Nostalgic breakfast

Older brother always comes first.

The sun was so bright, as if it was trying to blind me, punish me for the person I was, not allowing me to stay in a slumber that was only for an hour at the least. My muscles screamed at me as I took a glance down, only to realize that I had slept completely curled up in a little ball, my knees held close to my chest. I winced as I stretched out my limbs and rolled from my side onto  my back. Once again it seemed like I ended up looking at my ceiling like I had the night before and just thinking. Oppa with a little help last night made it to the sofa, not before I had cleaned out the cuts and wrapped them in a light bandage gauze. I couldn't even tell if he had been conscious when I did all that, I was lucky he had been so near the sofa, or else he may have slept on the floor.

I let my head roll to the side of the bed and glanced at the alarm clock, already it was 10, hopefully Taemin didn't have any appointments today, with how he was he wouldn't be able to go, plus he would probably have missed any early morning errands by now. I remember the early mornings, my parents would make me wake up at 4 in the morning to help prepare everything for Taemin to start his day so he could sleep in, when his career was just starting out. They were so proud of him, and even though we were working to get things ready for him, never for me, I still loved those mornings because it was when I felt closest to my parents all day.

But now that he was older they didn't do that with me anymore, he started staying over at SM most of the time, and when he stayed here my parents were usually off some where. I always still got up though, I always worked hard and made oppa's lunch, cooked breakfast, and cleaned the house so he wouldn't have to spend anytime doing it. A smile crept onto my face as I remembered the reward I would always get from him when he would wake up. His hair slightly messy from sleep, and a tired but blissfully happy smile. He would sit with me and we would eat breakfast and laugh at the silliest things, like a banana uyu commercial we had seen the day before. I lived for those early moments the last few years, but even those few moments were taken by his girlfriend, who he stayed with constantly.

My body felt heavy, pressed with nostalgia at all this thoughts, it was weird that i was thinking of these things now... A small bluebird whistled loudly outside my window, and I let out a small groan and got up, like the bird was my new alarm. Maybe I should make breakfast today since there is finally someone to eat with again, and besides with oppa's hands like that he would never be able too cook on his own today. 

My feet stomped loudly on the wooden steps as I went onto the ground level. With a soft leap I was at the back of the sofa, and I placed my hands on it and pushed myself upwards to try and get a look at oppa. The sofa though... was empty all but the blanket I had thrown on Taemin last night. My heart started to beat quickly as I started to worry more and more, were could he be? Where? Lately it had began to be apparent that I was becoming someone who was worried easily. 

"Ahh lil' sis hoping to see you awake before I had to get going!" Taemin said, and I turned to find him smiling and leaning in the doorway leading towards the kitchen, an apron on and a spatula held loosely in his hand. I guess he hadn't remembered that he had seen me at all yesterday... but that didn't matter because my heart began to flutter at his smile, and it took all that I had not to blush. My eyes drifted to the bandages, that were now fresh, he must have changed them this morning.

"Aishhh Oppa it looks like you have bandages all over your hands yet your cooking! Not a smart move!" I said with a small laugh, trying to act like I didn't know how the cuts under those bandages had happened, act like I hadn't been there that night.

"But I was hungry and didn't want to wake you! Besides I don't even remember when I got these so it must not have hurt that much!" He said with a sweet innocent smile. I cringed as an image of him crying last night flooded into my mind "So it must not have hurt," if only he knew the own pain he had felt, but it was better to see him happy then sad, more to his usual nature. 

"Well I'm hungry too so let's eat!" I let out a cheer and tried to slide past him through the doorway, but he brought his arm up in front of me and smiled. I stopped dead, almost smacking my face on his arm, an looked up at him. 

"What's the magic word?" 

"Please?" 

"With more aegyo come on sis!" he let out a soft laugh.

"Aishhh... fine.." I brought my hands up to hold my face and did a small head tilt and in a small voice I chirped "Oppa please?" and added my eyelashes fluttering for good measure. His hand plopped on my head and ruffled my hair, causing it to take the form of a messy haystack.

"That was cute! maybe you'll be as cute as me someday!" he said with a light laugh and tapping my shoulder to tell me to go ahead into the kitchen. Pff as cute as him? Like  that was even possible. It was so great to have this side of him back though, it scared me yesterday, worried me sick.  Ahh oppa I love to see you happy like this, teasing and joking, maybe it's better not to ask about things that happened last night and just be happy with these moments now.