#004

✧ Myungeun Drabbles ✧

Myungsoo and Naeun have been friends since they were kids. They were always eating together, playing together and going to school together. They basically spent every second of their childhood together. The two of them were inseparable.

 

Eventually, they developed feelings for each other but neither Myungsoo nor Naeun have the guts to confess. They love each other very much and they don’t want to risk their friendship. It worked for the two of them.

 

Everything changed when they entered high school. Naeun noticed on their first day at school that Myungsoo caught a lot of attention, specially girls’ attention. She knew that Myungsoo will be popular in their new school so to avoid trouble, she decided to tell Myungsoo that they shouldn’t talk when they’re at school.

 

It’s their PE and Naun decided to talk to Myungsoo about the thing that’s bothering her. She looked for him and fortunately he is alone. As soon as Myungsoo saw her, a smile appeared on his face.

 

“Why didn’t you wait for me earlier? We were supposed to go to school together.” He asked then the smile on his face turned into a frown.

 

She smiled at him and said, “There’s something that I need to tell you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Let’s not talk-.”

 

“What?!” Myungsoo’s eyes almost popped out when he heard what Naeun said.  

 

“Hey, let me finish first. Okay, I was telling you that we should stop talking when we’re at school. Don’t misunderstand. I’m not saying that we should stop being friends. I’m just saying that we shouldn’t talk whenever we’re at school.” She smiled at him and tapped his right shoulder.

 

Myungsoo relaxed a bit. He thought that Naeun wants them to stop talking. He really thought that Naeun is getting tired of being with him. “But, why?”

 

“Didn’t you see the girls yesterday? All of them obviously likes you. I even heard some girls talking about you. They’re even wondering if you already have a girlfriend.”

 

“Your point?”

 

“I don’t want trouble. Those girls like you and if they see us together, they might think that I’m your girlfriend and,” She sighed. “you know what’s next.”

 

“You don’t know them. And what if we’re always together? It’s none of their business.”

 

“I knew you’d be like this.”

 

“Then why bother telling me?” He mumbled as he looked away. He really hates this topic. Not going to school, no talking in school, and not going home together means less time with her and he hates it.

 

“Oppa. Please? You know that I don’t like people talking about me. If those girls know that we are close, I’ll be their number 1 topic and they might bully me.” Naeun pouted.

 

“I can protect you from them.”

 

“You won’t be with me 24/7. Please, Oppa. Let’s not walk to school together. Let’s not talk when we’re at school. Don’t wait for me after school.”

 

“I don’t like it.” Myungsoo said through gritted teeth. “How can she ask something like that from me? Is it okay with her? Not talking to me?” “Is this what you really want?”

 

Naeun sighed. “Of course not. I don’t like it as much as you don’t like it. But I think it will be the best for both of us.” Actually, she hates this too. She always loved being with Myungsoo. Even though both of them don’t talk much whenever they’re together, she still likes being with him.

 

Myungsoo thought about it for a minute and he nodded. “Okay, but on one condition.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Your Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for me and me only.”