Perfect Angel

Girlfriend Task

Tiffany was still hung over. She had to be. There was no way in hell Taeyeon, her boss whose net worth was in the billions would ask her out, so she must have imagined everything.

 

Note to self: do not drink until you pass out.

 

She would’ve excused herself to retrieve her water bottle to subdue the pounding headache if it weren’t for Taeyeon’s unblinking eyes staring intensely at her.

 

Maybe she hadn’t imagined it.

 

“Are you serious?” Tiffany’s eyes widened.

 

“Am I ever not serious?” Taeyeon laughed it off, but she was suddenly feeling a bit anxious over Tiffany’s response. Her secretary was not jumping at the opportunity. Instead, horrified was written all over her face. Well, that was rough. Was it too late to back out?

 

“That’s true.” Tiffany frowned at the memories suddenly flooding her mind.

 

When Taeyeon said something, she meant it. Like the time she suggested selling her idols’ belongings for profit. And who had to sneak into their dorms while they were asleep to steal a couple of socks and toothbrushes? Tiffany.

 

Was this also one of Taeyeon’s crazy schemes to make a profit?

 

But then again, there would be no profit in dating her peasant , which could mean that Taeyeon actually wanted to be with her?

 

Flexing her toes, which were the only part of her that were hidden inside her heels, Tiffany could feel the immense panic bubbling inside of her.

 

She could not date Taeyeon. It was not because they were in different worlds despite being literally inches apart or because her focus had always been on her job which left no room for any romantic feelings, it was actually all of the above.

 

“So what do you say, Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked in a breathy whisper. Not going to lie, it did things to Tiffany internally.

 

The secretary wanted to cry. Her job would be in jeopardy once her answer came out. Everything she had worked for to get here would be for nothing. Since working here, her dilemma right now had jumped to the top of the ‘pain-in-the-’ list she had made. How can she let her employer down gently without getting fired from being butthurt over the incoming rejection? Hopefully, there would be no tears or begging from the latter. Tiffany was cold and calculative when it came to her job, but she was no monster when it came to hurting someone’s feelings, especially her boss’s. Who knew Taeyeon had been harboring feelings for her this whole time. When did it even begin?

 

Sooyoung was right. She said this blouse would turn heads. Now look what happened to the CEO of SM Music?!

 

“I promise you won’t have to do anything out of your comfort zone just as long as it looks like we’re together.”

 

“Yes, of course,” Tiffany responded as cliché breakup lines distracted her thoughts. It’s not you, it’s me. I never meant to lead you on. I’m not ready for a relationship yet. “Hold on, what? I didn’t catch that last part.”

 

“Right, let me start from the beginning. I want you to pretend to go out with me so that everyone can finally leave me alone about being single.”

 

“Oh,” Tiffany uttered a processing one. Then another, ‘oh,’ but this time it was softer with a hint of unearned disappointment. “So like a fake girlfriend.”

 

“Basically, yeah. And do not worry, you will be paid for your time. I just have one rule and that is to keep it a secret from everyone—family and friends included.”

 

“I’ll be considered a social climber even though I’m not.” She had never taken shortcuts in her life. Using people as stepping stones would be the lowest thing to do.

 

“Just think of it as a second job or a side project. Plus, it’s not weird for two people that have worked together for so long to suddenly catch feelings, so it wouldn’t be so out of the ordinary if it were to happen to us.”

 

“To be frank, I do not think we know each other that well.”

 

“I know you well enough.”

 

“But why not someone that makes sense?”

 

“Makes sense? I don’t follow.”

 

“I mean someone like you.”

 

“Ohh.” Taeyeon nodded her head. “You mean someone who knows what they want, is hardworking, sharp as a whip, and beyond charming?”

 

Some of those traits were debatable, but Tiffany agreed anyways.

 

“You don’t think you’re any of those?” Taeyeon arched a brow, knowing full well that if Tiffany didn’t admit it then that would deem her incompetent.

 

“I guess we’re similar in some ways.” Tiffany shyly mumbled.

 

“I’m glad we’re able to clear it all out. Now I’m positive you can do this.”

 

“Are you sure you want me?” Tiffany suddenly wanted to smack herself. Why did she say it like that?

 

Taeyeon laughed at the horror-stricken expression on her secretary’s face. “Yes, I want you. You and only you. So, do we have a deal?”

 

“We do,” Tiffany blushed as her toes finally relaxed. “But can I add my own conditions in first?”

 

“Whatever it is you want, I’ll give it to you.” Taeyeon grinned as she went to sit in her seat.

***

Yoona: My cousin says she’s down if you wanna meet up with her.

 

Hyoyeon: Screw humans. Dogs are cuter, Tae!

 

Yoona: Is that why your boyfriend looks like a grizzly bear?

 

Hyoyeon: Bish I’ll kill you.

 

Yoona: lol jk <3

 

Jessica: Oh shoot. My aunt is m.i.a. Her ex from prison just got out of jail and supposedly they ended things badly.

 

Taeyeon: Enough! I wasn’t planning to say this but I’ve been seeing someone for a while now

 

Hyoyeon: OMG WHO WHAT WHEN

 

Yoona: ^^^

 

Jessica: Is it someone we know?!

 

Taeyeon: You can say that

 

Taeyeon: And it aint your aunt so don’t even go there.

 

Jessica: wow, I wasn’t even going to go there. My aunt isn’t even smart, otherwise she wouldn’t have gotten caught by the popos

 

Hyoyeon: Ok back to the subject. WHO IS IT?!

 

Yoona: Tell us!! I’m dying to know who snatched you

 

Yoona: btw so rude that you kept it a secret this whole time

 

Taeyeon: I’m not telling :D

 

Hyoyeon: Oh come on! Is it Hyuna?

 

Jessica: Ew, please say no. I hate her

 

Taeyeon: Nope

 

Hyoyeon: That one actress. Park Shin Hye!

 

Jessica: Dislike!!

 

Taeyeon: Wrong

 

Hyoyeon: Song Hye Kyo!

 

Yoona: Please get me an autograph if it’s true

 

Jessica: Bleh. I don’t really like her

 

Taeyeon: Still no

 

Yoona: Jessica, who don’t you hate?

 

Jessica: You guys ^^

 

Hyoyeon: Bish you told me you hated me an hour ago

 

Yoona: She threatened to set me on fire for not bringing her ice cream when I visited her

 

Jessica: Yeah, well y’all deserved it! Hmph

 

Taeyeon: Wow you guys are crazy. Fine I’ll tell you guys if it’ll finally shut you up

 

Hyoyeon: Spill that tea, sis!

 

Taeyeon: I’m dating my secretary Tiffany

 

Jessica: omg what?? Really?

 

Yoona: Was totally not expecting it, but it makes so much sense. Wow nice!

 

Hyoyeon: I knew it

 

Yoona: No you didn’t.

 

Hyoyeon: Ya I didn’t T_T. But I’m so happy for you, Tae! Can’t believe you didn’t say anything all those times that we caught up for lunch

 

Taeyeon: I guess I just wanted to keep us a secret for a little while longer. She’s sweet, gentle, smart, quick on her feet and incredibly y. She’s perfect for me, you guys.

***

With a copy of their contract in her bag, Tiffany kicked off her heels and entered her apartment, which was located just outside of Seoul. Although the cost of rent was cheaper because of its location, Tiffany still hated the place due to her obnoxiously noisy neighbor.

 

Groaning loudly as she walked barefoot across the hallway, the sounds of her stomping feet slapping the floorboards were overpowered by the metal music blasting on the other side of the walls.

 

Her Maltese puppies, Prince and Princess, howled and yelped at the trashy music.

 

This was a usual day in the home of the Hwang residence.

 

“Seriously?!” Tiffany shouted at the wall and banged her fist against it, only to have the neighbor turn up the music.

 

With her patience worn thin once again, Tiffany looked over at the corner of objects and picked up a bat from her high school days. Making her way toward the door, she yanked it open and began her usual five steps to the neighboring door. She thumped it with her bat and tapped her foot impatiently.

 

“What do you want? Can’t you see I’m busy?” A man with a beer belly, wearing a stained shirt and unattractive neon green shorts entered her vision. Last night’s dinner wanted to crawl back up .

 

“Hey, can you keep it down? It’s late already and for the hundredth time, these walls aren’t soundproof. I would like one day of peace and quiet, please.”

 

“Hmm, let me think. How about no? I’m going to do whatever the hell I want for the hundredth time, and no one here is going to stop me. I’m not scared of you.”

 

Sighing irritably, Tiffany gripped onto her bat and swung, slamming it into the wall beside his head. “You really don’t learn your lesson, do you? Must we do this every night? Should I bash your head in to get you to stop?”

 

Her neighbor from room 802 quickly shook his head and backed away. Tonight’s temper was way worse than any other night. He knew he’d be dead meat if he made one wrong move.

 

“Then shut that thing off before I shove the entire record player up your filthy .” The secretary huffed with annoyance before stalking back into her own room.

 

“Y-Yes, ma’am.” The neighbor scurried off to turn off his music, all the while mumbling in case she hear through the walls, “Crazy psycho .”


Sorry I took so long to update. I was too lazy to write and I was honestly concentrating more on drawing the cover than the actual writing. btw if anyone wants a poster drawing--chibi style-- feel free to hit me up xD Trying to practice my art skills lol even tho I should be concentrating on finishing my stories :3