If you talk enough sense, you’ll lose your mind.

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's a certain aura about mornings that Jimin always adored. It didn't matter what happened the night before, whether he laughed at a movie he was watching on his old laptop or he was muffling his ugly cries by his pillow. The next morning he would wake up forgetting all about last night. He believed in the saying 'tomorrow will be a better day' a little too much. Sometimes it felt unreal. And other times it felt like he was lying to himself, whatever it was Jimin wouldn't say no to anything that would make him feel better. 

He had lived a long period of his life in the dark shadows of his rooms and under the cold and unreadable stares of his father to know what made him feel better. It was the little things as everyone liked to call them. Jimin always wondered why they were called the little things when they made the biggest change. Everyone liked to say that the little things mattered, that everyone should pay more attention to them. Yet everyone always fails to notice them when its about someone else other than themselves. It's human nature to think about yourself before anyone else but it was foolish to ask things from other people that you yourself couldn't do. 

It's the little things. 

They said but the little things aren't really little. 

He sips calmly and slowly from his cup of coffee, too careful not to burn his tongue as he stares ahead at the view of the city. The sun shines brighter than ever outside. It's 9 am yet Seoul remains unforgiving with how hot it is. Jimin stares at the skyline he could catch sight of behind the tall buildings. He's sweating even though he has nothing on but a pair of an old boxer and an oversized shirt that falls over his thighs. He's drowning in the shirt but he doesn't seem to mind as he leans his head on the wall behind him. The aroma of coffee is strong around the apartment, his coffee leaves a bitter taste in his mouth with every sip. He doesn't usually like his coffee this bitter but Lisa seemed to have other thoughts because she had nothing sweet in the cabinets of the apartment nor the fridge. 

The first two days it bothered Jimin a little since he liked sweets but he knew he couldn't complain since he didn't buy anything and he'd have to wait till he got his first salary in order to give himself the luxury of having sweets. Over the few days he spent here he hadn't seen Lisa that much due to him being busy with work obviously and her being out almost all day. He only sees her for a few minutes in the morning and if he's lucky enough they'll see each other at their doorstep in the evening. They don't talk much simply because Jimin doesn't know what to say to her especially since the last time he saw her he told her good morning and she never answered. 

Perhaps Jimin was being a little too sensitive, perhaps it sits in his heart way too heavily when Lisa ignores him. It makes him feel so small, the way she looks at him like Seoul is too big for him. It annoys him. For many reasons and the biggest reason is that Jimin feels like it's half true. Things haven't been the easiest. Work is so stressful for him. Everyone around him in the restaurant is so elegant and professional while Jimin can't even carry two plates without trembling. He tries his best, he really does but at the end of every evening while he's lying in his bed, body screaming in exhaustion. His legs are shaking from the lack of food. He wants to give up all of this. To stop this bull, pack his stuff and go back to Busan because it's not easy. Jimin never expected to be easy but he didn't think it would be this hard either. 

When he places his empty cup in the sink Lisa is sitting on the lonely couch in the living room. Her blonde hair is a mess and she stares dazedly at a hole in the wall that Jimin had no idea how it got there. This time Jimin learns to stay quiet and say nothing. He washes his cup and the sound of water running is the only things that fills the awkward silence between them. Jimin catches sight of hickeys all over her neck. Dark spots of purples and blues spread messily on the pale skin of her neck. Jimin can't tell if the man sleeping in her room is her boyfriend or a random hook up. 

However, when he's finished dressing in his over worn jeans and sneakers. He's heading for the door when Lisa finally glances at him, he sees the loneliness in her eyes and then he knows that the man was definitely a random hook up.

 

 

 

 

"So there's a rumor going around about you" Jimin was zoning out for many reasons. Many valid reasons. One of them being that Hoseok didn't really get him a new shirt like he said he would. The blonde doesn't know if the older really forgot or if he didn't care enough. Either way Jimin never minded big things on him in fact they were much comfier. 

However, in work it did bother him because no matter how many times he rolled the sleeves they managed to unroll, cover his hands and he would have to stop his work to roll them once again. And since the shirt was big on him he always got the feeling that he was drowning in the shirt which probably made him look unprofessional in such a fancy place such as White Rose. He felt like when guests looked at him they probably thought of something along the lines of 'he doesn't belong here'. It was just overall annoying and made him grumpy if he didn't remember to control his emotions and facial expressions. 

He sighs. Rolling his shoulders in tiresome. They haven't opened yet and he already feels tired. He surpasses a yawn as his eyes fall over Taehyung who as always seemed to be finished with his work earlier than everyone else and was reading a book calmly. Taehyung was always doing things calmly, like it was something he was born doing. Whether something as simple as wiping a table or something as bothersome as talking to guests all day long. Jimin always finds himself wondering if Taehyung ever stresses, if things ever goes against his plans. But Taehyung and messing up don't go in the same sentence. 

The other day when he shared his thoughts with Hoseok the older had scowled. It was probably the first time Jimin had witnessed such an unpleasant expression on the older's face "he thinks he's better than all of us" he had said and Jimin as always found himself unable to respond to that. Because in his mind he knew that Taehyung was indeed better than anyone in this restaurant. He was good at doing anything from wiping wine glasses to painting smiles on the guests faces. Jimin can't even imagine doing all that by himself he doesn't know how Taehyung manages to do it all and make it look so effortless. 

After that he paid close attention to Taehyung and everyone around him and he came to notice not only Hoseok thought that way about him. In fact everyone seemed to despise Taehyung for many different yet similar reasons and he seemed to notice that no one likes him because he never gets close to anyone. Unlike Jimin he never goes out of his way to make conversation with people that pretend they're not jealous of him when inside they're burning. 

Taehyung keeps to himself, does his best at his work and finishes it flawlessly. He only talks with Jeongguk. Another guy that works behind a bar mixing drinks. has sleeves full of tattoos that looks too tempting to touch. To talk about and discover under the night sky. and that's another thing that Jimin have been dealing with in these few days he worked here. Its a thing he goes through daily and he calls it dealing with Jeongguk.  

Its kinda stupid but Jimin won't take the blame alone because after all Jeongguk was the first to start all of this. He's always looking at Jimin but pretends he's not. It's confusing in many ways. Ways that Jimin can't seem to understand. Jeongguk never talks to him, never tries anything really and at the beginning it made the blonde think that he probably didn't care or wasn't interested but when it's rush hour and the restaurant is packed  with guests. When Jimin is barley able to breath because he has to move, he feels Jeongguk's eyes on him. 

It crawls under his skin. The intense gaze of his. It makes his body heat up and the shirt clings uncomfortably to him. It makes him nervous yet excites him more than ever. Jimin doesn't know if Jeongguk is shy or what kind of a game he's playing but what's funny is that Jimin is already not fighting it. He's a part of it without him really realizing. 

"I heard that you're sleeping with namjoon" the words snap him out of his little world. He replies what he just heard in his mind two times for the meaning to finally set in. And when it does Jimin can't help the way his eyes open in shock and almost disgust because he never thought of namjoon that way. 

"What?!" His voice comes out louder than he expected and what he wanted. It gets him stares from Taehyung across the room who seems annoyed for having to disturb his quiet time and it gets him a blank look from Jeongguk that is obviously trying to hide his curiosity. Hoseok on the other hand doesn't seem to understand why is Jimin so surprised to hear such words, he looks confused and lost as he carefully eyes Jimin's reaction "what? that's what everyone has been saying since you're not good at this"

Jimin can't help but feel a bang in his chest. It never really crossed his mind how everyone might actually think of him. People threw words at him every now and then but Jimin simply thought it was due to the restaurant being busy and everyone stressing over work. He never thought too deeply of it but now that he knows that everyone thinks of him as a who opens his legs to get a job as low as being a waiter it..hurts. It hurts more than what he would like. His chest tighten and an uncomfortable knot forms in his throat. Tears collect at the corners of his eyes. 

And Jimin feels so small, pathetic and just useless. He couldn't do anything right and it just hits him how hard everything has been. He has been trying to push it away for days now. Tries to drown himself in work and morning coffees to forget about how cruel Seoul has been to him. It's devastating, breaks him from inside and flips his mind. He can't help but remnants his father's words about how he's never gonna make it somewhere in life. And not only his father but every person that had looked at him and told him about how stupid his dreams are. 

It's cruel, hurtful and tears collect in his waterline. His vision blurry as he abandons the rag he was holding on the table and stumbles to get out of this embarrassing situation. He could feel everyone in the room eyes on him, hears Hoseok saying something that sounds irrelevant because the sounds in his head are much louder. He pushes Hoseok too weakly to budge but enough to move him out of the way. He doesn't move his head from the ground, ashamed to show how weak and pitiful he really is. 

He finds himself in a corner way far from the kitchen doors and away from everyone's eyes. His chest is too tight for his little heart. Ragged breaths leaves his mouth and hot tears trail down his cheeks. His hands are shaking but just like him they pretend to be strong as they hold on onto Jimin's shirt way too tightly. Jimin is hurt. He's mad, heartbroken, has all these sort of emotions that he doesn't know how to get out. A million thoughts goes across his head but none of them really stay. He doesn't remember the last time he really cried this much. Or at least hurt this much as he cried. 

He bites his lips until they hurt trying so hard not to let any sobs come out but only results in muffled cries that sound pathetic even to himself. His chest feels tight and he gasps trying to even out his breathing. He feels the appearance of someone else coming closer to him and he ducks his head, pulling his legs closer to his chest he tries to hide his face. Drowning in humiliation. He doesn't want anyone to see him like this especially not Hoseok. 

"I knew you'd be crying somewhere" Jimin is surprised when he finds out that the voice does not belong to Hoseok. His heart beats in a way that almost makes Jimin feels offended in the state he's in. He looks up and through his teary vision he locks eyes with Jeongguk who's wearing an unreadable expression. He's leaning his shoulder on the wall beside him, leg in front of the other as he stares at Jimin unmoving. Intense. 

The blonde takes a shaky breath through his nose. His trembling hand moves on its own as he wipes the tears remaining on his cheeks as if that's gonna wipe the fact that he was crying. His face is flushed as he sniffles "i-i'm sorry" his voice sounds so broken and pathetic to his own ears that he finds himself tensing and nose wrinkling "what are you apologizing for?" Unlike him, Jeongguk's voice is steady. His posture is confident, gaze unmoving. 

The older bites his lips, feeling his face heat up even more the longer Jeongguk looks at him. He fumbles with his fingers, playing with the tips of his nails as takes another look at Jeongguk through his bangs. He doesn't catch the way Jeongguk's eyes darken because he's blushing way too quick and trying to avoid his eyes "i don't know" he mumbles breaking the silence between them. It hangs heavy in the air and Jimin feels like he can hear his own words repeating themselves in his mind.

There's a brief moment of silence where the only thing jimin can hear is his own sniffles an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter