[ Chapter 2 ] Shattered into a Million Pieces

Black Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, the day of the firework festival has arrived, and everyone was eager to pack up quickly and leave the school. I took my sweet time as Taeyeon practically shoved everything into her bag. 

"Are you going to the firework festival Yui?" Taeyeon asked as she swung her bag over her shoulder. 

I shook my head in disappointment. "No, I don't have anyone to go with and it's an event for couples."

Taeyeon rubbed her nape and pouted. "How about you come with me and Baekhyun?"

"No thank you, I wouldn't want to interrupt your date." I laughed nervously and looked away, the words having a bitter taste in my mouth. 

"I-It's not a d-date!" Taeyeon corrected. "Just a friendly meet-up."

"That's just another word for date." I pinched her cheks and wore my backpack. "But thanks though."

Taeyeon nodded, giving up and at that moment, Baekhyun arrived at the door, surprising the both of us. His effortlessly cool hair, sharp jawline and muscular body made everyone but me swoon. 

"Hey Taeyeon-ah." He waved and gave a cute smile. "I kinda got locked out of my house so I was wondering if you would like to go to the festival now instead of at six."

"E-Eh?! Now?!" Taeyeon was flustered at the sudden change of events. "I haven't even changed or styled my hair."

"Haha, it's okay. You still look beautiful." Baekhyun said and I looked away, wanting to puke.

Taeyeon on the other hand, blushed heavily and giggled. I bit my tongue to keep all the insults I wanted to spit at Baekhyun and quickly walked away. 

"O-Oh, bye Yui!" Taeyeon's cheerful voice exclaimed.

I returned a small hum of aknowledgement and nodded at Baekhyun when he waved at me. I rushed out of the school, not look back and ran to the nearest convenience store. I made my way to the ice cream section and picked out my favourite, or at least Taeyeon's favourite ice cream and a drink to cool me down. I fished out money from my pockets and paid the cashier before taking a seat outside and eating my ice cream.

"Wow, you look sad." Momo came from the corner and I sighed. 

"What do you want now?" I didnt bother looking at her, not wanting to see the smug smirk she probably has on her face. 

"Just wondering if you want to go to the firework festival with me?" Momo sat down in the seat opposite me and rested her elbows on the table. 

I scoffed in amusement and shot her a look. "And why would you want to go with me?"

"I'm bored, you're bored, why not enjoy ourselves at the firework festival?" She shrugged. "Plus, Sana, Dahyun, Mina, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon are going with each other."

I considered her offer and decided to take it since I didn't have anything better to do. A smirk formed on her face as she giggled lightly. 

"Alright, let's go." She dragged me from my seat and we slowly made our way to the festival.

 

The bright neon lights and crazy street vendors were decorated along the sides as a stream of people poured in. I felt Momo pat my back and spread out her hands.

"Look at what you would've missed if you didn't come." I hate to admit it, but Momo was right. 

The firework festival was really amazing and it would've been a shame if I didn't go. I tried not to keep looking for Taeyeon but the curiosity kept bugging me. I scanned my head around the place as Momo bought us some drinks and food. We sat in a secluded area, away from all the chaos and ate there. 

"Here." Momo suddenly held up an unlit cigarette before taking out one for herself. 

"Thanks.." I held it between my fingers as Momo lit it up for me. 

"If you want, we can look for Taeyeon after we finish." She kindly offered. "I know you've been trying to look for her for the past hour."

I eyes widen and I shook my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter