paying dues

You Owe A Loss

A/N: for the sleepless Hani. XO.

 

Red tainted cheeks...

There's barely a time Sunggyu recalls Woohyun's without this shade.

It blemished the younger's cheek bones in the most unexpected situations; whether he was being focused on, or asked to give an opinion. It had been Sunggyu's secret fixation.

Woohyun wasn't shy per say. Heck he had stolen Sunggyu's first chaste kiss, afterall.

But he had this awkward side to him, not exactly too keen on being in the spotlight. 

What Woohyun loved the most was being THE spotlight. He had certainly brought up some wicked truths in Sunggyu's demeanor. And he couldn't hold it against him.

Being older than Woohyun should've made him wiser, or a bit more self conscious; but Sunggyu had lost himself in his childish behaviour, because nothing beat a dark mood better than Woohyun's goofy tantrums.

He made it lighter on the soul just by delivering a stupid joke, or push Sunggyu into some ungodly game, no one ever heard of. He was a kid ever since he could remember and he didn't plan on changing, no matter how the years added up on the birthday  candles ornating the special cakes.

And Sunggyu loved him more for that. Like he couldn't fight the force of all that innocence.

Truth be told, he wouldn't

Who would say no to blunt honesty, no ill intended? 

Like a child, Woohyun would give it to him straight, but sugarcoat every word if need be.

So maybe Sunggyu wanted to be pampered, cudddled in the hardships of adulthood like many years ago when he was just a boy himself.

And maybe Woohyun made it look and feel so easy, that he didn't take it seriously until it actually hit home.

And that's when Sunggyu understood what mattered to him the most.

Red tainted cheeks....Because that's when Woohyun was at his best responsive self.

He would and fluster the younger until he became beet red. And then they'd mock fight and promise stupid things, just to make up for it.

Because Woohyun was important. Because Sunggyu would not allow himself lose that smile. As much as he loved seeing it, he had to admit, it really suited Woohyun.

' What's your favorite thing in this world?'

' ...your smile.'

He didn't count it as valid, it had been a drunk confession .

But Woohyun dragged it out of him.

He didn't hear the end of it from the younger afterwards, but he didn't mind it either. At the end of the day, Sunggyu got to enjoy his cherished addiction, too.

It was the most enthralling thing to witness.

Especially when Woohyun would show off his beautiful red cheeks on top of it all.

Like when he first confessed his true feelings towards Sunggyu, or when they shared the first heated night together, or when they came out to their crazy friends as being a couple.

Every single time, Woohyun had been blushing and smiling, making Sunggyu hopelessly fall for him.

So here he is now waiting on red to taint Woohyun's cheeks once again.

Praying to stop the shortening of his lifespan with the longer it took the younger to come back to his senses.

Because he wished to grow old beside him and he only had Woohyun to forbid that from happening. He was certain, he would never really become old, when Woohyun's child behaviour would accompany them. But for that to come true, the younger had to....

Is it really his sanity he needed to lose? Sunggyu wondered on and on about it, all throughout the time it took for Woohyun to regain consciousness.

If that was what he owed, than he'd pay in full. 

Only if that was it...

" We got a pulse."

The buzz in his head prevented Sunggyu from letting the info sink in.

But just like that, from a small glimpse, he saw a tiny patch of red smudging Woohyun's previously pale cheeks.

" He's gonna be OK, sir. We're sending you both to a thorough check-up at the nearest hospital." 

All he could do was nod.

OK.