CHAPTER FOUR ~ UNDER ATTACK

Finding My Way To You

CHAPTER FOUR

UNDER ATTACK

When I hear shots being fired outside, I let go of Ji Yeon and I crawl to the corner of the room where I curl up like a ball. My dad gets up and looks outside to see what is going on, but Changmin rushes into the room again and fear is shown in his eyes.

''Your Majesty, you really have to flee. The citizens are at the gate and they try to break through the gate to get in.'' Changmin says and I look at my dad with fear in my eyes. Everyone looks at my dad and my dad sighs.

''Go upstairs and collect stuff you want to take with you and what you might need, because we have to flee.'' my dad says and all of us get up. I am the first one to leave the room and I'm the first one to go up the stairs, my siblings except for Ji Yeon shortly follow. Something that I feared for, is about to happen now. I pack a lot of clothes and I also pack a few stuff that will amuse me. With a big filled bag, I go downstairs again and I'm the first one who is ready. It's sad that my mum doesn't get the goodbye she deserves, but she will get it in the end once we're back home.

''Taekwoon-ah, what can we do with your mother's body?'' Hong Ki asks when he approaches me. Hong Ki actually is a servant, but I became good friends with him. So he is the only servant who speaks informal to me.

''Wrap it well into something and freeze it, I want her body to be in good condition when she will get the funeral she deserves.'' I tell him and Hong Ki nods, before walking away. 

Ji Seul is the next one who has her bags downstairs and tears fill her eyes.

''Ji Seul, we stick together whatever the situation is.'' I tell her and Ji Seul wraps and arm around my waist while her head rests against my arm. Why is everything going wrong wherever I am? I first have to train to protect myself against danger, then my mother is being killed and now we have to pack our bags to flee. I really wonder what the next step is going to be, but I won't die. I will keep fighting to keep the royal family alive, I will fight for my family.

~*~

After 30 minutes, everyone is downstairs and Ji Yeon's cries make the whole situation even more realistic.

''Your Majesty, the carriage is ready. You can reach this carriage by going through the garden, because it's no longer safe to go through the gate.'' Hong Ki says and points to the garden. My dad nods and tells us to get all of our stuff and to carry it with us to the carriage. Hong Ki grabs my arm and I look at him.

''Take good care of yourself and make sure you arrive safely wherever you go. I will think of you.'' Hong Ki says softly and I nod before I pull him in for a hug. It's hard for him to let us go while he stays behind, but Hong Ki assured me that he will think of us. Hong Ki lets go of me and I follow the rest of my family through the garden to the carriage. My own nerves are a hell for me now and fear is shooting through my body, but I hope to arrive somewhere safely. Ji Seul then walks next to me and she only sighs the whole time.

''I know Ji Seul, I didn't want this either. But we can't stay, because we will be killed if we do.'' I say and Ji Seul looks at me with teary eyes. Everyone one of us is confused and we don't know what to do, but it's better to flee. 

When we arrive at the carriage, the coachman helps us to load our stuff into the carriage. The coachman then looks at me and remembers me, because he drove me back home when I returned from my studies abroad.

''Here we are again, Your Majesty.'' the coachman says when he keeps looking at me and I sigh before I nod. Too bad not for the most pleasant reason, but this is the way it is. We have to get out of here, because it's going to be too dangerous if we stay. For now, we have to get out stuff into the carriage and try to get away as soon as possible.

~*~

15 minutes later, all of us are in the carriage and the palace disappears farther and farther away. Ji Yeon keeps crying on my lap and I hold her tight against me.

''We're safe now, honey. No one can hurt you now.'' I tell her and Ji Yeon looks at me with her teary eyes.

''No one Ji Yeon hurt? No one Taekwoon hurt?'' Ji Yeon asks and I nod. My family is my everything now, they are the biggest support to me. I look outside and the sky turns dark the closer we come to the dark sky. I sigh and I close my eyes. It doesn't take long before I fall asleep and I feel the stress leave my body. Ji Yeon carefully punches on my chest and I hear her crying.

''Calm down Ji yeon, Taekwoon is sleeping right now. Place your ear upon his chest and you'll hear his heart beating.'' Ji Seul says to Ji Yeon and I feel Ji Yeon's ear upon my chest.

''Heartbeat.'' Ji yeon says and I hear my dad laugh. Ji Yeon is like my mum, she can worry about the tiniest things and starts to panic really quick.

''Taekwoon isn't dead Ji Yeon, he is just asleep.'' Kyung Mi says and Ji Yeon nods. I can't die, because I have to stay a rolemodel to Ji Yeon. I want to be someone for her to look up to, because she no longer can do that to my mum.