I’m standing in a place
Where there is no answer
In my heart where stars are falling
Again today, it brings you to me

I remember us back then
I’m calling out to you in my heart
With my hands and feet
So you can hear me
I can dream of paradise

You still don’t know who I am
I just hope you’ll look at me for one day
I try to go back to the beginning but I fall for you again
It’s obvious what kind of face I’ll make
How about you?
I can show you my world

Our distance is filled with waiting
No matter how hard I try to approach you
I’m running in the same place
Gathering my hands towards the faraway sky
I’m praying for you to come to me

I remember us back then
I’m calling out to you in my heart
With my hands and feet
So you can hear me
I can dream of paradise

This is the moment I waited for
Everything feels like a dream
But even if my line of vision gets farther away
And cruelly passes by
It’s true that I want to hold onto you again

I’m still living in you
I can’t empty you out of my heart
With my hands and feet
So you can hear me
I can dream of paradise

You’re wrapped up in secrets, go up
What other words are needed?
Close your eyes, it’s good
Don’t stop
It’ll come true soon yeah
With my hands and feet
So you can hear me
I can dream of paradise)

My eyes wandered from person to person and found its way back to the person I was truly singing this song for. 

Even in just simple clothes as a t-shirt and jeans, she looked gorgeous and blocked anyone else out of my view.

I want my paradise with her, D.Ana. I love D.Ana.

 

The night soon was coming to an end as the closing time neared and people started wandering back out into the night. 

"Hey Seulgi!" Her voice popped out of nowhere as did her body. "Can you help me with something?" She asked so sweetly with that bright smile I couldn't resist.

"Sure. Let me put my guitar away and I'll be set!" I hurried off the small stage so I could help her and to hide my stupid blush from being seen.

"Okay, once you're done just sit by the counter and I'll tell you then." She then went back behind the counter.

 

Song is Like Paradise By Kriesha Chu